CMH lighting in a sealed tent

so the main reason I was planning on the switch is my store is offering me a 315 for $315 lol and the 630 for $489. that sounds like a pretty good deal, crap forgot to mention that price no bulb, but bulbs go for about$150. all Canadian pricing!
$489 for a 630? Wow! I'd buy that depending on warranty and brand. Sun systems makes damn good lighting and nanolux is great also although I've never used them. For the price, you can't beat it.
I started out with LED and had horrible results, but that's my experience. Tech is definitely better now so you may get great results. Cmh is a step up from mars hydro LED, trust me on this.
Not sure about the other LED mentioned, but procede with caution. Just fyi.

I bought a 315 back in July and have it in a 39x39 tent (glad they didn't have a 4x4 in Stock it wouldn't have set up around my vents) it's a good little light I do notice that the plants grow toward the middle of it as if it don't spread the light out so I gotta keep moving it I did drop a 2 foot t5 beside it to help and seems to be working but it could be my reflector it's a phantom and is open if that makes any difrence seems like even if there directly under it they still grow for the bulb and I keep it about 16 inches away but I'm a newbie and it's my first light I did get a 1000 hps for bloom

I bought a 315 back in July and have it in a 39x39 tent (glad they didn't have a 4x4 in Stock it wouldn't have set up around my vents) it's a good little light I do notice that the plants grow toward the middle of it as if it don't spread the light out so I gotta keep moving it I did drop a 2 foot t5 beside it to help and seems to be working but it could be my reflector it's a phantom and is open if that makes any difrence seems like even if there directly under it they still grow for the bulb and I keep it about 16 inches away but I'm a newbie and it's my first light I did get a 1000 hps for bloom
If you can, turn your plants often to get better coverage. I do this every other day.

I run a drip system with hydroton in 9" pots under 1000w hps for bloom in a 4.5x4.5x7' sealed tent dehumidifier inside tent 14000 btu a/c outside co2 constant 1500ppm till week 6ish
veg tent is 4.5x2.5x6.5' with a 4' 4lamp t5 same drip system but 5" pots no venting just air flow in tent with a clip fan with TNB bottle temps 77-81° rh bounces from 40-60%

Yes. 630 out of the wall. Bulbs are good for 20,000 hours of use. That said, they only degrade 2% after that.
You can't do that with a MH. You have to change out bulbs frequently costing more money. I purchased mine from a guy for $400 for 2 630's. Still have a 1 year warranty on them. I got lucky.

Just pointing out that the main selling point of these lights is to replace 1000w MH for veg, and not 1000w HPS for flower.

$489 for a 630? Wow! I'd buy that depending on warranty and brand. Sun systems makes damn good lighting and nanolux is great also although I've never used them. For the price, you can't beat it.
I started out with LED and had horrible results, but that's my experience. Tech is definitely better now so you may get great results. Cmh is a step up from mars hydro LED, trust me on this.
Not sure about the other LED mentioned, but procede with caution. Just fyi.

Most off the shelf LED lights are not much more efficient than HID, but you do get less heat, better spectrum and no reflector loss, like many others I've had good experiences with cheap blurple LED's BUT I wouldn't advice that you buy them either, basically HID or DIY COB's is the only two ways you'll get what you pay for today.
What was top of the line 6 months ago is now outdated, and better tech can be bought for less.

All respect to your experience mate, and I'm in no way thrashing you lights, just saying it's old tech and it's overpriced ;)
Look at some PPFD readings and datasheets. Let's get scientific :)
PPFD Graphs and Analysis for Mars, Amare, Fluence LEDs & CMH

@madframermrc You seem like you already decided to buy the light, so I'm not gonna try to talk you out of it further, but I'm still sure you'll be disappointed and sure that the investment will end up having negative ROI% :Namaste:

Just pointing out that the main selling point of these lights is to replace 1000w MH for veg, and not 1000w HPS for flower.

Most off the shelf LED lights are not much more efficient than HID, but you do get less heat, better spectrum and no reflector loss, like many others I've had good experiences with cheap blurple LED's BUT I wouldn't advice that you buy them either, basically HID or DIY COB's is the only two ways you'll get what you pay for today.
What was top of the line 6 months ago is now outdated, and better tech can be bought for less.

All respect to your experience mate, and I'm in no way thrashing you lights, just saying it's old tech and it's overpriced ;)
Look at some PPFD readings and datasheets. Let's get scientific :)
PPFD Graphs and Analysis for Mars, Amare, Fluence LEDs & CMH

@madframermrc You seem like you already decided to buy the light, so I'm not gonna try to talk you out of it further, but I'm still sure you'll be disappointed and sure that the investment will end up having negative ROI% :Namaste:
ok so for years I've been getting my info from a Canadian L.P. with close to 3 million sq foot of grow (I only get to see pics dang it) they switched 1 warehouse to cmh lighting and now he's talking to other partners about more. So you see why I'm kinda sold on this type of lighting. He's been my grow god for some time. But it's nice to engage in all this debate this is the first time in my life posting, asking anything online. I really appreciate all the feed back from everyone. that's how we all keep learning.

The problem with the weed game is that it's kinda like religion and people are cautious to embrace new ideas and methods.
What a commercial grower does in a big operation isn't really comparable to a small tent with very different concerns and goals.
CMH is better than HID watt for watt, sure, but not worth the extra money in comparison to HID or the better efficiency and durability you get with COB's.
Try looking at what some of the growers here do, lots of inspiration and different perspectives on growing ;)

Regardless of what light you end up growing with, I hope you get some frosty nugs in your jars :Namaste:

The problem with the weed game is that it's kinda like religion and people are cautious to embrace new ideas and methods.
What a commercial grower does in a big operation isn't really comparable to a small tent with very different concerns and goals.
CMH is better than HID watt for watt, sure, but not worth the extra money in comparison to HID or the better efficiency and durability you get with COB's.
Try looking at what some of the growers here do, lots of inspiration and different perspectives on growing ;)

Regardless of what light you end up growing with, I hope you get some frosty nugs in your jars :Namaste:
when de tech showed up at the store I ran in with a hard on only to walk away empty handed. once properly explained. what are you gonna do with all that heat? vent the tent? not my option. so I stuck with what worked. and truthfully I don't mind investing $ or time into my passion, just not waste it.

Have you grown with cmh?

Back
Top Bottom