Comapring two different types of LED panels.

topdeeni

Since I am hellbent determined to make LED's work for growing I decided to pit two different ones against each other.

They are both 12" x 12" panels, one of them is all blue while the other is blue and red. The catch here is the all blue panel is 12 volt and the red/blue panel is 24 volts with substantially larger LED's.

They both have very identical space, both plants are Bubbledust from GDS (the only difference is about a 18 hour age difference), both goiin on the same 18/6 schedule and I will attempt to water than identically (the 24v LED may require more waterings as it runs warmer.

Any input, guidance or suggestions to maximize the plant potential will B heeded; I am all to new at this but have the time and desire to dabble.

I'll keep y'all posted on how it progresses.

Topdeeni

I suggest more LEDs first of all. From what I know LEDs arent really used soley for growing, just as added spectrum. So as many as you can afford would be good.

SO far I am going to agree. Also a good part of the failure I am having is my inexpereince..for starters.

Seems to me the blue LED panel IS NOT giving nearly enuff light. The plant climbed up to it, fell over and it now werking its way back to the light. Also looks like the stalk never developed, it still looks like a root fora a good portion of it.

These guys had the exact same amount of love/abuse during this... other than the lighting they were treated equally.

any advice on how I should treat these, feed these, ect, ect would B appreciated.

Topdeeni

if a seedling is lanky its reaching for more light move it closer to the light [scrap 2x4 chunks make great cheap height adjusters for smaller pots]
when i get thin stalks i support it with a pipecleaner/florists wire/ solid house wiring wire bent in a 1/2- 1 inch circle around the stalk and pushed into the dirt/ grow media also placing a computer fan running of a 12volt power supply[ i uise motorcycle battery charger] near enough to make leaves stalk move slightly stress the plant into developing a thicker stalk

and it gets stronger for its height so it'll hold up bigger buds later on

hey does any one doing LED's have access to a light meter to getv a real output readingin lumens footcandles or PAR or micro einsteins

so folk would have a tech based reference point for these discussions
if i had a way/wheels i would take a light meter withn me when i traved down to HTGsupply [about 2-=3 hours away in car] and see if i could play with a sample LED panel

i might live cheap for a month or so to get one for the next cab imbuilding if so i will post light meter compaRISONS WITH
hps bulb

Back
Top Bottom