Cannabis Oil Dosing Tutorial: Tacking Method

I order the magic butter thing a couple days ago. I also ordered syringes and have them at home.

My time zone is Eastern.

Can I try using the oil I made in the meantime?

Also, can you PLEASE walk me thru how you warm it up before tacking. Actually step by step details and time it takes please

Tks for the info FC...yes, the oil will not hurt you...so even if its to practice dosing (don't forget a drop of grape seed oil to make more pliable...if not pliable enough add another drop until its more easy to use but not to much or it will be to runny.

I will post the dosing instructions in the a.m. as I've had and extremely long day...about 10:30 your time. T/C and see you in the morning.

Hi FC: A Vet friend who treats horses with skin cancer works in cooler weather and has the same issue (but certainly not as cold as the east coast) and I was so engrossed with helping you I completely forgot and its in this thread towards the top...duh on me and sorry to you. Fortunately with you set back its a mute point.

Purchase a 'rice heating pack' from a local drug store/wallmart, etc;, ( I know, another trip and I'm sorry). 3 minutes before you dose warm up the rice pack in the micro-wave on high. Remove heated rice pack and set on a counter-top and fold in half, take your 'oral' syringe on the counter-top and fold in half, take your syringe and put into the middle of the heated rice pack, and cover as well as possible (the oral syringe is placed parallel with the rice pack and make sure you have the cap on...no caps? you need some). How long? This is something you are going to have to experiment with...the concentrated oil flows to COLD and away from HEAT. The idea is to get the oil warmer than the temperature of your gums (if need be take a thermometer, insert in your mouth, follow directions on how long to check your temperature, take the reading and you need about 10 d. warmer than your gums, i.e;, thermometer is 99.8 you need your oil 110-115 d. (this is a safe temp, coffee as an example around 190 d., so no worries of burning your gums). Once done getting your mouth temperature, insert thermometer between the rice pack and when to the 115d mark pull out your oil and 'quickly' put your dose on your finger and apply per dosing instruction asap to your gums...this is something your can practice with your existing oil until your cold weather application will not be needed as the weather warms into spring & summer. You might have to let the oil heat up to 120 or slightly higher (just the time you apply the dose to your finger and apply to your gums the cold air can hardened the oil and you will have issues again for the oil not 'tacking' to your gums. Practice, practice, practice, make adjustments on warming up your oil to a higher temp until the application WORKS and you will be well versed when your new batch is made and you will have one 'bump' in the road taken care of so we can move forward. Again have patience, practice until 'cold weather' is a mute point.

When practicing getting the oil to adhere to your gums start using a 1/2 grain of rice 6 times a day with your existing oil. This is your schedule: 1st A.M. dose; (after you have ate breakfast including warm drinks & beverages and your teeth are brushed, this is IMPORTANT, so as not to carry your oil down to your CB2 receptors (stomach area) before it goes to the CB1 receptors in your brain so you accidently do not become euphoric). Do not worry, just a precaution for safety. Yes, you will know if your oil is good second time around before you start dosing correctly. We'll cross that bridge when your ready to go the second time around. This time schedule is important part of your dosing regiment...you do not want to be erratic on you dosing time schedule as a strict REGIMENT is essential as your system/body works best. This is also a HUGE aid in your concentrated oil to have its most benefits for healing correctly and faster. Your system LOVES REGIMENT, not just with the concentrated oil but in daily routines like getting up at the same time and getting a good nights sleep. REGIMENT REGIMENT REGIMENT for a quicker heal :high-five:

1st : 7 a.m.

2nd: 9: a.m.

3rd: 11:00 a.m.

4th: 1:00 p.m.

5th: 3:00 p.m.

6th: 5:eek:o p.m.

Times are an example as you know your schedule. Also think about when @ work...if extremely cold there you still need your doses during those hours (strict regiment) if you work outside you need to have a rice pack handy to warm up to make your oil pliable. You will learn your work arounds...just don't miss your dosing times and think ahead. Right now priority one is healing your cancer so what ever adjustments have to be made you do them. Again have your GF/Friends help you, right now they are in a better state of mind and can be a HUGE help in following & clarifying instructions, or if you missed something they can be a HUGE asset until you become well versed. FC all this might seem overwhelming...its not...in fact you will find its very easy, its just a learning curve like every thing else, difference is, this will save your life. Once behind you, you can reflect back and think, besides the cold weather set back...AWESOME. Its the unknown my friend that causes the uncertainties, soon you will be on track and your focus will be on killing cancer and how much better you will be feeling than the anxiety/panic of the unknowns.

