Ceramic Metal Halide Bulbs- on sale and going out of stock

norman

I was looking for CMHs for my next use... having used my last for most of a year, i thought it best to get new. Yes, I have an old magnetic 400 W HPS ballast, and these bulbs are GREAT.

To my dismay I saw that the much loved Retro-White from Philips is being discontinued.

Yet they are still available- and WAY CHEAPER than before. So if you want 'em, get 'em from Advanced Tech Lighting. No idea if they are still sponsors 'round here, but they were, so I figure they deserve continued support.

they say:

"It is with a heavy Heart that I pass this information on to you.

The CDM400S51/HOR/4K/ALTO, CDM400S51/v/4K/ALTO, CDM250S50/HOR/4K/ALTO AND CDM250S50/V/4K/ALTO
Have been Delisted By Philips, AKA Discontinued.
There where enough parts in Philips Stock to make 25,000 CDM400S51 and 6,000 CDM250S50 Series Lamps as of a few months ago.
(vertical and horizontal both use the same arc tube in there respected wattages with a difference in the Fill in the arc tube.
Philips was Out of stock and just did a production Run. (March 01 2013) (update July 2013 there has been another production run but that does not change the fact they are delisted discontinued they will run out of parts and that will be it.

The reason from their side is purely commercial market, IE they sell this as a commercial lamp and not as a horticulture/aquarium/commercial Lamp.
The Replacement Lamp is the Philips MasterColor ® CDM Elite MW 315 Watt T12 (Clear) Protected Lamp in either 3,000K 4,000K and AGRO.

We will continue to sell the HPS RETRO WHITES until there is no more, and we won't jack the price up.

We Will NEVER sell a lamp just to make a sale."

Me... I bought four.

I'm bummed about the CMH getting discontinued as well. These bulbs rock for horticulture and have a excellent output for flowering and veg. I bought 4 of them.

Back
Top Bottom