Can't figure out what's wrong

psychoman671

Hi all... Been a lurker on these forums for a while now and finally started my first grow. Growing HSO blue dream. It is currently on day 50 of flower and has really yellowed out. Thought it was a nitro deficiency and added nutes but has not improved. Or is this a normal fade? It's growing under a 300w mars hydro.
Thanks for the help guys! Love this site and I'm happy to be a part of this community!
image23359.jpg

Hey big guy! Beautiful looking girl you have there! I can tell you've put some effort into her and it shows!

As for your fading, I don't think it's much to worry about. It's common for the plant to yellow out as you progress to the final stages of flower. The plant is sending the energy and nutrients available in the leaves and "translocates" those nutrients and energy to the flower for maximum yield and potency. So you're right on track!

As for the Nutes that you have been adding. As you finish up in the last couple weeks. Don't add anymore nutes. You want to begin flushing your plant with 5-7 gallons of water once a week to start removing the extra Nutes. You don't want nutrient dence bud in your pipe. It'll smoke like shit and taste even worse.

If you have any questions Holmes, feel free to give a shout out! Doesn't look like you need much assistance at all. You've got this!

Peace, love and prosperity my friend!

Thanks for the quick reply pigeons420! I appreciate the feedback on my girl. Im glad it's nothing serious, just worried cause it's getting close to harvest. Gonna go one more week with high phosphor feeding, then start my flush and finish with just molasses and water towards the end.

Hello mate good to have you here :welcome:
Im pretty new to this site too & trust you won't be disappointed :) I think this could be an iron deficiency which can occur from time to time in all growing medium. Are the bottom leaves the same? This usually occurs through salt build up, causing nutrient lock out hence feeding hasn't changed any thing. I would try flushing with just plain phd water, hopefully you'll see some improvements in a week or so. Hope this is helpful

It's mainly on the upper part of the plant...I guess I should just start my flush now...what would u recommend I do after the flush?

Just give it a good flush :) I wouldn't feed anything else maybe some mollases if your like as it is all natural & perfect for adding more flavour.
Apart from that enjoy the fruits of your labour :Namaste:

Just give it a good flush :) I wouldn't feed anything else maybe some mollases if your like as it is all natural & perfect for adding more flavour.
Apart from that enjoy the fruits of your labour :Namaste:

Do u mean flush with molasses or flush first then just feed water w molasses?

I would give it just water first for a flush then start with mollases. The leaves won't recover but don't worry your going to take them off anyway :)

Will it help the buds griw towards the end with just 1 tbs molasses per gal for last week?

Yes mate thats exactly right.The buds will fatten up because the mollases is a carbohydrate and feeds the microorganisms in your soil they then make any nutrients available to your plant. Mollases also contains all macro and micro nutrients but in smaller amounts so it's a great additive throughout the whole cycle :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom