Coco mania

Zoot you're god dude :) My son has a mate who "isolates" rooms for £200 :) If I get it done I'll never pay electric again for that room :) :). Stops inquisitive Electric companies questioning the increased useage too :)

from my own experience being a electrical engineer I would completely recommend against it... if you get caught its jail. and that's without the plants etc and they will notice power going missing its one of the main reasons people get caught. I at any point can isolate the whole flat and run it around the meter and at one point I had a stupid amount of electricity being used and still didn't do it. but providing you pay your bills the big company's wont do anything except welcome your custom...

Good advice again mate. It's not really what I'd like to do but it is an option. In your opinion, knowing what I'm going to be using (ie 4 x 600w HPS, 1 x 8" Ruck, 4 x 9" oscillator fans and a single 13" fan outside the tent to cool the room), what do you think the costs fr elec will be over the 14-16 weeks?

Hi guys. Just been chatting to my son about nutes and what's best to use. Got some conflicting opinions. I'm defo going to use canna coco with around 30% perlite mixed in as the media. Also going with clay pebbles on the bottom 2-3" of the 5 gallon pots........so, what do you guys recommend? I've checked historical ph values of the water up here and over the last 5 years it varies between 6.8 to 9.7. Love to hear from you :)

Hey by far the best nutrient line for coco in my opinion is canna... The Nutrient line doesn't require you to change during flower. just keep on using the same nutrients from when you start until you flush its also pretty cheap. £35.00 for 5L of part A and 5L of part B. only thing you will need is canna PK 13/14 for about 2 weeks in the last part of flowering. I have used all the canna line. rhizotonic, cannazym, boost, flush etc and in my opinion for there price I would use alternatives and I do. instead of rhizotonic I use a liquid seaweed Elixir during veg. I don't use cannazym or an alternative and instead of canna boost , which I may add is ridiculously expensive I use ionic boost. also I make sure the PH is bang on 5.8 all the way through. get your self a blue labs truncheon and decent ph pen. liquid oxygen is also good to use but not a necessity....

Im sure everyone will have there own line up they think is best and each to there own but I have never had any issues from the above and my plants and harvests are pretty dam good thanks to it lol

Good advice again mate. It's not really what I'd like to do but it is an option. In your opinion, knowing what I'm going to be using (ie 4 x 600w HPS, 1 x 8" Ruck, 4 x 9" oscillator fans and a single 13" fan outside the tent to cool the room), what do you think the costs fr elec will be over the 14-16 weeks?

what is your price per KWH? you can find it on your electric meter by pressing the blue button a few times. get me that info and il work it out no probs for you

It's funny you should mention boost because that's what kicked it off with my son :). He has some mates that are prolific growers and one of them told him Boost is THE best nute going during blooming. As for Canna range.....thats what I'm planning on using :)
Thanks again mate

what is your price per KWH? you can find it on your electric meter by pressing the blue button a few times. get me that info and il work it out no probs for you
I'll do that tomorrow mate. Really appreciate your help :)

It's funny you should mention boost because that's what kicked it off with my son :). He has some mates that are prolific growers and one of them told him Boost is THE best nute going during blooming. As for Canna range.....thats what I'm planning on using :)
Thanks again mate

being honest its the most exspensive nutrient going. ionic is is 75% cheaper and I to this day can not notice the difference between them.

