Cannabis Oil Dosing Tutorial: Tacking Method

Hi
Firstly great site thanks for all the info, inspirational to say the least !

My Father has been diagnosed with cancer he has had a tumor removed from his intestines and has spread to his liver. He has chosen to go for an 8 week chemo option which he has alomst finished, I have also been making RSO which he has been taking almost a gram a day for 3 months now.

I have made the oil with a pure grain alcohol (Spiytus the Polish version of Everclear) and Kritical Kush, we have weighed the oil into clear capsules for him to swallow. The problem we have been facing is the strength of the capsules are sometimes knocking him for six, luckily he is an ex smoker and quite enjoys it . Occasionally If he has something important to do he will miss a dose... Due to this (remembering he is in the UK) I am growing CBD Nordle from the CBD Crew in Barcelona to see if this strain has less of a high, im sure it will also have more CBDs than the Kush I am using. This whole scenario has left me with a few questions, any info would be very much appreciated.

1) I have read on this blog that the advice is to hold the oil between cheek and gum .. Does this method get you less stoned and would it have any medicinal benefits for my father rather than swallowing ?

2) Isopropyl alcohol is of course popular for extraction, I have decided to move to Spirytus pure grain alcohol purely because it if fit for human consumption, it just made sense to me although it is much more expensive . What benefits are the between two, is there a scientific answer or any advice for which I should be using ?

3) If I am to advise my father to gum the oil rather than swallow , is there a way of making the oil softer. I find that once it is in a syringe or pot it goes hard. Is this just a case of warming the oil up three times a day?
Someone advised to add a little drop Spirytus before it goes hard to keep it more liquid. Again any advise would be very much appreciated

4) After reading untold sites and information I still cant work out whether it is CBDs or THC that is going to curing my fathers cancer !
I have been told that it is the THC that will cure my fathers condition although everywhere I read on the internet points towards the CBDs. Some clarification on this would be absolutely amazing !!!

The oil has already had a positive effect as he eats and sleeps just fine , along with a big smile on his face, we have also alkalized his diet out as much as possible. I feel the oil has helped tremendously with the chemo side effects as he has only had rashes and mouth ulcers so far. This week is his last session of chemotherapy before scans in two weeks time, he will of course continue to take his cannabis oil ....

Many thanks in advance for any advise ....

Peace Love & Respect X

Hi AdamNeal:

1. Dosing by holding the oil on your gum is most effective and does not get you stoned. The benefits are much better than eating as the eating causes euphoria and can often amplify systems instead of regulating/curing.

2. I will let Motoco1982 answer this one.

3. In my experience warming the syringe with a hair dryer on low will warm it up to usable...just don't over warm it.

4. The CBD's and THC really work hand in hand but the CBD's will reduce the tumor's inflammation and get rid of all pain and the THC is what will be killing the cancer. Remember, the oil has to heal the damage from the chemo as well as the cancer. Are you working up to a gram a day?

Hope this helped. Good luck and I will keep you both in my prayers.

Hi AdamNeal,

420 Magizine is the place to be ... soon I think there will be a blog on TV repair...lol. BTW :welcome:

2. I've been doing my extract with ISO however have a lot of experience to make it safe. That being said, I'm switching to Everclear for the same reason you chose your carrier and give it a go for the SAFETY factor so I can answer this question. You can always put a couple of drops of Grape-seed oil for more pliability and ease of use especially for dosing the proper way.

More detailed information on all your other questions are in this thread...just go to the very top, read, read and read until your here again. Its detailed and deals with issues of 'why you shouldn't eat the oil', how to use the oil in colder weather and everything under the sun...lol. You can skip the Veterinarian and small talk. All your questions are answered. Keep this in mind. Everywhere says eat the concentrate... so until you try the proper way you...you can be the judge.

I'm a little baffled...he has already been digesting almost a gram of day for 3 months? going through chemo and he's not cured yet?
Here's the scoop...CBD is a great addition to cancer patients. It shrinks tumors by taking away the inflammation and the best pain med in the world...no pain and relaxed muscles helps with sleep also. THC KILLS THE CANCER..it envelopes the cancer cell and cuts off the blood flow and it is DEAD. Think this way...if cancer is in stage 4 it progressed by the cancer cells mutating faster and faster. The low percentage of CBD (even a Harlequin strain like) cannot overwhelm the mutating cells ...20% THC or above will (potency of the bud before you make the concentrate) will be close to 50-60% THC. There is a crap load of false information on the net. and you can certainly see why there is so much confusion. Its there for a purpose.

