Considering Hydroponics

igrow420710

Ive tried soil once, didnt really like it. I'd like to know more about what systems are available to me and which method may suit me.

Tried to do my own research but not really finding where to start.

Dwc is good. I also use an ebb and flow unit for flowering. I use dwc for seeds and clones. I guess it depends on how many plants you want to grow and whether you are using a tent or grow room. How much space you have. Mine is limited.

If you're considering moving to hydro from soil, might I suggest starting with drain to waste like coco or hempy buckets? DWC is great and grows some healthy plants but they require more maintenance and more equipment than DTW. Hempy buckets are the simplest of hydro methods - no moving parts and no air pumps or airstones - just a bucket filled with perlite with a hole 2" from the bottom - nothing simpler. Good luck.

Dwc is good. I also use an ebb and flow unit for flowering. I use dwc for seeds and clones. I guess it depends on how many plants you want to grow and whether you are using a tent or grow room. How much space you have. Mine is limited.

I have 1.2M X 1.2M X2M TENT.

my previous grow, my first, done with soil and had 5 plants. Im guessing i will go with 4.

If you're considering moving to hydro from soil, might I suggest starting with drain to waste like coco or hempy buckets? DWC is great and grows some healthy plants but they require more maintenance and more equipment than DTW. Hempy buckets are the simplest of hydro methods - no moving parts and no air pumps or airstones - just a bucket filled with perlite with a hole 2" from the bottom - nothing simpler. Good luck.

Flood and drain? Flo and ebb?

Measure lots?
diff. nutrient company have diff measure, Ph perfect ones have 3 base chemicals & 10 or more additives(you may need or want to try ) all should be added 1by 1 mixed in between & be accurate as soil will buffer
still have to check ppm & ph of water
start small as 5gal pails of water are not the lightest if you want to move them

here's another cucumber I started in a 2kg peanut butter jar w/air hose no stone (they plug after a month or so) have done pot same way
as the plant & roots get bigger ,move to bigger container

saves on nutes also just have to check & add more often

I have 1.2M X 1.2M X2M TENT.

my previous grow, my first, done with soil and had 5 plants. Im guessing i will go with 4.
I’ve only ever grown in coco, in a 3x3. Always had 4 going at once. Next run I’m going with Hempys. From following others journals and reading up on hydro type growing I’ll be running one plant this time. They tend to get real big growing hydro.

I’ve only ever grown in coco, in a 3x3. Always had 4 going at once. Next run I’m going with Hempys. From following others journals and reading up on hydro type growing I’ll be running one plant this time. They tend to get real big growing hydro.

What size pots did you use?

Back
Top Bottom