LED Grow Journal

updates!

6 clones have transplanted. a couple didn't root (fast enough) and a couple were weak or otherwise bothersome. Plus I ran out of pots and real estate under my lamp...

One seedling was male and executed, the other two are female. woohoo!

My big clone has started last week of veg- today was the first dose of FF Open Sesame soluble + grow big.

the flowering plants are about to start munching beastie blooms. they are also doing beautifully, no pics this time though (my bad).
actually I kinda lied. Bushy (plant A I think? who named those buggers?) is kicking ass and Lanky is kinda sucking balls. Making buds, but skinny, branchy, and un-foliaged. you'll see what I mean soon.

thanks for all the comments- I'm pushing to see the big girls moved to 5gal buckets too.... also because I want my 3gal pots back. :ganjamon:

pic time!

FIRST UP: the champion clone! first pic is from a few days ago (dunno when) and next is a few hours ago.
DSC008831.JPG

DSC008883.JPG

The champ and the 4 healthiest clones (2 others and 2 seedlings off to the side under 2x42w CFLs in a reflecty domey thingy.)
DSC008841.jpg

DSC008851.jpg

The clones in their tent a while ago.... boring image I know.
DSC008781.JPG

My little SHEedling. (see what I did there?)
DSC008871.jpg

Old pics of stuff
DSC008801.jpg

DSC008792.JPG

DSC008811.jpg

thanks for the warning! I'm probably going to go visit my daughters this evening, and I promise I'll bring my camera this time!

quick question though: if Soil (in this case FF Ocean Forest) has lots of N in it already (hence no feeding for first two weeks) is using this soil to fill out a transplant to a bigger container bad in late veg / flowering? or will the plant ignore the extra N and just love the new space?

looks real good what did you do with the LEDs you could put them vertical around your flower sector like light emiting walls
or even do a little clone/ small veg chamber 16" x 30" x 2ft high

that would fit a standard greenhouse flat heck you could do that in some kitchen cabinets or even a prototype cardboard box
stapled to 1x 2 wood inner frame easy to rig with 12 v computer fans

CFLs don't penetrate as deeply into your canopy as HPS or MH
or CMH lights do so that lumen boost from panels on the side

might make a big diffeerence in your lower and middle buds

just a thought beats just having them sit and if you put LEDs on 3 sides only on the right or left you would be able to compare
the sides against each other

you are almostalways better off mixing fert and nutes weaker than
suggested to prevent overfeed/poisoning of your plants
easiest way to consistantaly do this is add 2 cups water to every gallon of mix

thanks for the advice zolar- we've discussed adding the LED's as light emitting walls (LEWS) but kinda got apathetic. thanks though!
currently, my lights are as follows: 2x42w CFL for clones in the humidity dome, 4 2 foot HO T5 tubes (2blue, 2red) for vegging plants, and flowering elsewhere under 400W of HPS light. 5400lumes to 10000lumens to 50000 lumens. seems to be working well.

OK so update time.
My champion clone has been cloned and moved to the flowering room. after a week under the HPS was moved from the 2.6L square pot to a 3gal round pot.
cut 3 branches off of the bottom, made 5 clones, none have rooted yet. all still healthy however. as a sidenote, clone is still hard to water, and still branches less than 1" from soil line. crazy bugger. (really want at least 1 clone to root- I like this genetic!)

as far as the 2 big plants that were flowering: lanky sucked and was taking up space, so we euthanized her after 4 or 5 weeks of flower. still cut the buds, but they suck and stuff. still completely fine though- bushy is LOVING her fox farms diet (incl. solubles), and is tipping over under her own weight. also, she seems excited to see her clone daughter again before she passes, which we estimate as 2 weeks from now. (=8weeks total flower)
though we finally obtained a 5gal pot, the decision was made to not transplant her 2 weeks before harvest. clone will likely move to the 5 from it's current 3 in a few weeks.

veg closet is great, not many pics this update but I have 6 healthy clones and this WIERD seedling. showed sex a few weeks ago, and is now budding and starting to get slightly frosty under 18 hours of light, and remains less than 12" tall. did I end up with a ruderalis cross? is moving this seed to 12/12 going to be beneficial or detrimental? should I switch to a low N fert?

ok, enough text. MANY many pictures, from over the last 2 weeks or so.
enjoy, thanks, and :peace:

I'm doing these as mini-series, can you tell?
here is a set of the clone.
sorry for HPS shots.
can't be messin with my photocycle...

HPIM0267.JPG

HPIM0248.JPG

HPIM0247.JPG

and now, that ones mother! my flowering goddess, 6 weeks into flower, 7 months old (bad childhood) but now beautiful, and hopefully soon a grandmother, as well as an excellent producer (still in the hopeful part- but yeah!)
still sorry about the hps shots...

HPIM0246.JPG

HPIM02681.JPG

HPIM0249.JPG

HPIM0245.JPG

HPIM0254.JPG

HPIM0255.JPG

HPIM0257.JPG

HPIM0258.JPG

note my thumb in bottom left corner of below picture for size (and professionalism) reference
HPIM02691.JPG

HPIM02701.JPG

unsure about the next two pics...
HPIM0253.JPG

HPIM0271.JPG

ok almost done.
a flower room overview shot
a veg closet shot
a clone shot
a flowering vegging seedling (?) shot
and stuff.
thanks for tuning in.
:peace:

HPIM02661.JPG

DSC009002.JPG

DSC008911.JPG

DSC008991.JPG

so yeah, I took some more pictures.

what should I do with the flowering vegging clone? is 12 hours of light good or bad? should I start leaning toward PK instead of N? it is some bagseed.... know nothing about it.

current veg overview shot
current weird flowerinbg vegging plant pics
current clone pics

overview!
DSC009011.JPG

weird seedling- flowering under 18 hours of light and a grow big diet,
DSC009022.JPG

DSC009031.JPG

weird plant has a weird stem
DSC009061.JPG

clones one week old
DSC009041.JPG

thanks man- the led's were fun, but not cut out for this sort of thing.

has anyone ever seen a plant flower like the short vegging one? makes me think of lowryder, but I've never grown strain, and this is just another bagseed.
it is getting big bloom and grow big with 18 hours of light, and making buds. leaves are getting frosty. would moving this to a 12/12 cycle be beneficial or detrimental? a flowering nutrient schedule is likely in order, yes? never seen anything like this.

thanks, take it easy, :peace:

Back
Top Bottom