Cultivator's NinthPlanet LED 4400W

Hi Cult,

Time has come for me to put my plant into Flower after 6-7 week veg. So i was wondering if you could help me answer a couple of questions mate. Thanks

Do you think its a good idea to give the plant a decent Flush before i give it the bloom nutrients? if so...then how much water should i pass through a 15 litre pot. Obviously the plan is to get rid of what ever is in there. Been feeding it 1100 ppm for a good part of the Veg time cycle with the Auto pot gravity feed system.

Should i hand feed this time or should i use the reservoir? The reason i ask is because as being a novice i created a 30 litre mixture in my 47 litre res thinking that it will be just about right :yikes: and now i am finding that during the whole of six weeks the plant has probably only taken 10 -15 litre of feed, so the rest is going to get wasted. What i would like to know is how much mixture do you think i should make this time around as the ppm numbers will change every week.

Sorry for asking noob questions mate....still finding my feet in this whole game.

Thanks Bro. Appreciate it

that doesnt seem like alot of feed that a plant has taken in 6 weeks. is the medium wet constantly? Pictures would help. Theres no need to flush when flip, that could cause more harm than good. also 1100ppm is high for veg plants. what is your water ppm/ec? what exactly have you been putting in the mix.

Thanks for the reply.

If i pinch a little coco between my fingers it shows moisture. The ppm of my RO water is 19 but i may have gone overboard with Cal/Mag when i created the 30 litre mixture. i used 350 ppm of cal mag because my plant was showing deficiencies, some drops of super thrive, canna A+B but i made sure i use 1/3 of the dosage amount suggested on the back of the bottles. Some how my mixture ended up with 1080 ppm.

The Plant has been doing really well surprisingly. But today i will try to use what you suggested for week one of Flower feeding. Pics below of my plants and stuff im feeding/going to feed.

20161022_140125.jpg

20161022_140224.jpg
20161022_140143.jpg
20161022_140235.jpg
20161022_140244.jpg
20161022_140350.jpg

20161022_140652.jpg

When you say prune.....What should i prune exactly? I have been removing leaves from the bottom part of the plant everyday. Should i remove fan leaves that are shading others?

In regards to the feeding....i will create 5 litre mixtures every week and feed through the reservoir. That will be sufficient i think.

Regards

clean up the bottom 1/3 of the plant. remove the fanleaves and all small branches and little growth nodes so that the bottom 1/3 is completely bare. you can take up to 2 1/3s off but your plant is small. dont be afraid to remove anything, the plants are healthy and will take it. worst case you take too much off and have to add another week of veg but thats not necessarily a bad thing. Pruning will allow more air to flow through the plant and concentrate all of the flowering to the tops of the plant which will create more weight and makes harvesting much easier.

5litres per week in feed doesnt sound much to me. what size pot is that? Get some great white mycorrhizae and add 1/2 scoop to the plant with its nutes, you will need to top feed as the mycorrhizae will clog your res. Make sure you allow the coco to dry between feeds, not so dry that the plants wilt but if feeding 1x per day the pot should be light to lift before each feed.

I think you would be better off hand feeding if thats possible for you. Its better because you will have to check the plant daily and will make you more aware of what the plant can take feed wise. Its possible if the coco has been a little too damp that you have had poor root development. did you put pebbles in the bottom of your pot? when bottom feeding you want a barrier between the coco and the tray because if the feed takes a long time to absorb the bottom becomes over saturated and roots die off and cause root rot. It doesnt look like you have root rot but that is a small plant for 6 weeks veg.

So i would have a big prune and really open up the plant and i'd allow it to dry more between feeds. Add the mycorrhizae. Maybe get a small bottle of carboload and add it once per week to feed the myco. It will mean vegging another week but 1 week wont make a difference in time really but it will make a difference to the end product.

20160128_211728.jpg

20160324_115219.jpg

i thought i had more images in my gallery, i probably do but theres alot of pictures to scroll through. But this will give you an idea. Just be sure that if you do prune that you do it all at once, its much less stressful for the plants.

Also the top plants were mothers and they took a heavy beating, that is just to give you an idea, dont take that much off your plants.

Thanks for the explanation.

