ColoradoGriz's First Grow - LED - Soil - Bag Seed

Looking great Griz! If I can make a suggestion, if you cut the fan leaves of your clones to about the size of a quarter, you will have more room in your cloner and they will tend to stand up straighter(less weight). Love pink, my favorite thing is pink! :thumb:

Thanks for the review bro!
GB80

Edit: ok, I see you did it to a few... disregard :)

The ones in the Red Solo Cups? You are right. I did an experiment since I had so many and the aerocloner was working well. I took clones ranging from 2" - 6", some leaves cut to quarter, some all leaves on, some all leaves off but the new tops. All the ones in Red Solo Cups were those that showed roots in a week. So the variety demonstrates that none of that really mattered. What I did notice with the ones that rooted but rooted slower, was bruising around the 45 degree slice. So really it came down to a nice clean razor sharp cut. As far as being able to stand on their own, most of the longer cuttings I took had good stems but even that didn't effect the root development in the cloner. Scraping the stems also had little to no affect and I just used water PHd to 5.8-6.0. I only transferred them to cups because I felt they were hungry for more than water and I didn't want to add anything to the water that might clog the misters.

Looking good Griz!
:thumb:

I hope mother in law gives them some love while you're away.

I have an awesome Mother in Law! Granted I am 15 years older than my wife so Mom In Law is close to my age and we get along great. She does a lot of gardening so I'm sure she will do okay. I set out 6 Gallons of bottled RO water, so she doesn't have to do anything but pour and not knock over the tent or pull down the lights. I looked at my plants this morning and one was a little clawed so I know they have more than enough water and even if the pots get a little dry by Saturday, Mom will water Saturday night before I get back.

All this Blue Dream talk has me wanting some. A few years back a buddy had some and Ole Lady Blue Dream is a game changer. She took me to a new level mentally, in a good way. Mmmmm....

Have a good trip Griz.

Hey Griz, have a safe trip and try to enjoy yourself.

Have fun Griz!! Girls look beautiful and I'm sure Moms got you covered.

:high-five:

All this Blue Dream talk has me wanting some. A few years back a buddy had some and Ole Lady Blue Dream is a game changer. She took me to a new level mentally, in a good way. Mmmmm....

Have a good trip Griz.

Thanks guys! I got back in one piece and I can tell you it's not fun driving across 3 Marijuana unfriendly states with Colorado Plates. Got pulled over once but without altercation.

Got back at 1227hrs and went straight to the plant room. I had such a great time in Chicago I would have taken bad news with a grain of salt.

Foxy is shedding a lot of leaves. She has a lot of green growth and the leaves that were shed seemed to be sucked dry of nutes and naturally discarded. The plants look great and I will add photos tonight when I clean them up.

Clones: The Red Solo Cup clones are all thriving. New growth and they look great. I wanted to thin the herd but they all look so good the selection is going to be tough.

Clones: Aerocloner. Wow. I need to go buy more Red Solo cups lots of root development.

I'm going to give them some Open Sesame tomorrow or Wednesday, flush them with some Sledgehammer on Saturday and move them to flower.

Thoughts on that? Should I feed and wait a whole week for flush before I put into flower?

Good to hear that the trip went well AND you returned to a happy garden. Double good news!
:high-five:

I'd keep feeding them veg nutes till you see flowers forming, then switch to flower nutes. The extra week of nitrogen will help them along.
Welcome back!
GB80

Thanks! Well I just modifed Fox Farms Soil Schedule by extending week 3 of nutes to weeks 4 and 5. So Week 6, current, I'm treating like week 4 of the original schedule which adds Open Sesame 5-45-19 to the nutes to promote flower growth before the week going into flower.

Post-Trip Update

I took all the plants out of the tent and cleaned the tent out. After mopping and getting all the dirt and dead leaves out of the tent I did some cleaning up of the plants themselves.

The plants, Foxy mostly, have been shedding leaves and it's being replaced by new growth. I untied them all hoping the freed branches will now get a little tougher given a chance to bend against the fans.

IMG_232211.JPG
IMG_232311.JPG
IMG_232514.JPG
IMG_232414.JPG

Man those girls are looking super sexy!!
:thumb::circle-of-love:
You should go out of town more often. :)

Man those girls are looking super sexy!!
:thumb::circle-of-love:
You should go out of town more often. :)

Maybe I should. It did teach me that I don't need to be monitoring 24/7 though. I think after a couple of harvests and I'm sitting pretty on a bunch of jars, I will ease up a little on the babysitting. It was tough enough this morning since I moved them to a 16 - 8 light schedule currently running 8 am to 12am. This means I can't check them in the am before I leave for work which drives me nuts. Eventually I will adjust the light schedule to run at a better time for me but last night I was pretty stoned and didn't feel like doing the math.

They look great! Super bushy. Just found this thread, but found it really fun so I'm on board. 1love!

Thanks and welcome to my first journal and first grow. I've never grown sideways before so the bushiness was unexpected but pretty fun to work with.

Hey GB80

You're awesome dude! I was thinking about the scrogco on the one I call Foxy (the very bottom photo). I think she looks like a great candidate, what do you think?

That would be about perfect. Just set the screen and throw her into flower. I'll get the Scrogco together and clean out the 4x4 for you. I'll bring over the 400 watt light also and if you want to try it out you can. If not, I'll get it back the next time I see you. Should be good to use it a couple months. I'm going to finish up the Lucy and put everything away till I buy a house.

Well whenever you are feeling the grow itch while you are house shopping, you can come by my house anytime bro. I hope to have more than enough weed to keep the wife happy, so whatever you need to keep making your oils, consider it yours.

Back
Top Bottom