LED/CFL Grow Test-New LEDS

8435Femaleill-med.jpg

Thanks Bubba! I cut another bottom node off yesterday. I'm in the middile of flowering, but they were growing to the side, so I cut em and dried em :)

I am going to try and lower the leds today. I read they want them less then 12", but I still see spots at 12", but I will do it anyway, just to see if she is gonna get more height.

so why did you cut off the female flowers again?? I read you are drying them?? what for?? still very noobish dealing with growing my own stuff haha.

Just an experiment :)

I wanna see how many nodes should be cut (How far up) in order to get all the growth up the main stem. I should have done the last node at about 3 weeks with the other 2, but I let it go. If it goes the way I plan, I will be able to get 6-9 of these in a foot and 1/2 square.

I have also given it ground strawberry skins, and up until a few days ago, 11:15/12:45 light times.

The more this goes on, the more I think the LEDS are still too far away... Without proper dispersion, lux means nothing. In other words, the $1700 LED version is probably the only way to go, it covers an area 8x8 and uses 300watts.

I think they suck, or I need to try to move them up into the "light ring" zone. In other words, if I move them closer then 2 feet, I see little light rings on the plants, and that can't be good, but who knows.

I am looking at a much more expensive LED setup now, because I just know my next grow area is not gonna like the heat from HPS.

Honestly, I think the plant grew as well under this setup as it did under 21 cfls, so I have to say it was successful in cutting heat (A LOT) and cutting wattage in HALF. I guess you have to add, a LOT less noise, I didn't need near as much air movement, and that meant quieter fans.

Excellent work as usual, Boss.

Back
Top Bottom