Can't Figure Out What This Is

delebit

So I came across this bug while checking on my outdoor clone and can't figure out what it is. I've looked through marijuana diagnosis forums, pest forums, etc. and haven't been able to figure it out. This is my first grow so any help would be much appreciated.
photo_2edited.jpg
photo_1edited.jpg

It would be helpful if you could get a closer picture of the bug. I really can't see him too well, and it's dark around him, so it's difficult to see much detail.

From the size/silhouette, I'd guess maybe an earwig? But that's about all I can come up with, without more detailed pictures.

Here's a closer picture. Unfortunately this is the best I can do as my iphone has a hard time focusing in on it. Also I don't believe it's an earwig as it can fly but just seems to sit there all day.
securedownload.png

Is there anything you'd recommend for preventing them? Every time I swat at it or anything it just flies to another branch. Plus this is an outdoor grow so there's not much stopping any others from coming. Thanks by the way!

So fast forward a little over a week, I ended up using neem oil because it was more accessible in my area, and sprayed the plant twice over the last week or so on both the tops and bottoms of the leaves and this guy joined the party.
securedownload1.png

So I'm thinking it's not a moth. The little one is the same type of bug as the other one, only it can only jump. Maybe I thought the bigger one could fly but it was actually jumping around I'm not sure, but I know this little guy is only jumping. He's got red eyes if that helps. I also have seen holes in some of my leaves so I really gotta get rid of these guys soon.

Here's another one I found, bigger than the first one I posted actually.

photo_1522.JPG

I'm also thinking my plant is starting to flower(this is my first grow) It's outdoors so I haven't done anything to cause it to flower. Here's a picture of what I believe to be Pistils(the brownish hairs on top)

photo_2452.JPG

So I guess I need to use something safe for the flowering stage if that's the case.

This is the best I could do:
photo_2_1_40.JPG

photo_1_1_43.JPG

So lets say they are leafhoppers, is SNS okay to use during flowering, or should I use something else?

Also I noticed that on some leaves there's water, even though I haven't watered it recently, and that there's some white spots on some of leaves, and that another leaf has a hole in it. On camera the white looks kinda like mold to me, but in person it doesn't. What do you guys think?

photo_2_2_36.JPG

photo_1_2_38.JPG

I found a weird kind of leafhopper that appears to make a chrysalis the size and appearance of a mouse's turd hanging off a petiole. Doesn't seem to be harming the plants.

You've definitely got powdery mildew on your leaves, make sure plant is getting loads of air circulation, if possible bring it in if at 0 degrees longitude and around 51 to 59 degrees latitude, once you see the mildew it's been in the plant weeks, keep humidity down and air movement up. Don't know about the insects, as Ive just found what I think are thrips on my mother plants , so I came seeking advice to
seriously don't let mildew get worse , keep me posted and best of luck.

Yeah they ended up being leafhoppers, and I noticed when they would feed off the plants liquid would sort of spray from them which I think caused what looks to be mold. Either way I ended up taking it indoors and got the leafhoppers taken care of. I started flowering it and had a ton of problems. Once it was almost ready for harvest I got spider mites, which I had a hard time getting rid of during flowering, but they luckily were only on a couple of my branches. I ended up chopping it down a week or two early to try and salvage whatever I could. Smoked some of it during curing and it was awesome, but ended up messing up the curing process despite all my research and got mold. I'm pretty glad my first grow put my through a bunch of crap though, learned a ton about what not to do, keeping my grow area clean, etc. Gonna be growing some indoor northern lights auto soon hopefully so it should go a lot smoother now that I've learned so much. You live and learn :p

Back
Top Bottom