Coco mania

pk13/14 by its self is no good, u need to mix it with the boost excelurator. if u havent bought it already, buy dutch pro explode instead using pk 13/14. simple to use and the only product from dutch pro ever worth using. its the only boost i use now. bluee planett nutrientt nutes were class but hes a dick and wont buy them any more. and u need to time the pk right. no good following grow charts they just a rough guide. if u stick with pk, use it 10-12 days instead of the recomended 7. as i said superthrive is just a tool not a feed, use it sparingly, if at all. if u stress train then add it after training but def not every feed.

80litre bins are fine. better to just aquire a regular size wheelie bin and use that. they hold about 180litres and are solid, no light gets in and easy to move around. just be sure to sterilise properly. u dont need the pebbles mate. i mean u can layer bottom of pots but ive found it makes zero difference. maybe it does f u keep the coco very wet but i dont do that.soil ph testers are utter shite, so dont even bother. use a quality ph probe such as bluelab or use a pen but the pens are shit for the most part, all the ones ive used drift out quickly so make sure u have ph buffers to calibrate regularly.

:thumb::420: well your Coco mania are looking great Bad-ass I love it Oye tell me if this is Normal for the leave to get like that On my whiterhino plant
10-13-13_2_.JPG
10-13-13_1_.JPG
10-13-13_5_.JPG
10-13-13_6_.JPG
10-13-13_0_.JPG
10-10-13_0_.JPG
10-09-13_0_.JPG
10-10-13_1_.JPG

u have serious issues going on there bro. what u feeding and how often? ph? what is ur ph run off? has it been under 12/12 without interuption? looks like some reveg to me. but u have nute issues bro.

if u can do dwc and do it correctly u wont be dissapointed. 17 days veg and day 29 flower.

IMG_20131011_161615.jpg
IMG_20131011_161737.jpg

vegged 20 days week 7 flower

2013-03-04_16_52_02.jpg

trust me dwc is a beast. u can pull 60-80oz dry in a 2.4x1.2 tent!

Having said that i still like coco as its simple to maintain for my grafters. i mix a res they pour it in wen i tell them. but my personal grows are all dwc.

In the wilma, change coco to pebbles mate. keep ph around 5.8 and use canna aqua. u'll def increase yields over coco.

Lovely stuff this is why I want to try dwc you can grow massive plants I've been thinking about modding a Wilma to let the roots go in the res I'm just fitting out my loft at home so I can do a couple of experiments and dwc will be first tbh I'm not as fust about yielding massive I just like looking at massive plants and I'm determined to grow a kilo plant indoors

:thumb::420: well your Coco mania are looking great Bad-ass I love it Oye tell me if this is Normal for the leave to get like that On my whiterhino plant
10-13-13_2_.JPG
10-13-13_1_.JPG
10-13-13_5_.JPG
10-13-13_6_.JPG
10-13-13_0_.JPG
10-10-13_0_.JPG
10-09-13_0_.JPG
10-10-13_1_.JPG

I agree with cultivator here looks like incorrect ph with a bit of over feeding to me give us a run down on your ph ,lights ,feed ,temp,humidity and we can help diagnose properly for you dude

pk13/14 by its self is no good, u need to mix it with the boost excelurator. if u havent bought it already, buy dutch pro explode instead using pk 13/14. simple to use and the only product from dutch pro ever worth using. its the only boost i use now. bluee planett nutrientt nutes were class but hes a dick and wont buy them any more. and u need to time the pk right. no good following grow charts they just a rough guide. if u stick with pk, use it 10-12 days instead of the recomended 7. as i said superthrive is just a tool not a feed, use it sparingly, if at all. if u stress train then add it after training but def not every feed.

80litre bins are fine. better to just aquire a regular size wheelie bin and use that. they hold about 180litres and are solid, no light gets in and easy to move around. just be sure to sterilise properly. u dont need the pebbles mate. i mean u can layer bottom of pots but ive found it makes zero difference. maybe it does f u keep the coco very wet but i dont do that.soil ph testers are utter shite, so dont even bother. use a quality ph probe such as bluelab or use a pen but the pens are shit for the most part, all the ones ive used drift out quickly so make sure u have ph buffers to calibrate regularly.