Read the start and if you have any more questions...plz ask. One last mention...your Dad has already been eating the oil for some time, my guess is he has had other chemo treatments before this last regiment? He would of already been cured IMHO, the damage from the chemo will take a longer heal. Read em all...lol. Your Dad would feel so much better the right way...thing is he will think its not doing nothing because he won't feel nothing. He will when the digesting of the oil stops. It takes about 3 days to get regulated the proper way to dose. Also those rashes will go away as well as the ulcers (chemo side effects) and he will feel HEALTHIER and HEAL faster taken the right way. If he is an X smoker the first thing he will feel is his lungs will feel like they just got revived. He will feel more alert and have a much more healthier feeling.

T/C ...best wishes to your Pops and you

Motoco

Hi
Firstly great site thanks for all the info, inspirational to say the least !

My Father has been diagnosed with cancer he has had a tumor removed from his intestines and has spread to his liver. He has chosen to go for an 8 week chemo option which he has alomst finished, I have also been making RSO which he has been taking almost a gram a day for 3 months now.

I have made the oil with a pure grain alcohol (Spiytus the Polish version of Everclear) and Kritical Kush, we have weighed the oil into clear capsules for him to swallow. The problem we have been facing is the strength of the capsules are sometimes knocking him for six, luckily he is an ex smoker and quite enjoys it . Occasionally If he has something important to do he will miss a dose... Due to this (remembering he is in the UK) I am growing CBD Nordle from the CBD Crew in Barcelona to see if this strain has less of a high, im sure it will also have more CBDs than the Kush I am using. This whole scenario has left me with a few questions, any info would be very much appreciated.

1) I have read on this blog that the advice is to hold the oil between cheek and gum .. Does this method get you less stoned and would it have any medicinal benefits for my father rather than swallowing ?

2) Isopropyl alcohol is of course popular for extraction, I have decided to move to Spirytus pure grain alcohol purely because it if fit for human consumption, it just made sense to me although it is much more expensive . What benefits are the between two, is there a scientific answer or any advice for which I should be using ?

3) If I am to advise my father to gum the oil rather than swallow , is there a way of making the oil softer. I find that once it is in a syringe or pot it goes hard. Is this just a case of warming the oil up three times a day?
Someone advised to add a little drop Spirytus before it goes hard to keep it more liquid. Again any advise would be very much appreciated

4) After reading untold sites and information I still cant work out whether it is CBDs or THC that is going to curing my fathers cancer !
I have been told that it is the THC that will cure my fathers condition although everywhere I read on the internet points towards the CBDs. Some clarification on this would be absolutely amazing !!!

The oil has already had a positive effect as he eats and sleeps just fine , along with a big smile on his face, we have also alkalized his diet out as much as possible. I feel the oil has helped tremendously with the chemo side effects as he has only had rashes and mouth ulcers so far. This week is his last session of chemotherapy before scans in two weeks time, he will of course continue to take his cannabis oil ....

Many thanks in advance for any advise ....

Peace Love & Respect X

Thanks for the reply Motoco

The situation is my father has never been in pain from his liver and did not realise his condition untill he felt the tumor which he has removed. Since then he has been pain free just dealing with the chemo .... This is his first 8 week session of chemo which he has almost finished, he will have scans in two week time. I started my father on oil before he started his chemo medication and is of course still taking. The scans in two weeks will be the first since his first diagnosis so will see if there has been a reduction.

I will now advise my father to gum the oil ... we are all hopeing for the best in two week when he has his scans..

Can thank you enough for the info ...

Hi AdamNeal,

Thank you for the insight of your Fathers treatment. The scans should tell the tale of whats going on. Did your Dr. know he was using Cannabis Concentrated Oil? Also do you know the potency of what strain of MJ you where using?

