CobraKai's - AK48 - 3xP150 - Total Noob Grow

CobraKai

Hello!

What strain is it? AK48 fem from mjseedscanada

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Vegging out

If in Veg... For how long? Popped seeds on 1-25-15

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor

Soil or Hydro? Soil

If soil... what is in your mix? Fox Farms OF (1/3) / Fox Farms HF (1/3) / Perlite (1/3)

If soil... What size pot? 5 gallon smart pots

Size of light? 3 x P150 leds

Any Pests ? My little gnome friend has been welcoming them and showing them the way out

How often are you watering? Too often at first, but I think I'm doing better now

Type and strength of ferts used? Fox Farms soil trio and calmag

First ever attempt with cannabis. Beans popped into solo cups with Fox Farms Light Warrior. So I started out with some very slow growth initially due to grower errors. Watered seedlings too often and had leds too low. After the first transplant to 1g smart pots that sorted itself out. Transplanting from the 1g to 5g smart pots was nerve-wracking. The roots were already in the sides/bottom of the pots, so I had no choice but to do a little damage. I told myself that was a mistake, but the plants never missed a beat and took right off. Maybe they enjoyed a little tough love.

My plan is to let them grow out a little more, get 3-4 clones off of each and scrog. The main goal of this grow is to gain experience, grow a little smoke and (most importantly) to successfully clone all three so I can determine which one will be my keeper for future grows. I don't want to buy seeds again for quite some time.

I just fertilized for the first time (1/2 strength) a couple of days ago after starting to see some little brown spots that seemed to match up to deficiencies. New growth looks great. I'm planning on growing them out for another week or two, then topping and cloning the tops in my aerocloner. Then I will harvest at least a couple more clones from the lower nodes. So I'm thinking screen will be around 16-18" above soil level. Nutes will remain 1/2 strength every other watering for now.

All 3 ladies are showing white pistils. They look a little rough in the led spectrum, but really do look nice under regular lighting. I'll try to take my next pics with regular lighting, but the leds are all I have in their little nook.

Sound planning? Any advice or constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated. I think I've done my homework, but have an incredible amount of learning ahead of me. Thanks for stopping by!
pl_009.JPG
pl_006.JPG
pl_005.JPG
pl_004.JPG
pl_008.JPG

sweet. thought those things were 50x3w units till I read the info. good stuff. be careful not too hang too close to plants cause leds can stress plants that haven't built a tolerance to the light yet.

Thanks for stopping by b.real. They have been under these leds 100% of their life, so they better be use to it by now. I initially had them about 14" from my plants while seedlings. Growth completely stopped for 2+ weeks. I raised them up to 24" and growing resumed. I added the bloom light into the mix at about 1 month old, and this gave me even more growth. Right now, I have both spectrums on and lights are 12-13" from the plants. They seem to be growing about 3/4" daily now, so every other day I raise up the lights to keep them at 12-13" from the tops.

My plants really do look kind of weak and small in my pics, but much better in person. They are 14", 15" and 16" tall. I'll add some better pics under regular lighting tomorrow, if only to make myself feel better.

that's good news. I had a 100x3w led fixture and I put my plants to close to it and they died. well one plant died and the other plant hung on for dear life, but she didn't get big at all. I ended up selling the light and getting a 60x3w led fixture, but if I started the plants out from under the light I may have been able to make the 100x3w led light work.

Subbed ;) I have been looking at platinum's lights for a while now. Been back and forth between 3xP150s or 2xP300s. Did you choose the 3xP150s so that you would have a light per plant? Looking forward to watching your progress.

Hey Apyros, thanks taking a look. I went with the P150s because of the size of this closet. Apparently I forgot to list the size of my room in the details of my grow, but it's a 2x6 closet with panda film. This is my first journal, so I cut and pasted the grow info from the directions on "How to start your grow journal." The mods should really add that in so new people like me don't forget it, unless I just missed it somehow.

I would much rather be growing with the P300s, but I just figured that these P150s would be perfect to each have their own 2x2 area. Their length is certainly sufficient, but the width doesn't quite fill the 2 feet. I'm not saying that the edges won't get good growth, because this is my first grow and I don't know. But I certainly notice a diminished amount of light when passing my hands around the edges.

After many search attempts, I just can't find a grow journal anywhere using the P150s. I think the idea of each plant having it's own light should work out well for me. But, in my highly inexperienced opinion, you should go with the P300s if your space permits. Mo' light mo' smoke, right?

Topped all three plants:

plants_00238.JPG
plants_00338.JPG
plants_00621.JPG

Tops were put in aero cloner:

plants_0089.JPG

I'll construct the screen today, weather permitting.

Well, my first grow has come to an abrupt end! A location scout came by the other day and I let him look around my house a little and take some pics. My house is going to be in a movie. It's waaaaay too much $$$ to pass up, so my lovely plants were destroyed. They want access to the entire house...I won't even be living here for a week. Dead plants :( but excessive amounts of cake for using my not-very-remarkable house :)

Back
Top Bottom