Clone lighting type & size

Curiousnoob

Hello peoples, I was wondering if someone could advise me on what type of light I could use to keep a clone alive, but stop it from growing any further. Reason being I'm not quite ready for it and my other 3 clones are way behind and need sometime to catch up. They have just started rooting, I think. It has been out side since being potted.
20181217_164627.jpg

It is about 8 inches in height. (Only one that survived from my first cloning attempt).
20181217_174609.jpg

Hopefully 3, more likely 2 from my second attempt.

Thanks @Alienpus trying to find something in the middle, enough to sustain without feeding it to much light. It's either that or turn her into a mother plant, which I don't have enough space/time for unfortunately.
Thanks @DV-travis, can I ask what benefits the solo cup has? To keep the roots confined? Also is hempy perlite? Ok great. Thanks for the recommendation, will get a 150w cfl this afternoon.

Yes I do hempy with 100% perlite and the 150w CFL seems to work great for seedling and cloning and to keep them from streching to much till they are up potted to 2lt hempy. Keeping them in solo cups for a bit just helps on floor space.
20181202_184816.jpg
20181210_151956.jpg

Here is a good answer

What is a Hempy bucket

It is a simple bucket with a hole on its side, filled with perlite and coco soil. It functions as passive hydro setup, by retaining water at the bottom 5cm / 2 inch section containing pure perlite. Perlite is a lightweight volcanic glass with excellent water draining qualities, often used to improve soil water drainage. We are essentially tricking our plant into thinking it hit the jackpot and found a natural water pocket at the bottom of the hempy bucket. Make sure to have a non-transparent bucket, as light would induce algae growth in the water, leading to root rotThanks to the extra water storage, hempy buckets need less frequent waterings. During watering go for 20-30% overrun through the drain hole, to ensure water in the perlite reservoir is replaced.

There are diffrent styles? For example, I'm useing 2 liter plastic soda bottles. Others go bigger. I also use 100% perlite. Other use verm/coco. I'm new at this so there is a learning curve.

Back
Top Bottom