I have decided to skip the bottom feeding method and use top feeding. I have pruned the plant as you advised. It's looking a lot better. I will order the Great White now and also veg for another week just to be on the safe side.

I added grow stones to the bottom of the 15 litre pot along with the airdome. The airdome has been running from the beginning. Something tells me it might not be doing what it's suppose to be.

I did realise that some roots are poking out of the bottom of the pot. Thought that the black mesh and the gold mesh was suppose to stop that happening.

Anyhow I have placed the pot inside a bucket which is keeping the pot above any touching surface. This will help collect any run offs and keep the roots safe

I think a 2 litre feed from the top everyday will be sufficent.

Cheers mate.

bcd5f52c0e56731867f91fdabececd7d.jpg

74dec26592c35b749425bdea9d354959.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910F using 420

that looks better, id have taken a little more off but thats ok. The plant looks healthy. Remind mE what light you havE on it ?. put the plant back into the tray, that will be fine. no need to catch run off because there shouldnt be any. The coco looks wet to me so let it dry out tonight. if you can feed plants 30mins after lights come on each day that is ideal, it doesnt have to be exact but the plants like consistency with feeds. start on 1 litre daily. a 15 litre pot should take 2 litres daily easily and it will. get the great white powder in and id advise you to add carboload once per week. that will keep the bacteria alive and means you dont need to keep adding it. then roots will really start to explode, especially first 2 weeks of flower.

you want to keep your nute bill down as you only growing 1 plant but we will get you a beautiful heavy yielding, quality plant.

i would advice using a scrog net or trellis for a single plant to maximise results.

Great Advice. Thanks

I have a shity little mars hydro 48 reflector. I believe it uses 105 watts from the wall and is suppose to be a 150 w HPS equal. Still searching for a light that is better then what I have.

I have added the carboload to the list.

The light comes on at 3.00 am in the morning and goes off at 9.00 pm so feeding it that early will be an difficult task. I will set a time for it so that I feed it every 24 hr cycle.

Cheers bud.

ok for now just feed when it suits you but when you flip go 7pm-7am or something like that to make it easy.

Now i understand why you vegged 6 weeks lol. what size tent you using? i always recommend 600w per meter square minimum. all this 100w from wall and 150w equal is bollocks. 100w is 100w. LED manufacturers mislead people alot. my panels draw 1100w from the wall, it not a 1600w hps equivalent, if it were they would give 1600grams per light. its bullshit. your max yield with that light will be 100grams, a shame when 1 plant can produce 16oz under 600w hps..... food for thought mate.

Lol. I know mate. Was trying desperately to have as many bud sites as possible. Now after topping I have as many as 20 bud sites.

I have 70 cm x 70 cm x 160 cm tent. Only because I am short of space.

Been looking at budmaster GOD or COB series but wow money is crazy. I think one time investment will be a good idea. HPS lights are costly In terms of electricity so not going to invest in anything like that.

If i would have spoken to you before I started purchasing equipment I would have given more importance to lights big time.

your mislead mate. firstly 600w is 600w no matter how you say it and thats the same like for like draw from any electrical appliance.

Its a real small tent that and height issues would be a problem with any light that would yield. did you watch the vid i posted a few pages back?

You have what you have now so you need to make what you have work. So much bad info out there, people will argue till they are blue in the face that their led is better or this way to grow is better but most of them have a few grows behind them at most. Im not the world voice on growing weed but ive grown many many thousands of plants successfully, i know what im talking about believe me.

1 600w light would cost you around 8quid per week to run, multiply that by 12, thats 96quid a grow on electric plus a fan so lets say £120 max. if you return a mere 10oz which is valued between £140-£200 per oz in uk, thats a minimum return of £1400. or a saving of double that if you buy weed in deals. Therefore it makes sense to upgrade. Ofcourse it cost more money to upgrade so thats a factor also. If you are going to upgrade or buy more equipment just ask me what i would do in a given space, its up to you if you take the advice but please trust me when i say i know what im talking about.

