Combining liquid and dry nutrients

Gardener022

I was wondering how many growers out there combine their liquid and dry nutrients? I also would like to know how you schedule them? I am in my 2nd week of flower and the white hairs are showing and I have defoliated my plants but I did not want to burn them. I use Botanicare Trio which is a base, grow, and bloom nutrient. Would it be ok to use azomite, crustacean meal, horticultural lime and bone meal to my feeding schedule without burning my plants. My reasoning behind this is to use this as a supplement. All comments welcomed.
IMG_0615.jpg

esWhats your soil mix??

Why did you defoil the WHOLE plant?
I am using Pro Mix and homemade compost. I had a lot of large fan leaves the size of my hand.
IMG_0686.jpg
I will show you a photo of the plants within the hour. Plants are doing fine. Since I am in flower I was asking if these supplements would help my grow.

Mmm, Ye baby I've ad da smoke 'n' this should make total sense :green_heart:

Well the use of azomite, crustacean meal, horticultural lime and bone meal etc etc etc that is what some may call as slow release but hortic lime which may go by other names in general buff's the soil growing medium towards PH 7 ( soil only please)

Not needed with brand name sizzle... most of the time !

So the above may be classed as amendments.

Liquid nutrients those are applied weekly if growing in soil.

Normally- (if you were going to mix the two which many organic growers would probably tell you is unnecessary) you’d use the organic stuff as a base and then supplement with the soluble nutes, not the other way around. But the question is sort of large so pretty hard to say ‘yes/no, do this/that’. If you just remove all the leaves then you won’t have to worry about it.... jk

Normally- (if you were going to mix the two which many organic growers would probably tell you is unnecessary) you’d use the organic stuff as a base and then supplement with the soluble nutes, not the other way around. But the question is sort of large so pretty hard to say ‘yes/no, do this/that’. If you just remove all the leaves then you won’t have to worry about it.... jk
Thank you very much that was the answer I was looking for. Now I know what to do when I start my organic grow. I am sorry that I did not express myself as clear as I should of.

It’s a big subject -but basically you’re talking about soluble bottled nutrients which are available instantly- vs organic ones which operate differently and are meant to be broken down by microbes over a longer term. There’s some overlap and also various complications.... :hmmmm:

Speaking more along the lines of outdoor growing.

If you are lucky enough to be able to put your plant(s) in the ground than the combination is a no brainer!!!

Place river gravel at the bottom, place the bottom layer of soil with flowering nutes, and place the top layer with soil that has vegging nutes. I like to place river gravel at the top for aesthetics and for keeping my racoon friends from digging up my plants. River gravel rocks and stuff. Problem with river gravel is that it gravel and that it is very heavy.

Only feed the plants if they look hungary. Remember a thirsty girl isn't necessarily a hungry girl. If you have to feed just because you'll lose sleep if you don't then use a natural fertilizer at say quarter strength.

Composting, composting, composting, with all natural ingredients and/or mixtures.

Look at soil like its your plant's home and then think about your home. How would you feel if you got the best security system in the world, but you got arrested when you tried to get into your house? Or if God put a giant boulder by your front door, because it looks pretty?

That would mind fork you and mess your day up.

So if you fork with your plant's home too much it is going mess them up.

I am using Pro Mix and homemade compost. I had a lot of large fan leaves the size of my hand.

Well it all depends on whats in your compost.

The way I see it is you want to grow organically but somehow you think you need to feed the plant.

You need to choose which one you want to feed: the plant or the soil.

Feeding the soil is the organic way and really the purpose of your compost, right??

If you wanna use the bottled and dry stuff may as well skip the compost and grow soil-less in peat moss (the promix stuff).

Peat moss - look for CSPM on the label and get the 100% CSPM product for 4x LESS coin that the 70% peat moss that is ProMix = made for landscapers (hence the name Pro).

IF your compost is worthy and it likely is, you could grow as is with water and maybe some kelp/ewc tea or even fish emulsion. Then IF your plants need something later then you can add more kelp/ewc tea and fish emulsion with a water only routine.

Of course all will be moot without leaves.

Pro Tip: Defoil under story not the whole plant. Fan leaves have more functions than you think. Suggest a good read on them before your next defoil.

There's another function leaves have that is important to us cannabis growers. They send growth regulator signals to the meristems to begin growing flowers. Thats what happens when we turn the lights back to 12/12. Its the leaves that send the signal to begin flowering. They are also sinks for energy and will release that stored energy back to the plant as she grows the flowers the leaves signaled her to grow.

Leaves are good. As the plants flowers mature those leaves will begin to fall off. Like they do on the trees in fall. Completely normal.

Link:

Leaf

Well it all depends on whats in your compost.

The way I see it is you want to grow organically but somehow you think you need to feed the plant.

You need to choose which one you want to feed: the plant or the soil.

Feeding the soil is the organic way and really the purpose of your compost, right??

If you wanna use the bottled and dry stuff may as well skip the compost and grow soil-less in peat moss (the promix stuff).

Peat moss - look for CSPM on the label and get the 100% CSPM product for 4x LESS coin that the 70% peat moss that is ProMix = made for landscapers (hence the name Pro).

IF your compost is worthy and it likely is, you could grow as is with water and maybe some kelp/ewc tea or even fish emulsion. Then IF your plants need something later then you can add more kelp/ewc tea and fish emulsion with a water only routine.

Of course all will be moot without leaves.

Pro Tip: Defoil under story not the whole plant. Fan leaves have more functions than you think. Suggest a good read on them before your next defoil.

There's another function leaves have that is important to us cannabis growers. They send growth regulator signals to the meristems to begin growing flowers. Thats what happens when we turn the lights back to 12/12. Its the leaves that send the signal to begin flowering. They are also sinks for energy and will release that stored energy back to the plant as she grows the flowers the leaves signaled her to grow.

Leaves are good. As the plants flowers mature those leaves will begin to fall off. Like they do on the trees in fall. Completely normal.

Link:

Leaf
Great information. Today a lot of questions have been answered, I do not feel so in the dark now as to speak.

Back
Top Bottom