Please keep us posted on your Fathers progress and any help 420 Magazine can give you on Intel...plz ask. Very noble of you taking care of your Father AdamNeal.

G/B

Motoco 1982

Thanks for the reply Motoco

The situation is my father has never been in pain from his liver and did not realise his condition untill he felt the tumor which he has removed. Since then he has been pain free just dealing with the chemo .... This is his first 8 week session of chemo which he has almost finished, he will have scans in two week time. I started my father on oil before he started his chemo medication and is of course still taking. The scans in two weeks will be the first since his first diagnosis so will see if there has been a reduction.

I will now advise my father to gum the oil ... we are all hopeing for the best in two week when he has his scans..

Can thank you enough for the info ...

Thanks for your thoughts ... they all count ! :)
Hi AdamNeal:

1. Dosing by holding the oil on your gum is most effective and does not get you stoned. The benefits are much better than eating as the eating causes euphoria and can often amplify systems instead of regulating/curing.

2. I will let Motoco1982 answer this one.

3. In my experience warming the syringe with a hair dryer on low will warm it up to usable...just don't over warm it.

4. The CBD's and THC really work hand in hand but the CBD's will reduce the tumor's inflammation and get rid of all pain and the THC is what will be killing the cancer. Remember, the oil has to heal the damage from the chemo as well as the cancer. Are you working up to a gram a day?

Hope this helped. Good luck and I will keep you both in my prayers.

Motoco 1982

Unfortunately the hospitals where we live are very naive and we have not found the right time to discuss using oil ... As expected they turned their nose up at the idea of any alternate therapy or nutritional help.

I think the quote was:
" you may as well sit on the end of your bed with a crystal ball" at this point I just kept my mouth shut said bye and left the room.

I think once we have the scans we will discuss with the oncologist .... I will certainly keep you up dated on our progress ...

Could someone please tell me what the size of a grain of rice equals.... ______ grams?

Also, I've been taking about an inch in the morning and an inch before bed. I have been just swallowing it. Mostly because I don't like to have it sticking to my teeth. Is this really less effective?

One more - your reference to bone cancer, do you mean bone marrow cancer or bone mets? Am I wasting my time - I have bone mets.

Thanks for any information!

Hi AdamNeal,

Completely understood, I asked the question about 'if the dr. knows' just to see the response. Its been my experience also. Really not their fault..they 'trust' also...I like to see the different responses. I get that answer all the time :hmmmm: . When my father-in-law was sent home after chemo/late stage radiation failed afte 2.5 yrs of treatment and one of the staff of Dr.s briefly pulled him aside and whispered 'try the RSO oil'. It was an indicator that some Dr.s are hearing of the cannabis concentrated oil. Same Dr. also said his Son has cancer and he would NOT have him go through chemo. Its slowly, slowly changing. Some Dr.s are so busy, they honestly just haven't heard much or anything about it. Bottom line...its not their fault, they are just following the law. I'm surprised about no info on nutrition. I like your analogy.

Thank you for keeping us updated. Anything you need to ask, plz do so. You and your Dad are in my prayers. G/B

Motoco 1982

Motoco 1982

Unfortunately the hospitals where we live are very naive and we have not found the right time to discuss using oil ... As expected they turned their nose up at the idea of any alternate therapy or nutritional help.

I think the quote was:
" you may as well sit on the end of your bed with a crystal ball" at this point I just kept my mouth shut said bye and left the room.

I think once we have the scans we will discuss with the oncologist .... I will certainly keep you up dated on our progress ...

Hi massage2001,

I've never weighed a grain of rice of concentrated cannabis oil. I have the oil in a oral syringe marked. If you use a oral syringe while applying your inch line, see where it starts and finishes. An example; if starting on a 'marked' line after you finish lets say it went down to another marker you just used 1/5th of a gram. Also if you have a scale and your oil is in a oral syringe, weight the syringe with the oil in it and after you dose, weight it again. I've tested the weight just as an fyi for myself. I took an empty oral syringe and weighed it, then added the concentrated to a 1 gram marker on the oral syringe and it weighed exactly 1 gram more than the weight of the empty syringe on many different strains and it always weighed the same. The yield of different strains might have varied, but the weight of a gram was always the same. I either produce consisted oil as far as viscosity goes (I would of thought if the viscosity was different it would weigh more/less) but as mentioned it always weighs the same. Hope this helped.

