Clones with white powder

greenleafpharm

hey all, so i got some clones from this guy. i had a bad feeling from before i even picked them up and knew i shouldn't of got them but i did. well, he said the clones are only a couple weeks old.
Okay so on the leafs i see a little bit of white powder stuff. i can brush it off with my thumb. but sometimes a few specs stay on the leaf even after i wipe it off. is it correct to assume this is powdery mildew?

Zap us a pic would you @greenleafpharm ? It would be helpful for us newbers to see what you are talking about for our grey matter filing cabinets! I seen some white "bleach" looking spots on my girls before...the first go around I chopped them off, don't think I've seen any this time.

Zap us a pic would you @greenleafpharm ? It would be helpful for us newbers to see what you are talking about for our grey matter filing cabinets! I seen some white "bleach" looking spots on my girls before...the first go around I chopped them off, don't think I've seen any this time.
thanks for the reply. i will try to take a pic and upload it later today. not the best with computers

Sounds like powdery mildew. Give it a spray of neem/dishsoap mix, and see if it goes away. Spray tops and bottoms of leaves, and do not spray under bright light. You can use neem on a regular basis for maintenance against critters and mildew. I spray any new plant that comes to me, and any plant I give away.

It does indeed sound like powdery mildew. If you're bringing in outside clones, it's highly recommended that you quarantine them for a couple weeks in case they have any issues like PM or spider mites etc.

Back
Top Bottom