BTW, anyone checking this tread on dosing properly plz remember, especially 1st time readers; if you 'chime' in @ the current posting, I STRONGLY recommend you go to the very start on p. 1 and that should be your starting point, so you do not get confused or miss some important information concerning the CORRECT information on how to dose properly using RSO)

Motoco

I order the magic butter thing a couple days ago. I also ordered syringes and have them at home.

My time zone is Eastern.

Can I try using the oil I made in the meantime?

Also, can you PLEASE walk me thru how you warm it up before tacking. Actually step by step details and time it takes please

Detailed post :eyebrowsmile: lol. YW...

Do you smoke cigs ??? I know, sounds like a bad question. Most important right now is to practice dosing and find a way to get the oil warm, (above gum temperature) so it can stick on your gums. Doesn't take but a nano second for the oil to harden up and it sticks on cold, hence stays on your finger. Dang weather..

Sounds like cold weather to me also...remember to keep hydrated, especially in cold weather. Question...do you feel more 'perky' or energetic, more than normal? Nothing important, just curious.

You seem much calmer and focused. TY FC

Thank you for that detailed email.

I'm still using my 1st batch and I'm sure it's unrelated but my lungs feel dry. Could just be the weather.

Detailed post :eyebrowsmile: lol. YW...

Do you smoke cigs ??? I know, sounds like a bad question. Most important right now is to practice dosing and find a way to get the oil warm, (above gum temperature) so it can stick on your gums. Doesn't take but a nano second for the oil to harden up and it sticks on cold, hence stays on your finger. Dang weather..

Sounds like cold weather to me also...remember to keep hydrated, especially in cold weather. Question...do you feel more 'perky' or energetic, more than normal? Nothing important, just curious.

You seem much calmer and focused. TY FC

i dont smoke cig at all.

I took more than I usually have last night before bed and I had a hard time sleeping. Not sure if that is a side effect of the MJ.
I'm going to make a new batch tomorrow and will follow your dosing time.

The hard time sleeping @ night is because the Diesel Strain you used for your oil is Sativa dominant (UP like caffeine) and keeps the brain awake. Maybe your oil isn't as bad as you think...just weak...even if its weak in THC, CBN, CBD you will still feel the UP of the Sativa strain. Indica is complete opposite. Why I stressed the Harlequin or Cannatonic like strain for daytime use and a Indica x Indica (as pure of Indica you can get) for use throughout the day and before night time. At least you feel something related to your oil. This is how long it takes to get the oil in your system to start feeling some effects and because yours was weaker probably took a couple days longer to feel the UP. The Harlequin/strain dosed 1st thing in the morning will take care of any pain, reduce inflammation (important for tumors) and being Sativa dominant will give you energy through the day. However, this strain does not have the THC amount needed to kill off the mutating cancer cells. Enter Indica ... a Indica high in THC but also used for sleep.

Regiment using these 2 concentrates.

1st a.m. dose; Harlequin only (used specifically for pain and inflammation) for reducing tumors and pain. FULL GRAIN OF RICE

2nd a.m. dose; 1st dose for Cancer treatment shortly after 1st dose of Harlequin, make sure you 'tack' properly and take your time. HALF GRAIN OF RICE

3rd dose; Cancer treatment-Indica HALF GRAIN OF RICE 'tack properly'

4th dose; Harlequin (FIRST) dose size GRAIN OF RICE Cancer treatment-Indica GRAIN OF RICE (Pay attention..your taking 1 1/2 grains of rice...do the Harlequin first. It has high cbd's and low THC which will control the dose of high THC in the Indica. MAKE SURE YOU DOSE PROPERLY AND DO NOT SWALLOW WITHOUT TACKING FIRST. Just because your taking 1 1/2 grams I don't want you to loose control of the dose size. You will be comfortable in no time. Just take your time.

5th dose: Cancer treatment - Indica 1/2 GRAIN OF RICE

6th dose: Cancer treatment- Indica 1 GRAIN OF RICE before bedtime.

