copper/brown coloring on leaf

jrwizzard

IMG_20130411_024042.jpg

this plant is 1 of 1000, and the only one that looks like this. Noticed it last watering. So it wasnt significant enough to notice the previous watering. It isnt directly under a light, between 2 lights of a row. It gets all the same nuts as the rest, and the rest are all healthy looking. This picture is of 2 leaves of the same plant. The coloring looked more copper in color in the room /sigh, here it just looks brown. I am a nub, please be kind. My main concern is, should I remove this from the room, ie, is it diseased and contagous? Next, I would like to know what it is and how I screwed it up.

tech specs?
bubba kush
75-85 degree
week 6
sunbeam? soil-less 3/4 and pyrite 1/4 in 3g container
not sure what else to tell.

thank you for any help.

Looks like a Ca def to me.

Weird that only one plant is doing it, but there could have been a clump of something in the soil for that plant. That clump could be super concentrated in something and locking out another nute.

What are you feeding them?

It doesn't look like a disease, so I wouldn't think it's contagious, but if you have 1000 plants, and this is the only one displaying a problem, why not just cull it?

Calcium?

Why not cull it? I am not the boss, and the boss hasnt said to cull it, just to find out whats wrong with it. If it is fixable, it is money, which I imagine is his thought process.

I have no idea what it is being fed. I know the names on the containers, I am pretty sure budswell is just guano, but then what is bat tea.. Like I said, I am a nub. They get alot of different things, between 6-9 different things in the water depending on the week.

BUT, i have been trying to talk him into an irrigation system.. and if a "clump", that would be filtered out cause it cant go through an emitter, is the cause... more ammo for me :)

thank you for the reply.

i read that potassium cancels out calcium if theres to much? So maybe a clump of one of the nuts thats high in potassium could be the culprit?

week 5 is probably when it occurred, it got a mix of the following;

floralicous
hygrozyme
sweet raw
hydroplex
liquid karma
kushi kush
budswell
botanica bloom

so if one of those has a high potassium, then it is most likely the culprit.

kushie kush has an 8 in the last number, which i think means potassium. I know it does get clumpy if it is kept to cold. I do listen for for it when i shake it, so if it was, it couldnt have been that big. But I guess it wouldnt take much.

thoughts?

week 5 is probably when it occurred, it got a mix of the following;

floralicous
hygrozyme
sweet raw
hydroplex
liquid karma
kushi kush
budswell
botanica bloom

so if one of those has a high potassium, then it is most likely the culprit.

kushie kush has an 8 in the last number, which i think means potassium. I know it does get clumpy if it is kept to cold. I do listen for for it when i shake it, so if it was, it couldnt have been that big. But I guess it wouldnt take much.

thoughts?

How is it being grown (hydro soil)? What media?
You said it's from 1000's of plants. So I'm gonna guess hydro. It's obviously some sort of drip feed since you mentioned emitters. If all the plants are the same strain, and are on the same reservoir, and only one plant is doing it, it MUST be related to that plant's site. Check for a clogged emitter. When I was talking about clumps, I was thinking more about soil that had not gotten mixed entirely. But a clump might make it through the emitter I suppose.

Again, without knowing anything about how the plants are growing, it's hard to say. Can you take a picture of the whole plant?

tech specs?
sunbeam? soil-less 3/4 and pyrite 1/4 in 3g container

This is the grow medium. If by hydro you mean it is fed nutrients through the water, and not in the soil, then yes it is hydro.

I am hand watering about 300 plants, trying to get more irrigation. The plant in question is in row 3, about the middle, no way to get a picture.

The hand watering doesnt have a filter, after nutrients are added. While they are mixed thoroughly, I imagine that is where the clump came from. I am thinking that it just allowed me to see a progressing problem at that site earlier then the rest.

Since then however, I have noticed 2 more starting to show the same signs. So I reviewed the schedule. They get cal mag during veg, but not in bloom. This is the first run with a soiless medium, so I am going to add calmag to the bloom schedule at a 2/3 rate we used in veg for weeks 4-6, and 1/6 for week 7. These numbers for calmag I am pulling out of my @ss, if anyone has actually numbers they know is needed for bloom cycle, would love to read them. Otherwise, I will wait and see.

Thankyou for the call on calcium.

I don't stop calmag through flower myself.

Its abit hard to tell what the problem is as it looks like a few but as it is only 1 in 1000 is effected i would not worry to much about it yet !

I would suggest a daily inspection of all plants to see if it progress's to others...

As Hiker kindly mentioned about calcium def to which it shows charactistics to, i would be tempted to find out what your water supply is as in being soft or hard water.

Calcium def is reasonable common with growers using soft or RO/reverse osmosis water as both lack in calcium content & a suitable supplement should be used if so.

By doing an internet search on your local water supply company may prove fruitful in finding out whether it is hard or soft water.

Back
Top Bottom