ColoradoGriz's First Grow - LED - Soil - Bag Seed

Do you make awesome bass music?!

Are you referring to my music back in the late 90's? I quit that after I went back in the Army after 9/11.

If you are able to drop your RH to about 45% or so and keep temps lower than normal during the last week of bloom this will boost tich development. 24 to 72 hours of dark period before chop is also said to give an additional boost but it seems that lower RH and temps in the final days before harvest are the two key factors.

I've heard of others raising their lights a bit during the final days in order to help lower canopy temps but I've also read that increasing UV light levels in the final days should boost trich development. Like many other things cannabis related there are differing theories and not a lot of true studies to back up any of the theories.

Harvest tip for you -
To optimize flavor I suggest that you harvest your girls in the dark before the lights turn on. During dark period the starches are concentrated in the root system. As soon as the lights turn on these starches begin to migrate from the roots into the top growth. Less residual starches will result in a smoother tasting smoke.

Best of luck with a happy harvest bro!

Those are some 5 star tips man!

Tracking says I should have my lights on Thursday, I'm stoked they were so quick. Right now I have had great control over my RH with little effort. Three LED reflectors are still going to create more heat than my 8 bulb T5 so I'll have to make some adjustments.

Nah there's a guy who makes beats I like under the name Griz. He also lives in Colorado. New skool stuff.

Nope not me, I'm the original :thumb:

Original Griz in Da' House!! :tommy::party::slide:

I'm pretty stoked as I received my Aerocloner yesterday and my (3) Mars Hydro 144x5 Reflectors arrived at my office today.

I'm still at work so I will take some photos when I get home.

Contemplating a new journal for the clones I will take tonight.

Yesterday was watering day so I made 4 Gallons of nuted water at 6.3 PH. Grow Big, Big Bloom, Boomerang, Microbe Brew, and some CaMg. It wasn't enough. Made another 4 gallons. Lucy, the bushiest was drooping before she was fed but I think regular feeding days of Wed and Saturday are over. LEDs are probably going to make the girls thirstier than being under the T5 and they are all, kind of growing differently and showing different needs.

The 7 Gallon pots are pretty hefty when watered so plants are now on the floor. I don't mind lifting, I just don't trust the shelf. I'm glad the LEDs showed up because raising that T5 to give me head room then lowering it to just 3" above the plants was going to get on my nerves. At least the LEDs are higher above the canopy and I can see my plants and don't have as far to raise the lights.

Woohoo!! Good to hear that your lights arrived. Time for a happy dance!
:party:

I'm at the point where it's best to keep my mouth closed and ears open. So many things to learn just when you thing you have everything under control, the obvious smacks you in the face. I love learning from experience so all is good.

Nothing has gone wrong, that I know of, just making some observations.

Grow tent: I never understood the necessity of those side windows until you get everything in your grow tent. opening up those side windows are easier to get in the back corners, not just to open and look at your grow. I thought it was good that the fans created enough air in my tent to actually blow a nice gust out the exhaust port. Not necessarily a good thing because that means hot air sits until it is forced out. Yes, I need to go get an exhaust fan to pull that hot air out.

IMG_218019.JPG

I got my lights hung up 26" last night on a 24/0 schedule. For some reason I thought these lights daisy chained, my timer has only two jacks, and I was short an extra power strip to run the 3 lights to the timer. Other options yea but none that allowed me to run 18/6 and have all my fans running 24/0.

IMG_218121.JPG
IMG_218213.JPG

Okay pink is cool but lets cover the camera with my LED glasses

IMG_218319.JPG

So I zipped everything up to see how high the temps would get. Temps got to 88 RH 46. I don't like it that high but again it's a result of hot air not being sucked out. I opened the flaps and will check the temps when I get home. I'm guessing they will be @78.

I received my cloner and took some clones the other day, they are looking good so far.

IMG_217815.JPG
IMG_217916.JPG

Some of the clones look small as most of my branches are really long or really short, 1 inch has to stick out the bottom while the collar is 3/4" so a 4" cutting sticks up like only 2".

I took a bunch as Foxy is a female and some extra clones to throw in the dark after they root to find out what sex the other two plants are.

I hadn't noticed that you didn't have an exhaust fan. This is something that you'll definitely need. You're girls are looking nice and healthy. They're going to love the new rays.

I hadn't noticed that you didn't have an exhaust fan. This is something that you'll definitely need. You're girls are looking nice and healthy. They're going to love the new rays.

At first I was treating an exhaust fan as something that I needed when it started getting too stinky. Now I get it. :idea:

Another good day, three in a row. Thanks Herbies!

IMG_219922.JPG

Great marketing Humbolt! The box is worthy of the Blue Dream Seeds.

IMG_220119.JPG
IMG_220423.JPG
IMG_220319.JPG

Awesome! It's been Christmas in August at your hacienda too.

I'm anxiously waiting on my Blue Dream pack to arrive as well. Hopefully it will be included with my next parcel.
Unfortunately all of my seeds need to be removed from the breeders packs in order to get them through customs so I won't be getting the cool box. Actually since I ordered more than one Humbolt strain I won't be getting the boxes (plural). Fudge!!!

I've heard good things about Samsara. Will you plan to grow out the Holy Grail?

Awesome! How long ago did you order?

Ordered last Saturday so really less than a week since I received the notification it shipped on Monday. Not bad at all!

Awesome! It's been Christmas in August at your hacienda too.

I'm anxiously waiting on my Blue Dream pack to arrive as well. Hopefully it will be included with my next parcel.
Unfortunately all of my seeds need to be removed from the breeders packs in order to get them through customs so I won't be getting the cool box. Actually since I ordered more than one Humbolt strain I won't be getting the boxes (plural). Fudge!!!

I've heard good things about Samsara. Will you plan to grow out the Holy Grail?

I think I will now that you had me look into it, sounds worth a try for sure!

:thumb:

Hey Griz, what else are you growing in there? I see peppers and some herbs but not sure what the big one is.

That big one is a sunflower. I grew it in the middle so the big leaves would naturally shield the other greens below that don't like too much light. Sunflowers can take a lot of light so I liked how it worked out. Rosemary, a few different basils, mixed greens, garlic and oregano. The rosemary and garlic have kept the pests at bay. I need to go get some food for the peppers as they are just producing flowers right now. My wife started the greens then decided the growing was my thing. I've just been keeping them going but did move them out of the 5x5 and stuck them up on the bench under a T5. Getting the 5x5 ready.

On another note you sir, have a gift. The BD was smooth, euphoric, and mental. Mental in that I am mentally functional above normal. It's very Buddhist in that it makes me think before I speak and thus sometimes I say nothing because it was best left unsaid. Definitely a day smoker as I smoked it last night to watch some TV and it gave me restless legs with means I was anxious from just sitting. I smoked it this morning and can't stay in my seat. It was easy to tell which buds they were because they smell like blueberries. Tastes great.

Back
Top Bottom