NOTICE no more Harlequin after the 4 dose? No more UP med...all your pain/inflammation will be covered until the next morning and stopping after the 4th dose lets your body start relaxing and start your wheels to slow down upstairs and after your last dose of Indica before retiring for the night. Modifications by using a little more or little less of Daytime (Harlequin/like) if you feel too sluggish during the day or visa versa ...you can use a little more Indica if you feel to UP during the day. Just do not try to take Harlequin/like afternoon. So you will sleep like a baby.

This would be a perfect regiment for your cure. The amounts will increase and add a couple of doses down the road. This is where we would of been in the second week. So now I have time to give this info. Now you have the amounts and the times. The time can be your schedule of course and has to be a steady time/regiment the dosing amount is directly from me plz. TY

Again the concentrate takes time to fully enter the system...a little patience and you will be rewarded 10 fold and start feeling much better especially in attitude while the THC is doing its thing for the cure.

Just a heads up...be in and out helping a close friend with Parkinson for a day or 2. I know you are going to be busy...keep doing what your doing FC...I'll still be using a tablet to check...just a heads up. Thanks

ps...you dose CORRECTLY why u couldn't sleep. Sry about the sleep...but you did it right !!! also the feeling in your lungs could be some healing going on...as this is a feeling I had when first trying. TY :thumb:

i dont smoke cig at all.

I took more than I usually have last night before bed and I had a hard time sleeping. Not sure if that is a side effect of the MJ.
I'm going to make a new batch tomorrow and will follow your dosing time.

TY,

Is there anything that would disolve the oil quicker. Mine stays in my mouth a long time (several hours). It stays on the back of my front teeth as well. When I was injesting this was not a problem. I have Parkinson's Diseasse to refresh your memory.

tlongmire

TY,

Is there anything that would disolve the oil quicker. Mine stays in my mouth a long time (several hours). It stays on the back of my front teeth as well. When I was injesting this was not a problem. I have Parkinson's Diseasse to refresh your memory.

tlongmire

Happy you chimed in tlongmire ....
Are you dealing with cold/cooler weather also? Colder it is the longer it takes the oil to dissolve/move (dissolve on the gums & the rest that MOVES down to the stomach area, hence lasting longer on your teeth and mouth area. If its because of colder temps a drop of grape seed oil makes it more pliable which will dissolve sooner. I really don't like the taste that much...lol, but I know that I got the good meds. Only a small discomfort when you read further IMHO.

My friend with Parkinson just got into a HUGE set back. A couple of things happened and triggered the whole mess (this is the second time this has happened btw). The latest had his procedure delayed a couple of months (electric stimulation) and so getting depressed he decided when he got home from work he would get in the Jacuzzi bath, spark a huge oilier ( joint with oil on the paper just in case you didn't know), then preceded to take and swallow a 2-3 x more than normal dose taken correctly...also, please keep in mind he changed his product and went cheap for low grade and made his oil from that. An anxiety attack set in, amplified more by the smoke and concentrate all @ once. The 1st time this happened was a few months ago and experimented with C02 CBD concentrate that was touted 62-3 % and got off his quality concentrate...got upset and his hand rolling got much worst when swallowing and smoking. This time however the affects where stomach, chest jerks that tore some muscle from his chest bone. Please note while he was DOSING correctly (gum method) he was stabilized besides some hand rolling before his 1st episode and after the second episode I could not believe how much Parkinson's Disease advanced. He started using the cannabis concentrate almost a year ago and this is his biggest issue....he never gave anything much of a chance, they would work for a while and then stop. As you know PD is a progressive disease so, what happens when it progresses past what your dosing you feel the changes and the correct thing to do is up you dose a little more until its back in check. He goes opposite, smokes more and digest more and his Parkinson GETS worst. My point is dose correctly, when it advances dose properly to control...not the other way. Every thing can seem fine if swallowing and smoking, but when the changes come the euphoric can have SEVERE results. Parkinson's Disease is treated different than a cancer treatment when if swallowed by mistake while dosing do some planet searching return home all while the THC is still killing cancer cells, start dosing correctly and its all good. Parkinson's Disease can have SEVERE side effects if Euphoric. Just a FYI

Does your friend's Parkinson's get back to where it was before he messed up or does it stay where it progressed when he gets back on track? I did ingest the RSO before finding this site, however, the most I have taken is probably the size of a grain of rice x 3 a day. I'm worried about my Parkinson's progressing faster than it already has. What are the SEVERE side effects if Euphoric for people with Parkinson's?