I get really annoyed by bad advice, especially from people with under 10 grows behind them. Now thats not to say those individuals cant have valid points and info to share but any time some one tells you to do something ask them how many times they have done it and show their results. Ive been a member here 7 years and this is the first real bad grow ive shown...... I show the good and the bad. People are easily brainwashed by marketing and ive seen people trying to push LED or whatever after 1 or 2 grows, they probs dont know any better but what can you know after a couple of grows really? Im still learning after around 15 years growing.....

Anyway rant over. Plants look healthy now and it makes sense why they arent taking nutes. only give them 500ml daily, be sure the pot is light before you feed again, get it so you feed daily but do not keep them wet.

Well so far I have been following your grow and expertise. So it only makes sense to follow someone with your experience.

What type of 600w HPS are you using and what height tent would you suggest?

I watched the video you posted and it all makes sense now.

You want minimum 2m height, that will give you good scope to adjust light and also increase volume of grow area for more airflow which means the plants get more CO2.

I use Dual Spec HPS start to finish usually. When I say start to finish I mean with rooted clone or seedling, I like to start those under CFLs. Sunmaster 600w duels spec are fine. Dont go for red spectrum, only use those the last 4 weeks of flower. Duels give good solid results. Some training of plants are required as Duels do cause plants to stretch but Id train plants regardless. Stretch isnt always a bad thing either. You could go for an LED also like a 600w Ninthplanet Titan, they give great results also but they are way more expensive to buy and set up. LED and HPS level each other out in the end. They use the same electricity like for like. LEDs last longer and cost more, HPS bulbs need replaced. Some LEDs produce more weed but i think its easier to learn and start with HPS, thats just my opinion. You can guarantee results with a cheap HPS set up, if you want to go LED I can give you a few options that will cost you more initially but give results.

Hi Cult, I have two sunmaster 600w metal halide lamps for veg and two 600w 400v hps for flowering. I'm interested in what you said above about only using the red or hps bulb for last 4 weeks of flowering. I had planned to use the hps for the full 8 week flowering. Would you recommend that I continue with the metal halide lamps during the first 4 weeks of flower then swap to my hps for the last 4 weeks.

Thanks.

Just found a sunmaster 600w kit ballast lamp and shade from eBay at 95 quid. Mind you the spectrum for the lamps seems different compared to the LED. Seems a lot lower in the blue and red region.

Do I need to provide any cooling for the light. Seems a lot of people tend to use some sort of cool air running through them.

Those ninth planet LED's look fantastic but I'm afraid way out of my budget. Maybe in the future once I have made some dosh out of my grows.

Hi Cult, I have two sunmaster 600w metal halide lamps for veg and two 600w 400v hps for flowering. I'm interested in what you said above about only using the red or hps bulb for last 4 weeks of flowering. I had planned to use the hps for the full 8 week flowering. Would you recommend that I continue with the metal halide lamps during the first 4 weeks of flower then swap to my hps for the last 4 weeks.

Thanks.

use the hps for full flowering cycle mate. Its been a while since i used MH bulbs, i do like them but for me it doesnt make sense to buy different bulbs. When you flip just go the the hps and you will be good.

Just found a sunmaster 600w kit ballast lamp and shade from eBay at 95 quid. Mind you the spectrum for the lamps seems different compared to the LED. Seems a lot lower in the blue and red region.

Do I need to provide any cooling for the light. Seems a lot of people tend to use some sort of cool air running through them.

Those ninth planet LED's look fantastic but I'm afraid way out of my budget. Maybe in the future once I have made some dosh out of my grows.

yeah you will need to cool the space. i wouldnt run a 600w in that tent though, it will cause head aches for sure. you could get a 1x1x2m tent for flower using the 600w and use the smaller tent to start a plant for vegging.

You can use cooltube or just extract with a normal dutch style shade. as long as you are exchanging the air min 4xmin you should be good.

Thanks for the advice cult, i will do the hps through the full flowering period. spot on! i'll look into getting the full spectrum bulbs when the time comes to replace them. I'm hoping i don't get heat issues in my 2.1x2.4 tent with 2 x 600w burning away.

Sad to read the plants have been binned. It was only a matter of weeks ago that they were looking awesome. Just shows how fast things can turn around and go sour in this game. even for you pros.

As you have said in previous journals " The show must go on" I look forward to your next round.

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom