Clones

How long do my clones remain in my dome?

in general 8 to 10 days. start taking the dome off and check them in an hour or 2. if they are wilting mist and put the doom back on. Then try it again the next day, wash repeat until they stand up and tolerate life without a doom.

in general 8 to 10 days. start taking the dome off and check them in an hour or 2. if they are wilting mist and put the doom back on. Then try it again the next day, wash repeat until they stand up and tolerate life without a doom.

You could check them every 15 minutes or 30 minutes if you wish. I would give them at least an hour, if they are still doing ok, check back in another hour. If they are still standing after 2 hours they are probably pretty good.

If they are still standing after 2 hours, You could also put the doom back on and then take it off for 4 hours the next day.

those time frames work for me. I sometimes check them after work for 1 or 2 hours and if I think they are doing ok... I take the doom off again when I go to work the next day... 4.5 hours later when I get home for lunch I check on them and if they are still standing I leave the doom off for good.

You could check them every 15 minutes or 30 minutes if you wish. I would give them at least an hour, if they are still doing ok, check back in another hour. If they are still standing after 2 hours they are probably pretty good.

If they are still standing after 2 hours, You could also put the doom back on and then take it off for 4 hours the next day.

those time frames work for me. I sometimes check them after work for 1 or 2 hours and if I think they are doing ok... I take the doom off again when I go to work the next day... 4.5 hours later when I get home for lunch I check on them and if they are still standing I leave the doom off for good.

It depends on what medium you are cloning into. I've used rockwool cubes and peat pellets, and I just waited until I could see roots popping through, then removed the dome. If you are cloning into something larger and wouldn't see the roots for awhile, I'd do as Scarfinger recommended.

So Drroe... What medium are you using to clone?

I clone directly in soil. I use dooms and mist as needed. So my directions pertain to soil.
P10003782.JPG

Back
Top Bottom