Clever sexing technique or just an accident?

H20gro

Maybe this is a thing and ive just never heard of it before, but hypothetically, if one were to cover a branch on a vegging cannabis plant so that it were dark for a few days would that branch begin bloom?

i suppose itd be similar to putting a clone directly into 12/12....

i have a bushy gelato cale ive felt confident is a girl. Apparently last weekend while changing res and replacing basket in dwc, i pinched off a small top and it was under the lid but secured between lid and bucket. When i found it today, it was clearly a nice small bud... sex confirmed.
Maybe im just easliy amused but that was convenient.

image.jpg

image.jpg

heard of guys bagging a branch for half the day cycle on bigger plants to do the same thing. never seen it done and kinda thought it might be myth.

you're gonna have bud congrats ! :)

sounds great and if you can get that branch to take root as a clone it will be monster cropped.....

Right?? I wonder if you could almost do it like strawberry runners... Pinch a branch down against some soil and cover it till it flowers... Then once it roots down, cut it off the parent and re-veg!

Now you've got ME plotting new experiments... Haha!

Right?? I wonder if you could almost do it like strawberry runners... Pinch a branch down against some soil and cover it till it flowers... Then once it roots down, cut it off the parent and re-veg!

Now you've got ME plotting new experiments... Haha!

branches that touch the ground will root in with a little encouragement.

Back
Top Bottom