Think I'll try Ionic then :). Being my first grow I can't compare but I want to get QUALITY and QUANTITY. I'm not planning on being a big time grower but, like I said, if I can cover costs I'd be buzzing (in more ways than on lol :) )

Think I'll try Ionic then :). Being my first grow I can't compare but I want to get QUALITY and QUANTITY. I'm not planning on being a big time grower but, like I said, if I can cover costs I'd be buzzing (in more ways than on lol :) )
Allright fella I can recommend dutch pro a&b I pay 25 quid for 5 litres and plant magic boost is excellent at 12 pound a litre things like canna boost and any boost will only be affective if your environment is spot on and on top of that a root stim and some pm granules are things I would get before ant pk booster good roots=good buds then you think about boost .if you want to spend a bit more get some advanced nutes big bud and overdrive that's what I use and I will allways use big bud it has lots of other good stuff in it and it lasts longer because you use tiny amounts

Quality advice guys....thank you :). I'm SO keen to do "a good job" that I'm fretting before I even start lol. I'm a bit OCD and a perfectionist. Hate screwing up lol. My attitude is simple.......if you don't know...ASK lol. As mad as it sounds, I'd love to share a tote and pint with you guys and pick your brains lol :)

Quality advice guys....thank you :). I'm SO keen to do "a good job" that I'm fretting before I even start lol. I'm a bit OCD and a perfectionist. Hate screwing up lol. My attitude is simple.......if you don't know...ASK lol. As mad as it sounds, I'd love to share a tote and pint with you guys and pick your brains lol :)

Any time your down the south west let me know and we will make it happen :) don't worry too much seems there is a lot of people here willing to help and I shall deffo be there every step of the way. just remember theres caring and going OTT. I think one of the main reasons I do so well most of the time is because im not interfering too much. I do what I can to maximise full potential, provide the building blocks they need. simply put, maintain that through out there life and in return I get awesome healthy plants with great results. infact I may start a new style called the M.I.T (Minimal Interference Technique ) lol as it really works. 2 short visits per week to ensure there getting what they need and are remaining healthy..

Any time your down the south west let me know and we will make it happen :) don't worry too much seems there is a lot of people here willing to help and I shall deffo be there every step of the way. just remember theres caring and going OTT. I think one of the main reasons I do so well most of the time is because im not interfering too much. I do what I can to maximise full potential, provide the building blocks they need. simply put, maintain that through out there life and in return I get awesome healthy plants with great results. infact I may start a new style called the M.I.T (Minimal Interference Technique ) lol as it really works. 2 short visits per week to ensure there getting what they need and are remaining healthy..

Wow....only 2 visits a week? I thought they needed watering/feeding every 48hrs due to coco being inert and nute free?
I read on another thread that you can re-use coco and perlite simply by flushing it through with clean water after you've cropped. Is this true? :):peace:

Morning mate spot uses Wilma systems like me you put them on timers and they water for you I personally check ec and ph everyday I also would never use h202 unless I had root rot or something (not saying it's wrong his plants speak for themselves)
It kills any good bacteria like trichaderma which is good for the roots as for watering its everyday in coco unless there tiny mine get watered 4 times a day during lights on .
Coco is a very good thing to reuse I don't know much about it bigirishdude is the man for that one but you can over use it I think about 5 times is best as you build up beneficial bacteria

Good morning buddy. I'll be watering manually so I want to get it right :) . A few of my mates only water 2-3 a week. That said, they're lazy sods and consider 2.5 - 3 oz per plant a "good return". I think somewhere in between is a good starting point. Maybe I'll do some more than others and see which ones benefit more? :)
You'd be amazed at how many coco piles you find dumped down the back roads around here lol

On the watering just don't let the coco dry and it's ok .
I'm afraid to say I do believe you on the coco piles I used to live in Wigan and it's all over the shop on housing estates I even knew a guy that just tipped it stems and everything after trimming over his back fence into an alley it was mental but do t go using any it will have bugs and allsorts in

Yeah, that's what I thought. Keep it wet :). I've bought a "soil" ph and moisture content meter. I'll be keeping the pots in drip trays so, theoretically at least, they can suck it up too lol. As for re-use, I was planning on using my own stuff for 3-4 grows then replacing it. I would NEVER use dumped stuff lol. What do think to adding some boil washed cobel stones to the bottom? Helps drainage and airing of roots so I've been told? :)

