Coco Grow - 4 Autos - Are they ready for 400W MH & feeding?

420sm

This is a coco grow. 4 autos all 15 days old. I started them in 3 gal pots(12 liters) Started slow but they are coming back.

currently under 23w 6500k cfl lights. Is this the time to switch to 400W MH? How far the light should be?

Also in 1-2 days they will need water should I feed them with AN Sensi coco grow A+B nutrients? Or wait a little bit more to feed?

They have been only fed with voodoo juice 1 time, and thinking this is a coco medium it doesnt have any nutes in it, and I am afraid of starving them.

there are some curls on the edges of the leaves, is that a problem? what could be the reason for it?
Pictures Amnesia Haze AUTO
Dx14NhV.jpg

Ip4sYiW.jpg

Northern Lights AUTO
OPbtXHS.jpg

Royal Dwarf AUTO
nXkzFHJ.jpg

IcBrfji.jpg

Skunk#1 AUTO
vRmgG8a.jpg

sxkM1MD.jpg

underwatering or overwatering... or cal or mag deficiency. Sometimes they look like that in hydro when young but once they get used to the system they flourish. Yours are a little small for 15 days though, your growth rate is being effected.

I mentioned this before in another post. You may be underwatering. With coco it is better to use fresh oxygenated water to push the old stale water. It could be as simple as shaking your watering bottle to mix it with air or using an airstone.

I'm not good with coco. I don't use it because it requires frequent watering and is better suited for run to waste. There is nothing wrong with coco though. Treating coco like soil is a bad idea. It's a hydro medium and when treated like a hydro medium it does well.

The 400 watt would help the medium dry out quicker and may help oxygenate the root zone. As long as you keep the temps down I think it would be better.

This is a coco grow. 4 autos all 15 days old. I started them in 3 gal pots(12 liters) Started slow but they are coming back. currently under 23w 6500k cfl lights. Is this the time to switch to 400W MH? How far the light should be?
First of all WELCOME 420sm to 420 Magazine!
Never too soon to start with more light. I usually go by the top of my hand beteen the plant and the light (even with CFLs) If the top of your hand gets hot, the light is too close to the plant.

Also in 1-2 days they will need water should I feed them with AN Sensi coco grow A+B nutrients? Or wait a little bit more to feed?
They have been only fed with voodoo juice 1 time, and thinking this is a coco medium it doesnt have any nutes in it, and I am afraid of starving them. there are some curls on the edges of the leaves, is that a problem? what could be the reason for it?
Start with diluted nutes for the youngins', Most hydro nutes have recommended mixing instructions. They are there for a reason. Sometimes MORE is actually LESS because it can cause nutrient burn. As far as food for the sprouts, they usually get their starting nutrients from the cotyledon leaves. I usually use Rapid Start in my young plants waterings at first, but I am either in soil or hydro; I have not tried coco yet. As far as the leaves curling, I have it every now and then myself. It can be caused by overwatering, but they usually curl down and sag. It can be caused by being too close to the light and are getting too hot??? Or they will curl upwards because they need water. Touch the COCO, does it feel cool and damp or warm and dry? Warm and dry is screaming MORE WATER PLEASE!!! :cheesygrinsmiley:

underwatering or overwatering... or cal or mag deficiency. Sometimes they look like that in hydro when young but once they get used to the system they flourish. Yours are a little small for 15 days though, your growth rate is being effected.
I mentioned this before in another post.
You may have, but not in this thread so this might be confusing.:hmmmm:
You may be underwatering. With coco it is better to use fresh oxygenated water to push the old stale water. It could be as simple as shaking your watering bottle to mix it with air or using an airstone.
:thumb:
I'm not good with coco. I don't use it because it requires frequent watering and is better suited for run to waste. There is nothing wrong with coco though. Treating coco like soil is a bad idea. It's a hydro medium and when treated like a hydro medium it does well.
:thumb:
The 400 watt would help the medium dry out quicker and may help oxygenate the root zone. As long as you keep the temps down I think it would be better.
Right on target jargoman! Treat COCO like HYDRO! :cheesygrinsmiley:

If your going to switch over to a 400w MH on a plant that young, i would give it at least 24 -30 inches above top of plant. even if your not burning it, switching it over can and will cause light stress issues, as the plant is adjusting to not only more intense light, where it will start pulling feed from the media like crazy, it is receiving a much different spectrum of light as well, all things the plant has to get used to. so dont freak out if you switch lights and your plant doesnt grow for several days.

In my latest LED closet grow, I started them out under the powerful light from the get go. I had the light 3.5 to 4 feet away, but even at that distance the LED pushes lots of par.

I also start feeding right away, daily.

The trick for me is to only water enough to keep the rockwool wet, which I seed in, and the coco around it for the first 7 days or so.

Welcome 420sm Good luck with your Auto grow.

That looks like early heat stress and the soil could maybe use less water?I f my facts is correct that's the leaves trying to dump extra water in the heat.

Looking forward to your grow

Back
Top Bottom