Have you read the dosing instructions Cannabis Oil Dosing Tutorial: Tacking Method If not please do so. Also follow the blog down as it contains more info. You have to break the size of dose down to control the application better...it takes longer, but, its correctly done.

I was referring to bone marrow cancer. Yours just attached to the surface. Your not wasting your time. No matter what, even with bone marrow the quality of life is so much improved...also I think this could be treated down the road when Dr.s get on board...if they can do bone marrow change outs then I think they could find a efficient way of getting the concentrate in there some way.

How long did it take you to work up to the size your digesting if I may ask? How long have you been using Cannabis Concentrated Oil?
Do you work during the day? Sounds like it, you could make your dosing regiment more times a day and much easier to control and the flow of the concentrate through your system is more consistent than 2 times a day. I have to ask, have you tried the correct way to dose? How did you feel compared to digesting a inch long dose?

YW and welcome to :420:

Could someone please tell me what the size of a grain of rice equals.... ______ grams?

Also, I've been taking about an inch in the morning and an inch before bed. I have been just swallowing it. Mostly because I don't like to have it sticking to my teeth. Is this really less effective?

One more - your reference to bone cancer, do you mean bone marrow cancer or bone mets? Am I wasting my time - I have bone mets.

Thanks for any information!

Hi massage2001,

I was hoping you would of responded by now. Taking about an inch of concentrated cannabis oil in the morning and the same amount at night and swallowing it is not a safe way to dose. If someone comes in and reads your post and decides that is the correct way I guarantee they will pass out! They won't overdose to be sure ... but falling and injuring themselves or worst is a extreme concern. That is why I was hoping you would of responded by now so I could do some clarification on the questions I asked. That is why I asked if you read 'How to Dose Correctly Using Rick Simpsons Oil/RSO and follow the blog. Its to insure safe measures and the correct way to apply/dose the concentrated oil. I hope you understand...its all about safety precautions using a powerful Concentrated Oil. BTW...would you mine telling what type of 'cannabis concentrated oil' your using? Just curious. Again, looking forward to your response.

Thank you.
Motoco 1982

Hi Motoko 82
I am about to use some grape seed oil to try and keep my oil a little more useable in a syring. Am I right in thinking that we should let the alcohol burn off first and then add a little grape seed while the oil is warm ?? Also, would hemp seed oil do the same job or is grape seed oil the best to use?

Hi Motoko 82
I am about to use some grape seed oil to try and keep my oil a little more useable in a syring. Am I right in thinking that we should let the alcohol burn off first and then add a little grape seed while the oil is warm ?? Also, would hemp seed oil do the same job or is grape seed oil the best to use?

Hi AdamNeal,
Your correct, let the alcohol burn off first and before you put into an oral syringe (what I would recommend for storage) then add just one drop @ a time, stir well ( I like using a cuticle pusher for this as well as using while dosing if you used to much on your finger) then if needed another drop until your consistency is better...not to runny though. I never tried Hemp Oil to thin the concentrate oil out so I can't say yes or no. I have used 'grape seed oil' and it works great IMO...especially in colder climates. Hope this helps and everything is going well. :Namaste:

Hi Motoco 82 Thanks once again for the info , very helpfull !! I have tried the grape seed oil , it works well . I have also tried a tiny drop of spirytus which has also worked well. As mentioned in earlier posts we are using Spirytus the polish version of Everclear.

How long would you recommend soaking the produce before straining ??

I have also found a very interesting video I would like to share explaining the break down on Cannabinoids and their effects :

Many thanks once again ..

