Cannabis roots and chemical nutrients

santiago19

Hi there

I have been reading up on some benefits of cannabis roots. Drying it and boiling it in a tea etc.

I would like to try and use the roots, but I have used chemical nutrients for the plants life.

The question is should I/ can I use the roots if I used chemical nutes or should I rather not?

Hiya @santiago19 I'm sure I read someone is making root tea somewhere in here, I did a search though and come up with tea for weed plants not humans!. It's in here though, maybe @SweetSue can point us in the right direction! In the meantime, I found this:

Cannabis Root Tea
Another modern recipe calls for placing powdered cannabis root into a slow cooker for 12 hours, with the option of adding other herbs like anise and cinnamon to the mix. The resulting concoction can be strained and used like regular, but with the medicinal benefits of cannabis roots.

Make Sure Your Root Tea is not Toxic
Alkaloid (pyrrolidine and piperidine) are compounds within the root that are toxic in high levels. These can irritate the lining of your stomach and even be damaging to your liver. For this reason, we do not recommend long term use of cannabis root medicine.

Well that’s an interesting recipe I hadn’t seen before. Good find Pbass. :high-five:

Hi there

I have been reading up on some benefits of cannabis roots. Drying it and boiling it in a tea etc.

I would like to try and use the roots, but I have used chemical nutrients for the plants life.

The question is should I/ can I use the roots if I used chemical nutes or should I rather not?

Well santiago.... I don’t know that I’d be comfortable with ingesting anything made with the roots of the plants we grow with all those nutrients. I’d be more inclined to look for roots from organic soil filled with worms and life without chemicals. We don’t hesitate to suggest you include them into a topical formulation, but again, not a common occurrence, mostly because of the chemicals in the nutrient lines.

I've seen 3 people sicker than crud from root tea. Runs, throwing up, bloated stomachs. One of the three threw up blood.

It's not something I would recommend and there's no high to it.

Back
Top Bottom