Clones

sdgraney1904

Hey guys! Just grabbed a couple clones today from a dispensary in San Diego skywalker og and a northernlights. my question is how long should I keep them out of sunlight for? Sorry i'm a noob. I gave them a shot of Tappin roots for my distilled water and some Mike O"Rizelys grandular its all about the roots. Also growing out doors and put them in some happy frog potting soil.

Welcome to the forums :thumb:

May like to take a gander through this section of the forums Outdoor Growing you might find some useful info !

I'm an indoor gardener myself for MMJ but do work as a professional gardener by trade including veg growing, annual flowers & many other species.

I would more likely place them in a larger pot or pot up for the time being, they might need hardening off for a couple of weeks before being placed out side depending on average day/night time temperature in your part of the world.

Not sure if you are going to grow them in a much larger pot out doors or directly planted in the soil ?

If pot grown make sure you get some decent compost which is PH corrected some where between PH 6 & 7 should be fine.

Your own garden soil might need to be tested for PH value as it does change from location to location through out the world/region etc etc

It may require buffering ? & i would certainly think about preparations of soil before planting out, such as a good application of organic matter like well rotted manures, bone meal & others, guano's etc or even home made garden compost for example.

This all applies base line N,P,K values (macro nutrients) to the soil which the benificial bacteria/organism in the soil will in time break down for the plants to use as food, organic matter also helps retain moisture in the soil as an add bonus.

Use of mulch around the plants helps retain moisture in the soil longer also.

You may also wish to think about pest control/defence from things which may slither, crawl, suck sap or four legged type which may munch on your plants & many others :thumb:

sdgraney: A couple days in the dark right after cutting and planting will give them a rest. Trim the leaves down to 1/2 their size to force root production. After a couple days in the dark, I kept my new clones under a clear dome and under 24/0 till I was sure they weren't wilting, then in 18/6 under cfl's for about a week. (warm with high humidity) During this time I only watered them once at the beginning, and let the plastic bag keep in the moisture.

If you can't see the roots, watch for new veg growth. (7 - 14 days) Once you see new leaf growth, you know the roots are formed and doing their thing. Then you can get your babies used to real sunlight and outdoor air, a little more each day. "Hardening off to us old gardeners"

No hurry to transplant, however, until the roots start showing through your drainage holes. Transplant may or may not shock the plant, depending on how gently you can get it out of its pot. Then plant directly into the spot where it will live out its life.

Back
Top Bottom