Hi AdamNeal,

To date I have not tried making concentrated cannabis oil using Everclear/Spirytus. I will be giving it a go soon using the Everclear/Spirytus procedure with a Magical Butter Machine. Here is a link Cannabis Oil which is where discussions, methods of making cannabis concentrated oil. This will keep this tread on on track for the proper use of Cannabis Concentrated Oil as well as a much safer way to dose properly :high-five: I remember this video when first getting into Cannabis Concentrated Oil. I thought it was very informative, however, its incorrect info. It states THC reduces tumors/cancer cells and CBD attaches itself to the cancer cell and it implodes. Here is another video link with the correct version Cannabis Facts . Once you have used Cannabis Concentrated Oil the correct way like I have for a couple of years you learn things and its easy to find out what information is correct and in-correct. Case in point; I had a mole that was very irritating. I used a cannabis oil that was Harlequin strain concentrate only and applied on the mole and covered with a band-aid. Left it on for about 5 days, removed the band-aid to take a look. It took away the redness around the mole and was smaller. I re-applied more Harlequin concentrate using the same method and again checked in 5 days and it looked about the same. The next test I did was using Blue Dream concentrate and it had almost no CBD and applied the same way as Harlequin. After 5 days I took a look and noticed the whole area around the mole (about a inch diameter) was red and the center of the mole had a tiny hole resembling a zit. The second application after 5 days the redness was mostly gone and the mole got much smaller. The next application of the Blue Dream concentrate after five days and it was just a little dot. After one more treatment it was completely gone never to return. One would think the video would be accurate with Dr.'s and Scientist wouldn't you? It was edited by you know who so it could be viewed. Another great example of false information to the public to create confusion. Apparently it sure is effective. Once you have experience on how the oil works its easy to read in between the lines what is false and what is correct. Its not the Dr's , Scientist giving out the false information. Thank you for this post, as I reviewed it now, compared to when I first watched it and instantly picked up on the edit. Now I know why you where asking 'sure its not the CBD' killing the cancer? Look at the more updated version on the link I provided you. I guarantee if you where using a high THC strain on your father for 3 months the cancer would of been gone. While I would use Harlequin/high cbd strain for pain and inflammation, especially going through chemo, its the high amount of THC that will effectively kill cancer cells. Learn this my friend and pass on the correct information. The tide will turn and when it does people will turn their eyes toward certain things and ask 'why all the lies ?, why all the mis-information?'. They have their own products to sell and can keep it that way with the huge profits they make and care nothing of life or death. You can see how this video swayed your thinking, it would do the same for most.
Keep me posted my friend and I hope you understand things a little clearer. This will show others also how false information and deceit can turn the wheels back another 10 yrs. Now you can feel much more comfortable treating your father and headed in the right direction.
Anything I can help you with knowledge wise, you ask. How is your Father doing?

Motoco 1982

Hi Motoco 1982

Just to keep you updated .. My Father is now tacking the oil on his gum and is finding it much better. He has been able to up his dose to just over a gram a day due to this.. Thanks you so much for the info !!! He had his last session of 6 chemos last Tuesday and is continuing to take the oil. The first scans are on the 7th of April ..... All the oil that my father has been taking over the past 3/4 months has been high THC strains so lets hope for the best.. Untill then .. Peace, Love and Big Respect !

Hi AdamNeal,

This made my weekend! That is really wonderful news and I am just really happy for your Dad and you! Great job AdamNeal and than you so much for your Dads current status. Hoping for the best for you guys. Please remember even if it comes back negative still use a follow up dose for at least 30 days (taper off the high dose and work down to a small grain of rice. Then half that in the morning and the other half afternoon. :cheer::bravo:

Motoco 1982:Namaste:

Hey everybody.
I just wanted to thank all of you for putting so much time into helping others. This thread has helped me understand my mothers doses a whole lot more clearly. She is using RSO to fight her ovarian. She's had it for about 10 years it's just now really beating up on her. Chemo is not an option anymore and we all now see that we should have started the oil a long time ago. But we are here where we are today so grateful to have the knowledge now. That is important and we are lucky to have this option.

Anyways. I would love to share her story and Progress more as it all goes along. Also really want to try the gum method as described in the thread. I've learned so much for you guys. Thank you! When I get some more free time I'd love to share her whole story with the cannabis oil treatment. I've kept a nice record of dosing times and amounts. Her spoken description of feelings and symptom relief. Related with the cancer and other ailments. I hope the details I've kept a record of can help others.
I'll get back soon...but thank you thank you thank you! We will never give up. My mother is a strong person and her hearing about all of you knowledgeable, huge hearted people has helped ease her worry about a lot of things. Much love!

Taylor

Back
Top Bottom