That is an unknown question right now...because he doesn't stabilize his dosing method, his concentrated oil is always changed, trying incorrect strains for his needs not to mention anxiety of the unknown of what is going to happen. When dosing the correct way he is stabilized, and when not it progresses and seems much worst but the last 2 times instead of dosing more correctly he swallowed and smoked. He is normal besides his hand rolling when he follows a strict regiment, also wake up time and sleep. So the SEVERE side effect I noticed was how much his Parkinson's advanced so rapidly and the intensity.

This time around when he feels different when dosing correctly he will dose a grain of rice more and we will see if it gets back to normal. I'll make sure to inform you.

The biggest problem was finding a Indica x Indica grown full term...seems like an impossible task unless you grow yourself. The OG Fire I just grew was grown full term and when he tried it Sat. the effect for calming was almost immediate (20 min). After a week of a nightmare he is stabilizing again and a true medical MJ is what he needs. I'm totally excited to grow some Afgan Kush full term for the sedating effect. As well as the OG Fire calmed him with sativa/indica, sativa dominate the Indica will even improve him much more...the full couch lock relaxes his muscles (takes away his rigidity).

Strict regiment, not only dosing but also maintaining a strict 24 hr schedule, waking up & going to bed. Hydrate as often as possible and keep your nourishment consistent. Keep in mind dosing 3x a day is a guideline only...you might need more to keep it in check and you can try less (back to when it was under control) after its under control to see for yourself, if not bump the dose back up.

My friend has always lived a non regiment schedule. Working long hours, eating whenever, doing exactly what he wanted...basically run his health down...get sick, re-coup and start the process over again. Bad habits are hard to break ... and he is a stubborn MULE, but, the wife and I love him and his wife, and won't give up...even if he does.

Stop eating the oil .... dose correctly...stick with it for a couple of weeks and watch the difference, it gets better and better. If your taking man made drugs also this is the safest way.

Does your friend's Parkinson's get back to where it was before he messed up or does it stay where it progressed when he gets back on track? I did ingest the RSO before finding this site, however, the most I have taken is probably the size of a grain of rice x 3 a day. I'm worried about my Parkinson's progressing faster than it already has. What are the SEVERE side effects if Euphoric for people with Parkinson's?

Folks,

While there is many topics already discussed in this thread that relate to 'dosing' it is getting out of hand. Meaning that different Illness have different applications, different strains, different dosing times, etc;. What the main concern is someone chiming in reads something for cancer treatment, they have some other illness, follow that treatment and sends them in the opposite direction.

Go to your specific Illness sub-forum, ask your question their and we can keep the Q&A more organized and help prevent someone from making a mistake and while maintaining safety.

TY

Not at all familiar with this site so I don't knnow how to get to a sub-forum. Had a hard enough time finding my way back here to ask my second question. Help please. Thanks.

Not at all familiar with this site so I don't knnow how to get to a sub-forum. Had a hard enough time finding my way back here to ask my second question. Help please. Thanks.

Here you go compadre...no worries, there is a lot of sub-forums :)
Parkinson's Disease

For others..simply right click on Medical Marijuana Scientific Data and all the sub-forums appear in alphabetical order and for the 'tired' eyes is much easier to read.

TY

opps...first one was wrong...sry. This one is correct and make sure you re-fresh your page to see the new posts.

Is it possible for me to get high after taking it for 5 days? I took it this afternoon at work on a cracker (I didn't tack because I figured it wasn't strong). Well it's 3 hours later and all of a sudden I feel very high and a little paranoid because I don't know if something is wrong with me because of the cancer or the oil. Please tell me what you think.

Is it possible for me to get high after taking it for 5 days? I took it this afternoon at work on a cracker (I didn't tack because I figured it wasn't strong). Well it's 3 hours later and all of a sudden I feel very high and a little paranoid because I don't know if something is wrong with me because of the cancer or the oil. Please tell me what you think.

Was this with your new batch or old batch?

