Chachie's Soil Blueberry Grow Journal 2015

Chachie09

Hey all! This will be my first true indoor grow. I started with a plant in a space bucket a couple years ago, and I have 1 outdoor plant every summer. So I wouldn't say that I'm new to this, but definitely not an expert and am willing to accept all criticism. I currently have an Apollo 2x4x5 tent with a 6" Vortex S-line connected to a 550CFM Phresh filter. Now on to the grow stats!

Bucket Size - 3 Gallon
Medium - North County Bounty SoCo Blend
Lights - (2) 300w (170-180 actual) Mars Hydro LED
Nutrients - Fox Farms Trio, plus Open Sesamie, Beastie Bloomz, and Cha-Ching
Strain(s) - 2 DJ Short Blueberry(R), 1 Pyramid White Widow Auto(F)
# of Plants: 3

Started germing on 6/22, one BB and the WW Auto popped quick, but one BB is lagging behind a bit and has not popped yet. All three have been moved into Rapid Rooters and put under a single 300w led. The BB and WW have sprouted but I am still waiting on the last BB. I think I'll give it about another week and then it'll be replaced with a clone. Looking forward to the wealth of knowledge that this board has to offer throughout my grow!

Hello Chachie, welcome to :420: this is by far the friendliest and most informative cannabis community!
Thank you for sharing your journal with us. I will be around if you need any help.
BlueBerry and White widow souns like a killer combo. Lets see how it turns!
Regards

Good morning all! Update from last night, one BB and the WW have sprouted and are standing tall! WW was moved to her own 2gal smart pot last night. Phresh filter arrived yesterday and was installed, so I am 100% ready to go.

Now on to my new issue, heat. My garage hovers around 80-90 all day right now and I have the lights running at night, but it seems the 24/7 temp is about 86~. Currently my lights come on at 1600 and shut off at 0700. I have one side and the back rectangle vents open. I'm currently running my fan at about 75%. Would putting a couple frozen gallon jugs of water in front of the intakes help with that? Or am I ok on temps? They look happy now, but they also just sprouted. OH, also have 2 6" fans inside, 1 oscillating and 1 fixed, circulating air.

Hey Chachie, good to hear the seeds have sprouted. Im not sure the frozen jugs of water would help.
Here are a couple links you may wish to check

A comprehensive compilation of information for growing; there is a great entry on humidity and temperatures!

How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Also, pictures will help your journal get more comments; people like commenting on pictures! This may help you getting started:

Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Hope everything goes well!

:420:

6/29 update, about a week and a day in (tracking the days, just dont have my ipad close, lol). Only one blueberry popped, but given the condition of the second seed i used, i didnt have high hopes for it. However, it may turn out that works out for the best because now i will have a light for each plant.

Solved my heat issue. I has the least optimal positioning of my filter and fan.....on the floor, directly across from the intake. So fresh cold air was coming into the tent, going under the plants, and into the filter. Very simple remedy actually. I put the entire assembly (filter and fan) inside a 48" tall 12" wide concrete form tube ($12 at lowes). That causes it to pull air from the top 12" of the tent into the tube and down to the filter. Temps are now not going over 81* and even that was only for an hour in the peak of the day. lights on temps are 74-76!

On to the pics!!

Lil Blueberry
IMG_040531.JPG

Lil White widow
IMG_040733.JPG

The Tent
IMG_040131.JPG

Cooling solution
IMG_041033.JPG

Currently only under one light together
IMG_041229.JPG

Went through all my stuff and came up with this...guess im good for a while.
IMG_040028.JPG

This shows the tube a little better
IMG_040233.JPG

I am having some minor(well, i think they are minor at least) heat issues with the heatwave that has moved into the area the last week or so. I have my lights running from 1800-1000, but the day time temps have kept the tent between 80-86 with lights off. Tent is in my non insulated, 2-car garage. When i leave for work in the am, i have been checking and temps are around 72-73. My question is this, can i just put my fan on the timer with the lights? That way the fan stops circulating air when lights go off and temps start to rise? I also have 2 6" fans, one oscillating and one fixed, that are on 24/7 in the tent circulating air internally. Will this cause any issues? My plants are all of a week into veg and not showing any signs of stress, should i just not worry about it and revisit if it is still an issue when i am ready to flip?

