HPS - LED - CFL- AIS - Air Injection System - BB - WW - C99

Re: HPS - LED - CFL- AIS (Air Injection System) - BB - WW - C99

My BB's have hardly any smell at all, that is what has me concerned.
okay BB's dont have huge smell till they are cured and when the moisture level goes under 45% is when they will start to smell and the lower in moisture the more smell. Shit when i sample buds at diff points they dont have a smell but the taste gets better and better. i have a few that are totally done that have a good smell. This part is the hardest and be patient. dont rush them. do you have canning jars? i would suggest getting 6 1/2 gallon and 9 16 oz ones. for diff size buds. as they continue to shrink you jars will be cut in half. even at 65% humidity to 45% is huge. so keep them above 55% as long as you can.

okay BB's dont have huge smell till they are cured and when the moisture level goes under 45% is when they will start to smell and the lower in moisture the more smell. Shit when i sample buds at diff points they dont have a smell but the taste gets better and better. i have a few that are totally done that have a good smell. This part is the hardest and be patient. dont rush them. do you have canning jars? i would suggest getting 6 1/2 gallon and 9 16 oz ones. for diff size buds. as they continue to shrink you jars will be cut in half. even at 65% humidity to 45% is huge. so keep them above 55% as long as you can.
I have about 20 of the quart sizes, but that may not be enough, I will try to find the larger size for my big buds. I hope they start to smell more, it a sure sign of quality. They have been drying now for 5 days, and the stems are still soft. I turn them three times a day and leave them open once a day for about a 1/2 hour. I expect that the stems may be dry in four or five days. If the only think I can do to improve them is wait, that's what I will do. How do you measure your humidity in the bud, I could put a gauge in a bag I suppose.

i have 1/2 gallon jars and i trimmed off extra plastic on my temp/rh gauge that i paid like $4 for its not a dig its old school and i put bud and that in the jar vacuum seal it and wait 45 min then check it. even when you think its dry it isnt the stems is the true test. It could take you 5 weeks to get the smell back. that is why i am gonna make a cabinet.

What's DC....

I put the hot water in yesterday morning so that means tomorrow morning I'll chop and dry for another couple of days.

Question??? How do I know the roots are dead? Hot water added just once doesn't seem like its enough but I don't know.

And what are the signs of mold? I keep my RH between 40-50% in my drying box. And I was constantly smelling the buds when I turned them for any unusual smells.

What's DC....

I put the hot water in yesterday morning so that means tomorrow morning I'll chop and dry for another couple of days.

Question??? How do I know the roots are dead? Hot water added just once doesn't seem like its enough but I don't know.

And what are the signs of mold? I keep my RH between 40-50% in my drying box. And I was constantly smelling the buds when I turned them for any unusual smells.
Its supposed to be boiling super hot water.

Hey TH here is a copy i found on how to do it right. enjoy and save it and follow it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
The 3 step process

For those who are unfamiliar with the benefits of drying or curing your marijuana plants, it is considered a three-step process. It will taste better when dried and cured, and will help you not damage your lungs. Drying can take up to two weeks, and curing can take 14-60 days, depending on the variety. Drying time is dependent on variety, weather in the drying location and where you put your plants to dry. Desert locations will dry marijuana plants faster than tropical locations. After you harvest your marijuana plants, step one is to dry them. You will want to dry your marijuana plants upside down, allowing the fan leaves to cover your marijuana buds. You will want to place them in a dark and cool location that is not humid and has plenty of ventilation. You will want to check your buds daily so you can spot signs of mildew or mold immediately, allowing you to correct any problems right away. Once the fan leaves break off crisply, it is time to trim off those fan leaves. This part can also be done before you dry your marijuana buds as cutting them after they are dry is much more difficult.

We recommend that you cut those fan leaves off prior to drying your marijuana leaves to simplify the process. The goal with drying is to dry evenly and slowly. Drying too quickly will cause your marijuana buds to smell like hay or pine needles, or can give them a bad taste. You do not want to dry too slowly, either, because they will be more susceptible to mildew or mold attacks. You will need a fan in the drying room to ensure your plants get adequate air circulation. After those fan leaves get trimmed up, your marijuana buds will have to be hung upside down again to allow the buds to completely dry out. They will again need a cool, breezy and dry location to finish drying to a crisp point. Once the leaves and buds are crisp, you want to remove them from the stems and get rid of the unnecessary leaf materials. This is known as a "manicure" for your marijuana buds. This is still easier to have done prior to the drying process, so we still recommend it. You will likely notice your marijuana buds being slightly moist, both on the outside and the inside. Some varieties are able to be smoked now, but you will get a better taste and smell if you follow these additional two processes.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bagging your marijuana buds

After your moist marijuana buds have been trimmed, you will want to use a paper bag to try them a bit more. We recommend using grocery store paper bags because they have not been bleached and you don't want something you plan to smoke having bleach in it. This step can be a little tricky. First you want to place your trimmed marijuana buds about 3-4" (7.5-10 cm) deep into a paper bag, loosely. You will want to leave the bag open to still prevent mildew and mold. Check your buds daily and rotate the buds around so your marijuana buds can dry evenly. Turning the buds now and again or shaking the bag gently will accomplish this task. You will notice that as your buds dry, they naturally shrink down into a state that preserves the buds best. Once this happens, the bag can be closed and the buds will naturally compact down. This should leave you with buds that can be smoked, even if there is still a little moisture within the center of the buds. Remember that your climate and environment will potentially change the timing of this step, and only regular checking can prevent any type of damage to your beautiful crop of marijuana buds.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Curing your marijuana buds

Your final step is creating the best flavor and smoke you can from your crop of marijuana buds. You will want to use either an air-tight container, like a jar, or something that will protect your crop from air and light. You will want to loosely place your marijuana buds that are totally dry inside the jar. You do not want them compacted down. For the first week to ten days, you will want to open the jar, remove and replace your marijuana buds, and exchange the air daily. This ensures they finish drying evenly and would let you spot a mildew or mold problem immediately. After this time period, you will still want to still open the jars daily for a while to look for mildew and mold. If you happen to notice some, you should remove the affected buds and place the rest back into the paper bag for a couple days before attempting the jar-step again. The longer you check them daily (up to two months), the more flavor characteristics you will impart on your marijuana buds, and the better the results will be. You will know your marijuana buds are totally dry once the stem in the center of each bud can snap easily with just your fingers. The more you practice this, the easier it will be for you to tell. Once it is completely dry, the marijuana buds can be sealed and stored for quite a long time. You will find many different opinions on how to dry and cure your buds, but this is the best method we have ever found and it has not failed us.

yes now you see the 60 day and it takes time. they have the mini rh meters that fit in jars easy on ebay or where ever you shop. then you can cure as long as you want. i keep a jar with 5 nugs that is totally finished when it gets down i pull another from the curing jars. they seem to help each other get the smell back allot better. that is how i am doing it. that 3 step is close it only needs the Boiling water method added.

yes when it hits full boil turn it off you should then add it 1 cup at a time even coverage if you have 1 gallon pot use 1 gallon of boiling water. its that simple.

Yep, full boil...then a cup at a time till res was full. Will cut and hang tomorrow.

Roots are still white???

Yep, full boil...then a cup at a time till res was full. Will cut and hang tomorrow.

Roots are still white???

both of mine was brown but they are in soil also and i have lava rocks so who knows. let me know if yours is white. I am trimming the dead fan leaves and my right arm is so fing sticky. i stopped i dont want to keep brushing into the buds. This C99 is so fing stinky and sticky man i think i have a perfect one going. i just need her to fatten up. I keep smelling my arm lol. even my fingers are good and smelly still. so my keyboard must also.

. I keep smelling my arm lol. even my fingers are good and smelly still. so my keyboard must also.
TMI man, that is fantastic, it is what I'm looking for in every grow. I made some brownies tonight and plan to eat some tomorrow. I made cannabutter with a 1/2 oz of bud in 1/2 pound of butter. Almost half that in my brownies so they should be good. I have an 8x8 pan full of Dark Chocolate Brownies, how much do you think I should start with. I smoke a lot but don't eat edibles that much.

as promised here is some update pics and a sunset where i live.
I live in a tourist town. our lake is 3miles by 7 miles.
IMG_20140530_201009.jpg

here is my c99 super frosty
IMG_20140601_083341.jpg

IMG_20140601_083420.jpg

IMG_20140601_083406.jpg

IMG_20140601_083347.jpg

ty now there is 50-60 of those tops on the C99. she is gonna break a lb easy im sure. that would be 7.4 grams per branch and i am sure i will hit 10 grams per branch and would love to hit 14 grams per branch and yield 2 lbs. the last 2-3 weeks will tell. i have to empty my res 1 more time next weekend. I cant wait till i can take a vacation. lol. I just planted my tomatoes outside and not gonna have a huge outdoor garden like the years in the past. I got my fill of messing with plants. This summer is just training 7 C99 mothers so when i fire up the big lights they will be trees.

Some damn fine stonking big buds, great job! Oh and if you want an easy way to bulk them up a touch more with hardly any work, check my bud backbuilding tech. There's a link to a quick guide in my sig. It has plenty of input from others showing how well it works! :)

that is so funny, i did that with my finger nails on my BB that ended up at 10.5 oz. Its called Tipping. I will do it to my C99 and see. I did it on the BB cause it was still trying to grow up. vn i will read that thread.

Back
Top Bottom