Yes ! You have been 'tacking' properly. I explained when dosing properly and just start you don't feel it start to work right away. It has to work in your system. Anxiety can also delay some feelings. Remember FC...patience wins, feeling rushed to kill your cancer (understandable) can lead to careless actions. If you had not been tacking properly you could of been MUCH higher @ work. Your oil isn't top shelf (highest quality) and took longer for you to feel it work. I don't understand why you ate the oil cracker @ work when you told me you didn't want to get high (your supposed to be learning to dose properly, not eating crackers with oil AT WORK) ...think of it as a learning curve and your lucky you have been tacking. I'm keep stressing safety so this wouldn't happen and now you know why. I asked that you tried that experiment at home for safety solely so I could see if your product was any good. DON"T GET HIGH @ WORK, remember...LOL.

Now we move on...I'm glad your feeling some effects. Had a feeling in the lungs and couldn't sleep and found out why you shouldn't digest the concentrated oil. We are moving right along. Are you starting to realize how 'dosing properly' is so safe? Hard to imagine you will be killing cancer, maintain your job and start feeling healthy and not feel much. This is how dosing properly does it thing, behind the scenes...soon you will start feeling healthier and healthier. Rest assured you will be healed.. Just stay focused compadre.

Remember that the sooner you can settle your anxiousness the more you will be able to tell what it will do.

You need to make sure you get an ounce of Indica...you won't be able to get it grown 'full term' and you will be healed waiting for it, so, have your source get an Indica/Indica like Master Kush, Afghan Kush as close to pure as you can get for sleep. This can be used for a 'sleep' aid so you can sleep like a baby and will last throughout your heal or close to it.

I'm excited we are starting to move along...soon you will look back, besides the unknown you faced and hopefully you can help someone else that is just starting to help them move past their fears, be patient, wait for the oil to start its healing. It starts working right away, you just had no idea, until it worked into your system. Plz remember you where lucky your where dosing correctly when you ate that special cracker at work. Can I plz talk to your GF? :)

FC..if you want my help, you need to take a deep breath and read my recommendations to you carefully, over and over until you hear what I'm saying. I know these are very difficult times, plz do not make them worst. If you read what I'm saying correctly you would of never gotten high at work...it could of been worse and that happened driving home from work...its the panic of not knowing what is going to happen PANIC ATTACK. If you focus on getting healthy instead of your cancer killing you you will be healed much sooner, your brain is in the way...again, settle down, take some deep breaths. You won't even have to listen to me in a couple of weeks and you will be on your way for a SAFE & HEALTHY HEAL...and guess what? You will be cancer free.

t/c FC

ps. use this link in the cancer section plz so we can discuss in the proper forum.

* Cancer *

Pick one of the sub-forums click on it and lets carry-on.

Hi Brother.

I do tax work so tax season keeps me away from the board. But I keep this thread as a home page.

I just caught up on the thread since you were kind enough to respond to my inquiry, no matter how measured in import at the moment; I am not terminal.

I have read all your posts in response to brothers and sisters who are ill. I am in awe at your commitment and delivery. You seem to never get tired or distracted.

I am glad to be a part of this thread and to be included in your universe. You are truly a kind person.

Wingnut (not an Irish or Scottish name...just a name I used collectively as me and my family on the net)

Wondered what happened to you wingnut420...missed you Bro.

Completely understand Brother, my Wife does taxes...we need FOOD to live...lol. Glad you chimed in, its refreshing for sure.

Rgr on the not terminal.

TY Sir ... I'm tired... so on it goes

TY you again wingnut, I really appreciate the 'kind' words ... truly is the Wife and I reward.

Lol...same with our family..when the net 1st started 'dial up' we all shared the same 'callsign', its 3 of our family initials. :)

Peace Brother

Hi,

Good to hear back from you brother. Going up north to spend the evening and tomorrow with one of the greats-subcool. Good friend of mine and has a fine genetics company-tga.

He is working on new medicinal hybrids that he will announce when the testing is complete. He is very serious about the medicine. He and his wife do a LOT for kids with autism and folks who need medicine and are in mmj states.

The initial tests have it doing much better than pennywise, harlequin or the cbd crews hybrids. But testing is a cruel process.

I will be back in touch soon.

Peace to you and your wife. Oh, and I feel for her! Taxes suck but they pays the bills.

Wingnut

Back
Top Bottom