What's best guys, Canna Coco Natural or Professional ? There's not a lot of difference price wise so I'm guessing Pro. Also, how much of each nutes should I buy? 18 plants (cuttings/clones), 8-10 weeks of veg the ????? flowering.
Cheers

What's best guys, Canna Coco Natural or Professional ? There's not a lot of difference price wise so I'm guessing Pro. Also, how much of each nutes should I buy? 18 plants (cuttings/clones), 8-10 weeks of veg the ????? flowering.
Cheers

Hey OZ, yeah 2 visits per week Mondays and Fridays but what I havnt mentioned here is I have a sophisticated live CCTV set up consisting of x3 high end Wi-Fi enabled wireless controlled night vision cameras. these units are connected to my flats internet connection via a private network and with there being a Android APP that lets me view the cameras privately ( password protected scripts and I.P bouncing software to prevent any backtrack if they was hacked, even though they cant be lol) I have a constant live feed of the grow to view when ever I need to. The camera's are possistioned with one viewing the front door one at plant and thermometer level and the other in perfect view of the min/max line on my res. This set up allows me to be able to view the main areas of the grow with out my presence being needed it also allows me to view if any one is in there I.E the law, to give me a heads up... forgot to mention I have an advanced knowledge in computer hardware and software.... :) any way on the days I do go over im usually there for a minimum of 2 hours and there I run through a strict check list of plant, system and equipment checks then I crack on with the upkeep of solution for the res.. I would NOT suggest the M.I.T to those just starting out or on there second grow but once you know what works for you and have a pretty good knowledge on how to quickly and effectively solve a problem you can relax a bit, take a seat and generally watch your ladies grow.

Feeding. My Wilma's feed automatically so as the plants progress I up the dosage that's regulated by the segment timer. currently they receive a 1.5L feed as the lights go one then another x2 0.5L feeds between lights on and lights off. so 2.5L per day. or 10L per res a day (always good to know how much solution you using per day). I have added perlite and using the 18L pots. they seem to love this. the coco is always moist never dry or soaked. I also give them a nice hand water on my visit days to help pull oxygen down into the coco.

In terms of the coco I use canna coco pro. and have never reused. I view each grow as new so I like to treat it that way. out with the old. Luckily there is giant biffa bins being used in my complex so I just bag up my waist and dispose of it the night before bin men come that way ,my waist is on the top of the bin and this ends up being buried by what is under it as it is dumped into the truck. so its hidden and gone.

this being said iv seen some new coco out there called Super 3C its half the price of canna coco pro. this is the description

''Coco Coir Coco 3C is manufactured in the same way as all other coco mediums apart from being the only brand to use grade one coco coir!

The cleanest and the safest coco on the market, A real premium coco to use in any indoor growing medium, be it with plant pots or hydroponics systems,

The SUPER 3C name appears on the bag, meaning that the very high quality ingredients are used to produce this Coco product.

The super buffering system of SUPER 3C Means that you have more control over the buffering process. making it perfect for hydroponics

Also SUPER 3C has been lightly pre-soaked and washed in PH stable water, then hot air dried making the end product lighter. (less water in the bag which can cause mould bugs and germs) SUPER 3C is free from any of them. So when only the best will do
SUPER 3C is the one to use. ''

This stuff sounds great and at half the price of canna its my next move for the next grow..

Nutes. You will need 5L of canna A and B. 1L of Ionic boost 1L of canna PK13/14. 1L bottle of PH down a pipette, measuring cup, PH Pen, PPM/EC truncheon ( get blue labs) blue surgical gloves. a 10L bucket. and in your case 7 50L bags of coco. perlite. its up to you but id grab a 50L bag. all this will do your first grow with left overs...

cuttings.. Clonex rooting gel, 1'' Rockwool cubes, heated propagator, spray bottle, relevant light. hygrometer, and super thrive. Possibly an arts and craft knife set or a scalpel.

Hope this helps mate..

Back
Top Bottom