CMH lighting in a sealed tent

I did more research and found that a DE light setup has the best penetration factor. CMH is a close 2nd. CMH has better full spectrum overall though. This info is from Solis Tec and sun systems lighting.
But the heat factor in the de imo is not worth the trade off. a/c would be running non stop at 11 amps. ouch

I dont think a 630w cmh will grow as much as a 1000w hps but it will grow better bud, use less electric ( vs 1000w hps and A/C )and create less heat. Bulbs are said to last upto 2 years before any drop off, the color rendering index (CRI) for ceramic lamps ranges from 90-92. To give you some perspective, the sun's CRI is 100. HPS lamps range from 20-30, and metal halides range from 60-65.

Spectrum i dont think is massivley important, but if you ate burgers for breakfast, lunch and dinner, you wouldnt be chasing your kids around the park would ya ? So wider richer spectrum / healthier plants.

i use 5 x 315w cmh's with 930 and 942 bulbs and my hps/mh days are over. Ive never had such happy frosty girls, and although ive moved away from the big yielding strains i started out growing, onto low / mid yielding strains, id rather quality over quantity, an my girls are payin me back and loving it. Im going to be trying out a 10k cmh bulb as a supplimental to finish off my next grow.

Im currently growing Black Cherry Punch by in house genetics and will be doing some thin mint x gsc, gelato and more BCP next run.

I dont like seeing people chew cmh tech out vs cob/led lol although im looking into doing a diy cob build, i dont like the idea of spending 1600-1800 pound on gear and then having to design it and build it, and the "out the box " equivelants are super expensive vs what you need to cover an area.

::: edit:::

By the way i run a 2.4m x 1.2m x 2m tent with 2 x 930 bulbs and 2 942 bulbs, and i run a 930 bulb in a 60 x 90 x 120 tent

Do you guys find CMH is about the same heat as MH? I'm still saving up for a CMH kit, hopefully it runs cooler.

It'll run cooler than HID, but seriously dude look into DIY COB's and you'll get a better light for less money ;)

I dont think a 630w cmh will grow as much as a 1000w hps but it will grow better bud, use less electric ( vs 1000w hps and A/C )and create less heat. Bulbs are said to last upto 2 years before any drop off, the color rendering index (CRI) for ceramic lamps ranges from 90-92. To give you some perspective, the sun's CRI is 100. HPS lamps range from 20-30, and metal halides range from 60-65.

Spectrum i dont think is massivley important, but if you ate burgers for breakfast, lunch and dinner, you wouldnt be chasing your kids around the park would ya ? So wider richer spectrum / healthier plants.

i use 5 x 315w cmh's with 930 and 942 bulbs and my hps/mh days are over. Ive never had such happy frosty girls, and although ive moved away from the big yielding strains i started out growing, onto low / mid yielding strains, id rather quality over quantity, an my girls are payin me back and loving it. Im going to be trying out a 10k cmh bulb as a supplimental to finish off my next grow.

Im currently growing Black Cherry Punch by in house genetics and will be doing some thin mint x gsc, gelato and more BCP next run.

I dont like seeing people chew cmh tech out vs cob/led lol although im looking into doing a diy cob build, i dont like the idea of spending 1600-1800 pound on gear and then having to design it and build it, and the "out the box " equivelants are super expensive vs what you need to cover an area.

::: edit:::

By the way i run a 2.4m x 1.2m x 2m tent with 2 x 930 bulbs and 2 942 bulbs, and i run a 930 bulb in a 60 x 90 x 120 tent

I guess you think I'm the one chewing out CMH vs LED and yes I am when we're talking DIY LED, hell I'll chew out anything out Vs that until someone show better tech based on PPFD readings ;)
Not at all slandering CMH though, a serious step up to HID no doubt, but just like you said 630w CMH won't outperform a 1000w HPS.

If you spend that much on parts for LED lighting you'll be able to make a very efficient system covering your tent evenly from corner to corner.
You don't have to design much yourself, other than the COB's/QB's, driver, heatsinks and wires/bolts (which you probably get from one shop), you only need something to mount them on which could be an old cupboard door or whatever is at hand, doesn't matter, but most people use aluminium profiles which are easily found in hardware stores.

Have you tried the BCP yet? Seriously thinking about buying a pack before it's too late ;)

It'll run cooler than HID, but seriously dude look into DIY COB's and you'll get a better light for less money ;)

I guess you think I'm the one chewing out CMH vs LED and yes I am when we're talking DIY LED, hell I'll chew out anything out Vs that until someone show better tech based on PPFD readings ;)
Not at all slandering CMH though, a serious step up to HID no doubt, but just like you said 630w CMH won't outperform a 1000w HPS.

