Co2 question

Mystic

I've been running Co2 in my flower room with much success. I recently heard that you only want to use Co2 for the first three weeks of the flower cycle. Can any experience growers comment on this? Is this true?
Thank you for your time.:rollit:

Never heard that.
How do I supplement my area with carbon dioxide?
Recommended carbon dioxide supplementation is between 1000 and 2000ppm, depending on light intensity, from germination or during the rooting of cuttings through final maturation. The leaves will develop larger stomata when undergoing development within a carbon dioxide supplemented atmosphere, increasing their ability to photosynthesize when fully developed.

Never heard that.
How do I supplement my area with carbon dioxide?

Recommended carbon dioxide supplementation is between 1000 and 2000ppm, depending on light intensity, from germination or during the rooting of cuttings through final maturation. The leaves will develop larger stomata when undergoing development within a carbon dioxide supplemented atmosphere, increasing their ability to photosynthesize when fully developed.

I'm not sure where the above quote came from but if it's correct the It looks like extra CO2 will enhance growth through all cycles of growth and flowering.

""The leaves will develop larger stomata when undergoing development within a carbon dioxide supplemented atmosphere, increasing their ability to photosynthesize when fully developed.""

Sounds to me that extra CO2 will give your girls extra muscle to go the final furlong.

Never used extra CO2 myself as I always had plenty of air flow through the room. What with global warming there should be plenty of extra CO2 for free in the atmosphere anyways. We ought to get carbon credits for using it up! LOL

As an aside. Extra CO2 won't do squat for your girls if any ONE of their other needs aren't dialed up to the max.

Nutes - up to 2400 ppm
Light - up to 100W/square ft. HID
Temps - up to 95F
Nute temps - 60-75F lots of aeration
Humidity - 40-60%

Massive yields can be realized from such an environment but attention to detail is an all encompassing passion next to obsession.

If any one of the above are less than optimum then optimum results will not be realized. It cost a ton of cash to set up systems like this.

Best to keep things optimum for your own environment.

Security - Loose lips sink ships.

Need - Grow what you need.

Space - Inner not Outer. :0) Flower in a closet and veg under the stairs.

Neighbours - I used to vent near my neighbours back door and he would ask me if I'd seen a skunk hanging around. What a maroon! ;0)

Time - Your life. How much of it do you want to spend for your hobby? Or is your hobby your life? If you're a legitimate med patient, (I'm not talking Gov't approved), but you really find it fixes your ills as it does for me then a couple of hours a week can keep you and your girls happy.
If you want to go commercial then hand over your life to paranoia.

You can't help but be paranoid when everyone's out to get you.

Narks
Competing growers
Gangs
Cops
Pissed off life partners
Neighbourhood brats that just like snooping around.
Small house fire when you're not home or water leak.

Lots to think about.

I think your full of shit. Temps up to 95 will kill your plants. You said you've never used co2 so maybe you should talk about something you know about. nutes to 2400ppm is outta control. You take bong rips of pubes

I think your full of shit. Temps up to 95 will kill your plants. You said you've never used co2 so maybe you should talk about something you know about. nutes to 2400ppm is outta control. You take bong rips of pubes

Harsher words/language than you'd need even if you were 100% correct there son. I dunno about the nutrient level quoted but I take it you've never tried growing MJ in an attic in August with no climate control other than fans, huh? You know, when it's so hot in the upstairs bedrooms at night that people can't sleep and far hotter in the attic when the sun is up?

I guess not.

Obviously not the best conditions but it won't "kill your plants" unless maybe you're growing an arctic strain lol.

I apoligize. Just needed to rip the bong and mellow. but you still want to keep it under 85 degrees with or without co2.

I haven't used CO2 in my own grows but I've had a hand in quite a few other grows since 1978. Some of the people I've been involved with had deep pockets when it came to outfitting their rooms. One thing I learned through all these years is I prefer growing using the KISS principle.

Most of those people were aiming at commercial production and after I obtained my diploma in chemistry I had a lot of pressure on me to become involved in production of non-organic types of intoxicants. My head was definitely not there. That's one of the reasons I got out of the lower mainland of BC and headed for parts north.

I've grown outdoors in temps that reached over 110F about 150 miles north of Vancouver over 5000ft up in the coast mountains. As long as the girls got lots of water they loved it. The one indoor grow were the guy wanted to push for the max wasn't a lot of fun to maintain even with electronic control of most of it. I'm not saying anyone should try to grow at the extreme end of the scale but I know first hand that it can be done.

I just got back last night from a couple of days of helping a buddy with an expansion of his grow space. Two ozs of bud and nearly an lb of bone dry trim, (no fan leaves), ain't bad pay for about twelve hours of actual work. He even payed for hotel, meals and fuel. Good timing as I was getting pretty low from my last efforts.

Keep the faith.

Back
Top Bottom