cold wet nights and warm days (new growth is pale yellow)

ekimray

bag seed
8 inch pots (2.5 L)
18" tall
growing outside ...pre flowering

the weather here has been good 55F at night and 70's in the day
but we had a cold rain the temp. dropped to 36 F. the last 2 nights
so I put the plants in side my house next to the heater vents so
warm air would blow on the pots to dry the wet cold soil NEXT DAY
all the new growth is very pale yellow the fan leaves are green still
the soil did not dry out all the way put them back outside hoping
they will recover what should I do are is there anything I can do

1 plant was left outside that I did not bring in and it looks good .did I kill my
little girls? sorry I have no pics

I doubt you killed them. Maybe stressed them at the most. 8" pots aren't too big. They will dry back out due to ur plant's need for water and nutes as well as evaporation. Temps didn't hit 32F which is freezing. These are plants, they are supposed to be outdoors (us growers forget that sometimes). Not sure what the yellowing is about but the cold probably did minimal damage. The yellowing may have mkre to do with ur feeding of the plants. Have u started them on nutes yet? What kind of soil u using? Pay attention to ur forecast. If its gonna be cold enough for frost, if u can, try to find something translucent that air can flow thru some kind of way that can be placed over the top if ur olant(s). Maybe a colored, see thru, waste paper basket with holes in its bottom it sides for air flow. Temp drops like that do increase chances of dealing with mold tho so look out for it if that weather continues. Hope this helps some. I am not the man when it comes to outdoors. I'm learning as well but i shared what i do know. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom