Cultivator's NinthPlanet LED 4400W

Ok so after careful consideration I have decided to go for a Mars hydro 192 (400+ watts from the wall) reflector led. It will just about fit in my tent so I am happy with that. Also price wise it's the cheapest I can find for that sort of wattage.

The reason behind the LED against the HPS is because I want to be descreet when it comes to ventilation. I cannot run an extraction fan for a HPS light because of the neighbours and the busy area I live. I am not running one currently. For the smell I have decided to use the ONA gel placed outside the room.

The LED might be a wee bit too much for my tent but I will use a scrog and maybe some super croping to tame the plant.

Let's see how things turn out. This setup may or may not work but with my current situation it's sounds perfect for the moment especially with the feeding regime that Cultivator advised on. Only time will tell

Wish me luck lads...Many Thanks for the advice. You don't know how much I appreciate it.

Sent from my SM-N910F using 420

mate you need extraction no matter what light you use so the plant can breathe, the only time you wouldnt extract would be in a sealed room situation.

Ona gel wont mask the smell of the plant mate, not when its in full flower and when you harvest it will absolutely stink. Ona helps a little when you put it into the ductwork of your extraction but standing a jar outside the tent will do nothing, trust me.

Understood.

So keeping the tent open won't help with the breathing? I have the window open slightly but am covering the window with a thick black cloth so no light comes in. The grow tent is in a room and I was thinking of placing the gel outside of the actual room.

There is definitely some smell at the moment but we only get a whiff of it when we open the door to the room.

It's the opening underneath the door which is my concern.

I guess when I start flowering then we will find out how bad it is and then invest in extraction.

Cheers bud.

Well.....the house is rented and I really don't want to start making holes. But what I might do is get a small extractor unit and run it out of the window. The tent is situated very close to the window anyway.

Do these extractor units make a lot of noise?

So ive rescued 6 plants and ive spent the last several hours chopping them. Theres some nice bits of bud in there. Humidity is running at 90% where i live now and even with dehumidifiers its proving difficult to keep it under 60RH. Someone def wants me to fail this one lol.

I might just bite the bullet and get around to renovating the property and upgrade the power consumption so i can build a good sized sealed room. I just dont have the energy to work at the moment, I have some surgery to get through in a couple of weeks and if i feel better after that i will get it done.

The Easyfeed set up should be here in the next day or so, so i will get that set up and running before i head back to the UK. Im torn as to whether or not to run the LEDs here again, installing RO would def remedy the issue i think. As long as i keep the canopy lower in a scrog. what to do? Problem is my water consumption is high already and its a precious resource here and i dont want to waste 500litres + of water per week from RO waste.

Well you definitely know that the lights have the power you need. Scrog will certainly help in my little experience.

I buy RO water from my local Aquarium shop at about £2.50 for 25 litres. Not sure if you can source it from Spain. I'm sure you can. Might be worth looking into that.

Hope your surgery goes well mate. Wish you all the best. We need you all well to keep us excited about the next grow. Health comes first fella.

Well done on managing to rescue 6, that's certainly better than none. They certainly not making it easy for you, that's for sure.

Sounds like you've got a few options and things to think about in moving forward at that property. Can't wait to see you get those lights up and see what they can really do once you've got everything dialled in. They was looking amazing up until the bad news too. This new system sounds awesome too.

All the best with the surgery in a couple of weeks too mate and I wish you a super speedy recovery. You'll be back on top of your A game in know time!!

Cult, i have a rain water collection system in the house and a big reservoir if you wanna invest that is what you invest in for water, my rain water, is at 10ppms from res and after nutes most of the time no need for ph it comes out perfect, so just a thought you can burry the res underground... Best of luck :Namaste:

Heres what is left of the rescued plants. some of the bud is ok but most of it is just passable as average. Brutal how fast this crop went down hill but thats the way it goes sometimes.

GOPR0292.jpg

I will get some better pics up and a final weight once its finished drying.

So I managed to rescue a meagre 921grams dry from these plants. The weed is actually much better than I first thought and smells nice. Its just a bit ugly to look at but smoke wise is a very acceptable 7/10. Considering I thought i would lose the whole crop thats not bad.

I will get some pics up of the bud later on today.

Hey cult. Sorry you lost some of your crop. Do you know what went wrong? I went back but couldn't find it, I must have missed something.

I think the panels being too close the plants combined with terrible water killed them. I was away from this grow on and off so was relying on others to inform me of what was happening. Unfortunately they didnt clearly give me details of what was going on and by the time i got back to it most of the plants were dead or almost dead. I was lucky to rescue anything at all.

The bud looks scraggy to the eye but it actually smells really nice and smokes well which you wouldnt believe if you looked at it. i will def get some pics up tomorro, ive been busy building rooms all day so im just going to relax now because im in pain and im wiped out.

Once I get the pics up I will be finishing this journal up and concentrating on the new Easyfeed grow. Makes it easier to not make 100's pages for journals as its not so much for people to look through if they want to check back on it. I will try to get more detail into the next journal as well as i wasnt as thorough in this one.

Back
Top Bottom