CannaButter In 7 Easy Steps!

Just a heads up to all thinking about saving the water for a rainy day....I did, I made some butter a few weeks ago and just yesterday figured out what smelled so bad in my fridge...It almost made me vomit...It had basically turned into a science project that went bad and oh my god it was some sick shit.

i just wanted to know where I can find oil to buy because in the country where I live we dont have 99% alcohol and we don't have good sativa or indica cuz the effect is not the same, there is a low THC and is not pure.
One time I made the oil but it doesn't have the same effect as Rick Simpson Oil, please can anyone tell me where to buy it ?

Thank you so much.

i was totally worried i wouldn't be able to do this but this is such an awesome recipe and tutorial that i KNOW i can do it and i'm gonna do it as soon as i clean my kitchen (today :) i can't wait!! Thanks Hash:thanks:!!!

:popcorn::reading420magazine:

i just wanted to know where I can find oil to buy because in the country where I live we dont have 99% alcohol and we don't have good sativa or indica cuz the effect is not the same, there is a low THC and is not pure.
One time I made the oil but it doesn't have the same effect as Rick Simpson Oil, please can anyone tell me where to buy it ?

Thank you so much.

Many places don't let you buy everclear, and you certainly can't transport it over state lines. 80 proof (40%)works, if you use the 1 month brew method. If you are willing to wait that long (old school), you'll get all the goodies out of your plant material. I use the cheapest vodka I can find, but some people use rum.

Here is an idea some might like to try. When I harvest, I separate into portion size for 1 lb of cannabutter and then vacuum pack and freeze all of the leaf, sugar leaf mostly. Then when I need more butter, I just go to the freezer. Rarely do I add any bud. My bud is for OIL. And a small amount for vaping night doses. I never dry my leaves. My butter is pretty potent, even when the leaf material has been 5 months in the freezer. Buttered toast in the morning and I am toasted all day. :)

WJ
:ciao:

Many places don't let you buy everclear, and you certainly can't transport it over state lines. 80 proof (40%)works, if you use the 1 month brew method. If you are willing to wait that long (old school), you'll get all the goodies out of your plant material. I use the cheapest vodka I can find, but some people use rum.

Oh.. I just realized I really didn't answer your question. LOL! I can't make good oil, either. I think I'm using too high of heat, even on warm, because all I got was hard rings of black-brown rings on my crockpot, and nothing one could call "goo" at the bottom.

Here is an idea some might like to try. When I harvest, I separate into portion size for 1 lb of cannabutter and then vacuum pack and freeze all of the leaf, sugar leaf mostly. Then when I need more butter, I just go to the freezer. Rarely do I add any bud. My bud is for OIL. And a small amount for vaping night doses. I never dry my leaves. My butter is pretty potent, even when the leaf material has been 5 months in the freezer. Buttered toast in the morning and I am toasted all day. :)

WJ

Good tip. Wildjim!

I've made some pretty potent cannabudder using mostly leaves with some sugar leaf trim tossed in. I'm a terrible baker, tho, and my oatmeal-raisin cookies came out all flat and crispy, like they melted in the oven. One cookie put me in a tingly couch lock. Couldn't even raise my head OR my arms off the recliner for HOURS. So they didn't go to waste. I just remembered to eat one before bed after that.

Sorry I feel stupid for asking this but this is my first run at cannabutter. I'm enjoying it so far and think I've done almost everything just about right but was wondering if when you simmer it do you put on a lid or no? Thanks for you guys help and follow my journal really need the help to. First auto grow with Afghan

I use an induction burner to get proper temps. I don't cover the pot I use. I think it will raise the temperature inside the pot. My experience in cooking shows that a simmer turns to a boil when a pot is covered.

Good luck on your first auto grow.

WJ

Aren't you supposed to decarb it first? Can anyone confirm this method works before I get the misses KidGrow to try it? She's always looking for new methods on how to cook MariJuana :) ?

EDIT: Didn't even read the last posts made ^ there lol :/ . Was on the first page and made a "quick reply" after reading the instructions. I do believe this method will be flawed for most new cooks. But I could be wrong, and would like an elaboration please :) :thanks:

Aren't you supposed to decarb it first? Can anyone confirm this method works before I get the misses KidGrow to try it? She's always looking for new methods on how to cook MariJuana :) ?

EDIT: Didn't even read the last posts made ^ there lol :/ . Was on the first page and made a "quick reply" after reading the instructions. I do believe this method will be flawed for most new cooks. But I could be wrong, and would like an elaboration please :) :thanks:

You definitely don't need to decarb. I've used this recipe quite a few times over the years (Thanks Hash wherever you are). The thing was posted in 2005 and is still a sticky :adore:
It makes some pretty potent butter too. Even though it's a flexible recipe you should probably follow it as closely as possible. I've made it with more and less weed, for more or less time, with t-shirts when I don't have cheesecloths and in different kitchens. I've had better or worse results, but never bad.
The keys are:
1. Use the biggest pot you can so that the butter and weed are as spread out as possible while simmering.
2. Use rubber gloves so you can squeeze every last drop out and not cover yourself in delicious butter.
3. Keep your temps low, be patient and don't forget to stir ocasionally.
4. Some friends and nice nugs turn a chore into a party.

Back
Top Bottom