Hi mate. Already bought the Superthrive AND PK13/14. It's pretty much "standard" where I live :). The soil tester was bought mainly to check moisture content. I've got a bluelab ppm/ec truncheon and cheapy ph meter with loads of calibration fluid :) I'm paranoid about getting the "environment" right lol. I've been advised that WW and AK will need different nutes........is that right? Confused.com here

Lovely stuff this is why I want to try dwc you can grow massive plants I've been thinking about modding a Wilma to let the roots go in the res I'm just fitting out my loft at home so I can do a couple of experiments and dwc will be first tbh I'm not as fust about yielding massive I just like looking at massive plants and I'm determined to grow a kilo plant indoors

sounds good to me mate. its simple. just remember to keep ur res at 65-68f or u will most likely run into probs. i'd advise switching to clay pebbles if u want to run dwc style.

I've been advised that WW and AK will need different nutes........is that right? Confused.com here

No thats not true, they may use up nutes at diff rates. I'd just start on half strength cos canna is quite weak to start with, then build up to full dose over a couple weeks. just watch for signs of over feeding, burnt tips etc and under feeding, a lightening and paling of the leaves. Im an advocate of running one strain per grow when running a system or if u are new to growing, as multiple strains could cause some minor issues if they have hugely different needs. Ive grown both those strains and followed the same nute regime. just remember when u start from seed, no nutes for 2 weeks min. just plain water dont even ph it until u have first set of real leaves as ph down is toxic to seedlings. actually im going to start a new journal using seeds and clones, so u could copy how i germ seeds etc. not sure if i'll do coco or dwc or nft or something else yet.

Mate, you are a PROPER mine of information :) This is my first attempt at growing ANYTHING lol. As I mentioned earlier, I'm getting 18 first gen cuttings from a mate. I wanted to run them side by side to see which grow and yields best :) Again, there's LOADS of AK, Cheeses etc around here but WW is rarer :) I'll be picking your brains on a REGULAR basis dude :wood::thanks:

ok mate. make sure ur mate knows what hes doing and that u dont end up with bad cuts. i have a huge business in cuttings and some of the things i see are shocking! hopefully u'll get something decent. has ur mate flowered out these cuttings or are u his experiment? cheese is a shit strain, prevalent in uk but trust me there are far far better strains to grow commercially and for quality. try out green house seed A.M.S or Trainwreck for yield and quality

sounds good to me mate. its simple. just remember to keep ur res at 65-68f or u will most likely run into probs. i'd advise switching to clay pebbles if u want to run dwc style.

No thats not true, they may use up nutes at diff rates. I'd just start on half strength cos canna is quite weak to start with, then build up to full dose over a couple weeks. just watch for signs of over feeding, burnt tips etc and under feeding, a lightening and paling of the leaves. Im an advocate of running one strain per grow when running a system or if u are new to growing, as multiple strains could cause some minor issues if they have hugely different needs. Ive grown both those strains and followed the same nute regime. just remember when u start from seed, no nutes for 2 weeks min. just plain water dont even ph it until u have first set of real leaves as ph down is toxic to seedlings. actually im going to start a new journal using seeds and clones, so u could copy how i germ seeds etc. not sure if i'll do coco or dwc or nft or something else yet.

I dissagree, Prevention is better than cure. Why would you feed one plant right while running the risk of burning another? Any white widow grower will tell you whqt a fussy eater she is!! Only this week been in a disscussion withn3 other growers who agree. Not really the best advice telling a new grower to.feed untill he burns the plant. Best adive is to find out what each plant likes by mixing small amounts of solution then mix up containers for each strain, label and continue to ajust as the plant progresses. Also in terms of the pk13/14 you say it cant be used with out boost.. are you mad. Its used to give the plant the extra P & K the standard A+B cant give you do not need a boost. And in regards to when to use it. That there is wide spread debatable. I have personally tried the week 3 till week4, the whole way through and the last 3-4 weks for 2 week. I find usint it innthe last 4-3 weeks gives best results. I know u dont need a boost to use it as I have done it with no boost. Yeild was still great.

ok

i think u misread my post. i gave vague advice on feeding as its impossible to give a schedule without seeing the plants reaction. so i said watch for signs of burn and watch for signs of under feeding.

i push my plants to the max thats why i get excellent results which ive documented several times. I push my plants til they just start to burn then back off very slightly, that way i know the plants are getting the max.

