Coco mania

Gotcha, thatll get done right away................you think i should go ahead and switch to the 12/12 on the lights??

I wouldn't flip lights yet. Unless you're in a REAL hurry. I'd LST her and veg for another 4 weeks just to get some strength and size into her. Then flip to 12-12.

Good info there oz exactly what I was going to say .
You can scrog 1 plant though just takes longer to veg but in my opinion lst is better first go it gives you good understanding of what happens to the plant also it's easyer to move

Hi Fatty. Thanks mate. I just don't see ANY real advantages to scrogging 1 plant when lst works so much better and produces the same end results. I think keep them low(ish), allow plenty of light to get to the buds, maintain GOOD nutes, get PH, temperature and humidity right and you're onto a winning formula :cheer:

i have 2 60 watt cfls on it and aluminum foil around to reflect. I was thinkin about topping it, but i didnt kno at wat stage i could do it, i was just tired of it growing straight up that i was going to switch the light schedule and start trying my hand at super cropping.

Super cropping should be done when a baisic knowlage of the other training methods have been learnt. A novice trying to super crop can kill a plant in no time, get rid of the foil, it is doing no good apart from creating hot spots. Flat white paint will be best. LST has been and gone on this plant. The stems will be to hard to.work wi. I would top the plant now and get as much lighting to the sides to aid secondary growth as possible. Leave 1 cfl on the top and as many as you can around and as close to the plant as possible. Do this for 3 weeks and then you could consider flowering her.

Peace + luck

You only get hot spots with hps and mh lights cfl isn't strong enough to worry also lst would be fine to start now you just do it a bit at a time so if you want a 90 degree bend do it in 2 45 degree sessions over a few days but I do agree on the super cropping

i moved one of the lights on the sides, i left one on top, and added another to another one of the sides. I already started bending some of the branches, like you said, super cropping for a novice.............i'm a lil hesitant against. keeping the light schedule at 18:6 for right now for about 4 more weeks you say???

You only get hot spots with hps and mh lights cfl isn't strong enough to worry also lst would be fine to start now you just do it a bit at a time so if you want a 90 degree bend do it in 2 45 degree sessions over a few days but I do agree on the super cropping

Yeah he's wanting to flower by the sounds of this so time isn't really on his hands. Especially to.get a real benefit from doing it. Hot spots can be caused by any illuminated heat source if its close enough to be reflected and directed into one area, even more so if he has used the shinny side of the foil. Best option in my opinion is top and get the sides illuminated. Each to there own though.. :)

i moved one of the lights on the sides, i left one on top, and added another to another one of the sides. I already started bending some of the branches, like you said, super cropping for a novice.............i'm a lil hesitant against. keeping the light schedule at 18:6 for right now for about 4 more weeks you say???

Yes mate 4 weeks will be fine. Are your cfl bulbs blue or red spectrum? Your want blue (approx 6300 k) for veg and red (approx 2700 k) for flower. Also a cool white is very beneficial in both stages. Again, try to keep the lights as close as possible to the plant for maximum absorption. As I said earlier, place your hand under the light and see how it feels after a few minutes, if its not burning you it won't harm the plants.

I wouldn't flip lights yet. Unless you're in a REAL hurry. I'd LST her and veg for another 4 weeks just to get some strength and size into her. Then flip to 12-12.

Going to LST her when this dark period is over. i bent a couple of branches, but nothin too strenuous. i'm not going to mess with the super cropping. You or Fatty got any recommendations on nutes???

Yes mate 4 weeks will be fine. Are your cfl bulbs blue or red spectrum? Your want blue (approx 6300 k) for veg and red (approx 2700 k) for flower. Also a cool white is very beneficial in both stages. Again, try to keep the lights as close as possible to the plant for maximum absorption. As I said earlier, place your hand under the light and see how it feels after a few minutes, if its not burning you it won't harm the plants.

how can you tell if they are blue or red spectrum?? it just looks like a regular cfl bulb

Yeah he's wanting to flower by the sounds of this so time isn't really on his hands. Especially to.get a real benefit from doing it. Hot spots can be caused by any illuminated heat source if its close enough to be reflected and directed into one area, even more so if he has used the shinny side of the foil. Best option in my opinion is top and get the sides illuminated. Each to there own though.. :)

yea i was wanting to go ahead and start flowering, but hey, ive waited this long, wats 4 mo weeks, ya kno??? I'd rather take muh time and do it right so i can jus keep this one plant and keep pruning it to keep it healthy n small ish..................my next one i'll experiment on i guess, still havent decided yet.

Hi Fatty. A few questions regarding watering if I may:) 1) Is using a watering can with a "shower" type nozzle on it ok? 2) Am I right in assuming that so long as the coco/perlite mix is kept damp/moist that it's "wet enough" ? (I have got a soil ph/moisture tester) and 3) Is it ok to empty the "drip trays" under the pots back into the res? Ohhhhhh, one more, is it okay for the pots to sit in the drip trays if there's water in the trays? Hmmmmmm, confused.com lol :)

Back
Top Bottom