Clones

cearp

How do I clone without cloniing gell or powder

I have done it without any by just cutting the clone and putting it into root riot cubes and rockwool...I had no problem at all so just do it exactly like that...Oh, I did scrape the end of the cutting about an inch or so....It showed roots in 9 days from the cutting....Good luck...Hope that helped a little...

Did you submerge the rockwell in water or run a water pump to it? I was thinking about just sticking them in stirophome and flotting on water with part of end submerged

Help! Clones in glass of water. Need to know best way to get them to root without gell or powder.

Glass of water? Stick it on a window sill that gets light but not extreme sun. Change the water occasionally. When roots are an inch or so long, plant the cuttings.

Can help speed things up by sticking an airstone in the bottom of the glass.

Or stick each cutting in a small cup of perlite/vermiculite mix (the vermiculite will help hold water), poke some small holes in the bottom of the cup, water well but not soggy and keep it fairly damp for about ten days. Pat the mix down around the cutting so there is no air pocket around the stem. Keep light reasonably mild but give up to 20 hours/day. Cover them if you want but it's not really necessary and might increase the chance of mold. Could also use soil but I would go with either a 50:50 perlite/vermiculite or 33:trance:33 perlite/vermiculite/soil mix.

It's really not at all difficult. People have been rooting cuttings since they stopped following the animals around and built permanent settlements, lol.

There are LOTS of threads here on cloning. Suggest you use the site's search function (click on the FORUMS link on the top left of any page).

I ended up taking a fishtank and filling 5 inchs deep with water. I put a fish tank heater in it. I then took the bottom part from an egg carton andstem would go through and hold tight and bottom of . cutting would be submerged. I also put a air stone in it hooked up to a fish tank pump and covered the top of fish tank with plastic wrap. So basically a water filled humidity dome. I then placed in my "clone box" which is entertainment center with internal cfl lighting that is insulated and foil wraped with a back and front swinging cabinet door. Also have music set up for clones

I have done it without any by just cutting the clone and putting it into root riot cubes and rockwool...I had no problem at all so just do it exactly like that...Oh, I did scrape the end of the cutting about an inch or so....It showed roots in 9 days from the cutting....Good luck...Hope that helped a little...

were these from your own mother or from someone local?

I'm a newbie waiting on seeds from one of the sponsors.

Back
Top Bottom