U can use pk by itself if u want but the plant doesnt take it up the same without using the boost and u wont get the same quality and yield as pk by itself isnt the be all end all. im sure ur grows are great, but to be fair i wouldnt use cannas boost or pk cos they are shite, i can say that after years of growing constantly. But what works for one may not work for another.

On WW i personaly have never had an issue growing it, ive blasted it in hydro with heavy feeds with no issues and also grown it in soil. maybe the pheno(s) uve tried are just like that.

Morning lads I just been reading through and fought I would add my thoughts .first off I don't like superthrive in coco great tool to have for soil and even as a little boost for bigger plants in coco I don't think it's very good I've seen a couple of people give it seedlings in coco and it slowed growth a lot .
pk 13/14 works on its own nowhere near as good as with the boost but saying that I don't think canna boost is worth the money.the problem being its made to be used all the way through flower at very high dose and If you don't use the pk at the right time you don't get the results so unless your using cuts you know and you know exactly when to use it it's inafective .
now oz my man you are very wise to be worried about your environment this is the most important thing get this right and you will get really good results without any booster or additive you can buy now as for feeding different I've grown ww without any problems if your ph is correct and your using an ec meter you will be fine like cult said keep an eye on leaf tips and bottom yellowing and your runoff ec lowering and raising then adjust accordingley you will probably find not only strains will differ phenos will aswell(don't worry oz were here to help)

Hi guys. One thing I'm definitely going to do is keep a daily diary. I'm going to check ppm, ph, temps (day and night) humidity......etc, etc. I'll post the diary every day on a journal and hopefully I'll add pics too. I'm convinced that LST is the way forward too and I'm going to make a kind of scrog type frame at pot level that will allow me too bend and tie down the ladies :) Bearing in mind my inexperience (and ignorance lol) I'll be asking you guys for input along the way. Another thing I intend to do is place a reflective 13" round "pizza" plate on top of my pots to increase reflective light to the underside of my ladies. Have any of you tried this before? If so, did it help? :high-five: :thanks:

Hi guys. One thing I'm definitely going to do is keep a daily diary. I'm going to check ppm, ph, temps (day and night) humidity......etc, etc. I'll post the diary every day on a journal and hopefully I'll add pics too. I'm convinced that LST is the way forward too and I'm going to make a kind of scrog type frame at pot level that will allow me too bend and tie down the ladies :) Bearing in mind my inexperience (and ignorance lol) I'll be asking you guys for input along the way. Another thing I intend to do is place a reflective 13" round "pizza" plate on top of my pots to increase reflective light to the underside of my ladies. Have any of you tried this before? If so, did it help? :high-five: :thanks:

Make sure you post us a link mate as for reflecting light to the under side of the leaves it's not a good thing it actually slows growth the plant can get confused asto which way the light source is

Will do mate. :thumb:
That DOES make sense. Might have to revamp my tent then. I've got reflective all over the floor too lol. I'm aiming to keep them low (12-18 inches) if possible but want them WIDE. Effectively I've got enough room for 24" x 18" per plant.

if u havent bought pots already, go with airpots, they are fantastic. its easy to keep plant low and wide. top after 3rd 4th growth node then as the branches start to grow tie then down or keep topping. i prefer to get 6 or so main branches, tie them down and then train the growth inbetween.

As fatty says ur environment is the most important thing of all, everything else is secondary. if u have low humity get a small humidifier, if its too high try extracting more air and or getting a dehumidifier. Keep day time temps around 75f and night not lower than 60f ideally. make sure ur tent is getting the air replaced 3 or 4 times an hour. get everything right so that when u start everything runs right, u dont want to be fixing probs mid grow if it can be helped.

Again, good advice, thanks :). I've already got my pots so I'll stick with them :). Basically, what you're saying is once the plant has 3-4 leaves growing out of the stem I should nip the top off the plant and start to bend and tie down the remaining and new growth? Like I said, I'm TOTALLY new to this so some terminolgy is lost on me lol :)

Cheers again dude. What I'll do is post a few pics when I THINK they're ready and get your opinions if that's ok? :)

Back
Top Bottom