If you spend that much on parts for LED lighting you'll be able to make a very efficient system covering your tent evenly from corner to corner.
You don't have to design much yourself, other than the COB's/QB's, driver, heatsinks and wires/bolts (which you probably get from one shop), you only need something to mount them on which could be an old cupboard door or whatever is at hand, doesn't matter, but most people use aluminium profiles which are easily found in hardware stores.

Have you tried the BCP yet? Seriously thinking about buying a pack before it's too late ;)

No doubt i will be doing a DIY project after christmas, doing a lot of research on current tech and reading up on builds etc. One thing I will be doing though to reduce my outlay for the cob build, is incorporating 2 or 3 CMH bulbs into my build, as i run 3 plants in my 2.4 x 1.2 tent, so im thinking of running a single bulb over each tote like this -

LED_COB_design.png

Over this

gallery_1482_698_188705.jpg

I could build that setup with some CXB3590 - 3500k top bins for about 500 - 600 pound ( now ppl are saying there are cheaper more efficient cobs and quantum boards so im like faaaark ! )

And ive not tried any of the BCP yet, this is my first go on it ! But its a beut ! Terps terps terps and frost ! Looking for the Pink Pheno ! not got it yet !

20171127_190830.jpg

20171129_203257-0.jpg
20171129_203316-0.jpg
20171129_203343-0.jpg
20171129_203528-0.jpg
20171129_203432-0.jpg
20171129_203358-0.jpg

The journey continues !

Yeah, use the light you have already and get into DIY with some supplemental lights, basically my main point in this thread is not to throw away stuff that works ;)
The 2 you have drawn between your CMH's might be unecessary because of the CMH's light overlap therem think you'd be better off moving those to the long sides so you have 4 on each side covering the corners of your CMH's where the light is weakest.

CXB3590 was the shit about 9-12 months ago, but has since been overtaken by better and cheaper COB's, the latest generation of Vero is killer ;) And of course the quantum boards which is where the tech is peaking at the moment ;)
3500K is good for full cycle, but 2700K and 3000K is a bit better for flowering, 80 CRI COB's are slightly more efficient than the 90 CRI ones but lots of good arguments to take at least some 90 CRI in the mix ;)

Your BCP looks really nice :thumb: How far in flowering is it?
I Have to decide soon, but my seed guy has some very limited 5-packs from IHG, might take one of those, though they're more expensive than the BCP 10-pack...

Cheers PurpleGunRack !

Those were at 6 and a half weeks. I started flushing on week 7 ( took 8 day to start flowering after flip so counted from then ) and these cmh light seem to make them finish earlier too which is a bonus, and i was about 5-10% amber when i started to flush.

Ive heard all of the cherry crosses are good and somone recomended the Cherry Gorilla from IHG, but im not spending anymore on seeds for a bit now, got a little selection to try. I would recommend any of the Cherry Pie, Purple Punch, Gelato, Zkittles crosses. Yep expensive shit indeed, i bought my 10 BCP for 130 pound, a week later they went up in price lol, but im not moaning ( well i will if i dont find this pink pheno lol ) they smell like tropical fruit punch, and they look similar in yield to the GSC strains ( buds instead of colas ) but theyre super tight, fragrant and sparkly. I topped too much on these and they stretched, but im harvesting half and half, theres loads of bud mid canopy so ill ripen that up once i take the top half off.

BCP is 135 now, 13,5 per seed not that expensive, many mainstrean breeders seeds are around 8 per seed, the IHG 5-packs are 150 :)
I'm all hooked on cookie and cherry pie crosses and don't care about yield only about trichs and terps ;)

What's the deal with the pink pheno ?

BCP is 135 now, 13,5 per seed not that expensive, many mainstrean breeders seeds are around 8 per seed, the IHG 5-packs are 150 :)
I'm all hooked on cookie and cherry pie crosses and don't care about yield only about trichs and terps ;)

What's the deal with the pink pheno ?

Everything is cheaper over the pond compared to here lol.

Oh the pink Pheno....I dont know whats so special about it other than it looks absolutley amaze-balls !

bcp_pink_pheno.jpg

*drool*

I'm talking pounds, I order from the UK :) I live across the small pond to the east ;) IHG prices are set by the breeder.

Looks very nice, that's what all purp hunters look for, coloured buds and green leaves.

I'm talking pounds, I order from the UK :) I live across the small pond to the east ;) IHG prices are set by the breeder.

Looks very nice, that's what all purp hunters look for, coloured buds and green leaves.
has anyone tried skywalker or obi wan both crossed with og? my son picked them out and we were completely mind blown

Back
Top Bottom