ColoradoGriz's First Grow - LED - Soil - Bag Seed

Glad you like it and thank you for the compliment! Give me a text later if you need more. I can't use it for anything till my big plant is done.

Nice variety you got going. I wanted to grow a sunflower for my little one, but she wanted pink and purple flowers...lol

Thanks and I will be texting you haha. The fun thing about the Sunflower is it is easy to control the height because it is normal for them to stretch, a lot, but indoor they stop at the light source and fatten up.

I have been contemplating planting greens in the same pots in future grows because these complimentary plants helped keep the pest problem down. I'm thinking if I am using clones or feminized seed I will just start going red solo cup straight to a 5 gallon. So I'm thinking plant the greens with a red solo cup stuck in the middle of a 5 gallon so I can just pull it out at transplant.

Have you ever used anything like Great White during transplant?

Never tried that one. I use Technaflora B-1 Red or Root 66. Sometimes use them together. But the B-1 Red is great for rooting clones so I try to keep some on hand even though it is fairly expensive. At transplant I just give them about half dose of nutes with 5ml of B-1 Red ph'd to 6.2 and drench the coco. No water till the top 2 inches of coco runs dry then water as normal after that. Seems to work pretty good for me. I also use jello cups to start seeds and clones or sometimes rapid rooters. Then I try to transplant to 1 or 2 gallon container and let it veg till I believe it has a good root ball and transplant to final container. I feel that establishing a good root system is imperative before you transplant to your final/flowering pot. Hope that helps a bit on my method. I'm not saying it's the only way to do things, but over the years I found it works best for me:)

Don't forget to post a smoke report on the OG Kush. You can do it here or my 4x4 journal whenever you have time. Thanks :thumb:
And don't be to hard on me... you were wanting that blue dream remember... haha. All kidding aside, just write an honest review.. that's all I ask for. Thanks again Griz!

Griz.... What the hell bro? I need my update fix or I start freaking out! LOL... howz the plants doing? Might take you up on that offer for clones... I want to do a soil and coco side by side and don't have anything big enough to clone yet. Hopefully I don't screw up the soil grow.. I got no clue what to do with soil. :rofl:

I've been slacking because of your Blue Dream. It has me busy doing physical stuff instead of sit on my ass stuff haha. You can read about that more when I post your review.

So, a week ago I received my Aero Cloner, the following day my LEDs. So here is an update on the Clones after 7 days and my plants after 7 days under the new LEDs.

Clones are showing roots. I didn't take a picture of the clone tops but they are nice and green, no wilting.

IMG_225814.JPG

In all honesty it is hard to determine the difference in plants being under the T5 and being under the LEDs. In that I mean is this growth typical of Week 5 or is it the LEDs. Luckily I have some clones brewing that I can run a side by side on maybe next grow. I will say there is some power as anything closer than 24" to the LEDS will burn the leaves. I had several spots that looked as if pests ate the crap out of my plants. It was just water drops from Wednesday's watering that the LEDs fried the leaves. On Wednesday I also tried to do some clean up of the lower canopy. A majority of the baby growth from week 4 is now clone worthy. All of the undergrowth is catching up. So I just tied the plants down real nice to get more light. It seems the LEDs are getting to that lower canopy so good light penetration. I don't think the T5 could have done that.
IMG_224520.JPG

Betty
IMG_224816.JPG

Lucy
IMG_224724.JPG

Foxy
IMG_224617.JPG

Foxy has impressed me thus far. She showed her sex early whether it be stress or covenience, has fallen out of her pot, her clones are the first to root... Her stems are thick and strong.

IMG_225116.JPG
IMG_224916.JPG
IMG_225020.JPG

Part of me wanted to pull her out and make her a mother plant as she has really good clones. I will just be sure to pull all the clones I can before the 16th, my goal date for flower.

Also, GB80 if you want any clones from Foxy let me know. She looks like she will be the first to really root and she is confirmed female. My other clones are still in question, waiting for them to be transplanted to RSC and thrown in the dark.

Thanks! Let me know how many you want, I'll keep them coming. When I get back from Chicago I'm going to pop those seeds you gave me along with the Humboldt Blue Dream. I hope to get mother's out of those by the time I set up another grow tent for veg.

I'm anxious to see how the earth juice works out. I've been using Fox Farms products other than the CaMg but I haven't tried anything else.

I got it because I want to try soil again... well more like hybrid I guess. Half soil, half coco and try natural nutes. If I like it, I'll try organic, if not... guess its coco and synthetic nutrients from then on. :thumb:

I'll take 2 clones if you don't mind. I think I can get you one clone from my afgooey/cheese (GooChee). It's time to top it anyway. Hit me up Sunday when you get some time. I'll be busy today and tomorrow with my daughter's birthday. But good Sunday or Monday. Thanks Griz!

For sure! Let me get some good roots on these. When they are ready you can come on over, with your medium if you want, to go straight from aerocloner. I'll give you a call Sunday, have fun with the Princess!

GB80, I'm so baked. That Blue Dream is awesome! We packed a nice size bowl yesterday and I like to try and vape the bowl igniting from just the heat off the flame. I got enough heat for the bowl to get a little cherry on the corner, 8 good size hits later, corner still cherry, nothing else. Fire wouldn't go out but it wouldn't burn away either, it was like a never ending bowl. So today on lunch break I go grab the 3/4 bowl, 2 hits later I'm baked for the next 4 hours.

Still tweaking the review from that bowl yesterday. I have to review the forum policies to see what I can and can't say regarding things that can happen when a person smokes your Blue Dream with their significant other.

Hurry up with that review Griz!!
:nomo::bitingnails::bitingnails::bitingnails:

Quick Update:

This week I'm heading to Chicago for a few days. My wife and I are driving from Colorado to Chicago for her "Tweet Up", some social media thing. My aunt, who raised me most of my child hood, died from cancer last month and I wanted to use this trip to pay my respects in Iowa on the way back. Personally I don't want to go. My wife's "trips" never end good for me as I end up paying for everything and I hope that does not include coming home to all my plant work down the drain. My mother in law lives half a block away and will make sure the plants are watered. Everything should be fine, chances of things going wrong are slim....except this is my wife's trip so chances of things going wrong are increased.

SO, my apologies for some delayed promises. On top of this, I cancelled cable who sent me boxes with no UPS labels to return the equipment. In their delay to send me labels billed me $300 for the equipment. Needless to say they already owe me over $500 for unauthorized fees so I do not want to pay the equipment fees then deal with it later. Instead I will deal with it when I get back resulting in no internet until I get home from Chicago. I'm trying to catch up with all the 420 related things from work at the same time doing lots of job work since I won't be here Friday. UGH

Well Griz, I am late to the show but caught up and I must say, things are looking good Mate :thumb:

Also looking forward to your review of the Blue Dream, it is one of the strains on my ever growing "wish list" LOL

Thank you, not late at all, next week things should get fun when they go into flower, if they survive my being gone haha! I should take some more pictures tonight. They are really taking to the LEDs now. I'm keeping the LEDs at 24" and expect them to be close to 20" when I get back so that should be perfect as it gets them ready to go 18" in a week or so.

I will make it a priority to thumb-drive that Blue Dream review tonight when I get home and post it tomorrow. I'm too stubborn to just settle with the cable company, I like time to duke it out, argue and walk away with free channels and some gift cards haha.

Just some quick pics of current status.

Watered, fed, clones taken, tied down. Tray with clones in red cups transferred 9-5 and 9-8 from clones cut 8/27. Clones with yellowing leaves in cloner are remaining clones from 8/27, I ran out of cups. I'm going to leave them in the cloner until I return. They have good roots I just want to see how far I can go out of curiosity. I also took some new clones of the unsexed plants just in case.

IMG_227018.JPG

For those that like pink
IMG_227119.JPG

IMG_227213.JPG

Looking good Griz!
:thumb:

I hope mother in law gives them some love while you're away.

Back
Top Bottom