Chem youngsters looking droopy - please help

dankfuelftc1877

420 Member
Anyone have experience growing chemdog?? Having a hell of a time with these fussy girls.. @5wks (from seed) & can't seem to dial in humidity/temps to make em happy. Currently running 78f/50% for day and 65f/60% @ night. Girls were happy for first 3-4 wks then I introduced a fogger to take RH to 75% (from 40%) and dropped my 3 t5 tubes to create 18k lux (came from 12-15k lux) and all fell apart. They started drooping so I pulled back humidity to 50rh and no change. Pulled lights up 3" and went from 3 to 2 bulbs (removed 1) going back to 12k lux and still not happy. Gave 24 hrs of dark and they were all standing up. Went back to easy lighting 10-12k lux and been playing with different humidities and cannot get them to stand up again. I know I've been throwing them all over the place with these changes and maybe just need to give them time to stabilize? Any help is much appreciated!

20221208_215735.jpg

20221208_215707.jpg

I would think the lift or droop of your foliage is connected to watering habits more so than enviro such as temp & rh.

what’s in the bucket? soil coco etc?
did you modify the grow media? with what?
how much water do you give in one session?
how long do you wait before adding more water?
what are you feeding them?

Suspect they are rootbound… those plants have outgrown their solo cups and need more room. Were you planning to transplant those soon?

Also theres no need to log more than 1 FAQ question for the same plant problem, we will let it slide since you are new but if it happens again we will send spider mites and bad hermie vibes your way…
just kidding :rofl::laugh:

welcome to 420 Magazine!!!

I have experience with Chemdog, I would have to agree however with the previous poster, watering habits, and the fact they are most likely rootbound, Chem dog is a finicky plant, old school gems usually are. She prefers lighter feedings, (low Ec) and about 2/3 the ppfd of normal imo some phenos can be pushed but the highly variegated ones from experience tend to like things dialed back. I’d uppot to 1-2 g until right before flip then go to 3-4 depending on previous choice. (I like to give 2 gallons of free space for the long haul.

I would think the lift or droop of your foliage is connected to watering habits more so than enviro such as temp & rh.

what’s in the bucket? soil coco etc?
did you modify the grow media? with what?
how much water do you give in one session?
how long do you wait before adding more water?
what are you feeding them?

Suspect they are rootbound… those plants have outgrown their solo cups and need more room. Were you planning to transplant those soon?

Also theres no need to log more than 1 FAQ question for the same plant problem, we will let it slide since you are new but if it happens again we will send spider mites and bad hermie vibes your way…
just kidding :rofl::laugh:

welcome to 420 Magazine!!!
That's awesome and I appreciate the feedback haha!! They were grown in root riots and were transport into solo's around 2½wks old. They are now 5 wks old so have been in solo cups for roughly 2½ weeks. Used FoxFarm happy frog w/30% perlite.

I weigh ea plant on a gram scale to determine how dry they are. When almost completely dry they weigh 165-175g's. I spray soil w/pump sprayer to about 75% soil saturation (260 g's). Full drench with 10% runoff and they weigh about 320 g's (just the plant without runoff). They drink about 20-30 g's a day so get a spray feeding about every 3 days. Feeding them 400 PPM/6.5 ph (6ml big bloom, .5ml floralicious plus, 2ml cal mag and 1.1 ml roots excel.. all per gal measurements) Nutes are about 30% of recommended strength except Roots Excel which is full strength. Staggered my waterings to see if it was a watering issue but that didn't change anything. They are either all happy or all droopy, regardless of whether they're on the wet side or dry side.

Read that chem is one of the hardest trains to manage because it is so temperamental with its environment. I can view the roots thru the clear cups and the root development from what I see is only about 15-25% of the overall soil mass on the surface so they're nowhere near rootbound. Watered 6 of the 14 yesterday morning (4am to 10 pm light cycle) and let the rest go without watering to see if it was a watering issue. Checked them around 4:30 this morning and the plants that got watered yesterday were standing up while the other ones looked like they needed water and were still droopy. Was trying a bunch of different RHs before and think they didn't like it. Lastly, brought my temps down a little to 75 for day and 65 for dark. I'll know more tonight appreciate your feedback!

Happy growing brotha!!

Back
Top Bottom