I put the fan on the timer for today and reset my thermometer so we will see how it goes today, supposed to be about 89 outside. Im hoping that the fan cutting off will trap cool air in the tent for the day.

Good morning, and happy 4th of July to all! things are coming along nicely, both plants have taken to their new homes very well and are taking off fast. The blueberry is going a little too fast for my liking as it is a regular seed and i have heard that males are faster growers. My heat issues are no more, currently hitting a max of 81. Got their first shot of nutes about a week ago and will be getting their next probably tomorrow.
Blueberry
IMG_044428.JPG

White Widow Auto
IMG_044724.JPG

IMG_044827.JPG

IMG_044921.JPG

7/13 update: Topped the Blueberry last night. Stuck the clone in a root riot, after dipping it in some organic honey, and gave it a light does of big bloom and boomerang to help it along. The auto is responding very well to being bent over and is going to be very bushy for sure. Blueberry showed signs of growth overnight after topping.

IMG_047128.JPG
IMG_047232.JPG
IMG_047333.JPG
IMG_047432.JPG
IMG_047530.JPG
IMG_047626.JPG

Good morning all! 20V update!
**DJ Short Blueberry** (regular, will be happy if it goes either way, blueberry pollen is an amazing thing to have around.)

Medium: FFOF + 30% perlite in 3gal smartpot

image28632.jpg

**Pyramid White Widow Auto**

Medium: North Co. Bounty - SoCo Blend in 2gal smartpot (I will not be using this soil again. It seems to pack way too tight for my liking.)

image28631.jpg

Both plants seem to be doing very well. They got their third feeding yeaterday (6tsb Big Bloom, 2tsp Grow Big, 2tsp Boomerang). The auto seems to be progressing pretty slowly compared to the blueberry. The soil it is in is much more dense than that of the blueberry, so im thinking that has something to do with it, and will not be using it again. But in the end, the auto seed was a freebie so im not worried about yeild, just playing around. The blueberry got her(hopefully, fingers crossed, i have her top under 12/12 now) first top a few days ago and will be ready for the next in the next couple days here. The plan is to mainline her to 8 tops, give a week or so to recover and then flip. I made a nice little cage for the mainline that you can see secured to the soil.

Good morning, quick update. Started LST on Blueberry last night, continued on the Widow(shes going to be a bush and a half). I have a bad BAD feeling that the Blueberry will go male. But no stress, i have plenty of fem seeds waiting. Not to mention, any grow, regardless of male or female, is experience and knowledge,

Blueberry

Photo_Jul_17_20_49_38.jpg
Photo_Jul_17_20_50_09.jpg
Photo_Jul_17_20_49_44.jpg

White Widow

Photo_Jul_17_20_50_00.jpg
Photo_Jul_17_20_50_19.jpg
Photo_Jul_17_20_49_50.jpg

Photo_Jul_17_20_49_22.jpg
Photo_Jul_17_20_50_35.jpg

Well the blueberry went male, my feeling was correct. So I've germinated a Chocolate Mint OG from HSO, it's a GDPxOGK. It should be pretty interesting. I'll have pics of the white widow auto tonight. She's feminized so I'm not worried about her, but she's bushy as all hell.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Good morning all from the long lost grow!!! Going to be honest here, I got pretty disappointed and discouraged when the BB went male. 40 days of pampering and training for ball sacks. But i have more seeds and life goes on.

My white widow, however, is rounding the corner to the finish line! Id bet she has about a week and a half or two left to go. Had a PH issue about mid flower that slowed her up a bit, but luckily caught it in time and corrected. I tried backbuilding a couple of buds, but i think i snipped them a little too late as i did not see all that much more growth, but maybe the results will come with the weight. And as i type this, i just looked and she is actually at day 72 total, so im betting on a week or less before harvest. My USB microscope arrived yesterday, so ill be snapping some pics with that tonight.

In place of the BB, I have started a Chocolate Mint OG by HSO. Ill start a new grow log to showcase her and her new tent mate that will be Dedoverde Haze Auto by HSO. Stay tuned for that thread in the next week or two after drying has completed.

IMG_076932.JPG
IMG_076325.JPG
IMG_076430.JPG
IMG_076727.JPG
IMG_076621.JPG

Back
Top Bottom