Weird copper/goldish patch on leaf: Looking for info or anything before it gets crazy

xXMidasXx

Hi there all, I've been using this website as a means of help when I come across problems in my grow or general questions.

So I was pruning some of the leaves of of my indoor grow and noticed some of the leaves have this discolouration in them ranging from copper to goldish brown. Not all just some, but that's how it usually starts I'd guess. So before "if it's anything to worry about at all" I get worried and it go off the rails trying to save the momma I was wondering if anybody out there might know more about what you could be? I do a vitamin spray on the leaves maybe once a month. Tons of ventilation, fresh air, has established a good wet dry cycle. Over all growing very vigourously now. Umm lights are around 2.5-3 feet from canopy of plant. Smells skunky. Veg state not in bloom, hours of light 18/6 pictures below are of one of the leaves front and back. You may need to zoom in order to get the image of the patch.

The patches vary in location of the leaves. There are only maybe 3-5 leaves with this type of patch on it.

Any help is awesome thanks in advance.
Midas

Attachments

• IMG_20190323_195539.jpg
    IMG_20190323_195539.jpg
    302.7 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_20190323_195525.jpg
    IMG_20190323_195525.jpg
    307.2 KB · Views: 138
Hi @xXMidasXx Hmm, I'm new and I can't see what you are seeing real well...you talking about the blotch whitish in the middle of the leaf? Does it rub off?

That leaf on the right looks a little environmentally challenged...bit of wind/light burn? All leaves on one plant? Whats your new growth look like?

Thanks only thing I can describe it looking like almost exactly is say if a slug dragged itself across the leaf and left it's slimy trail behind it. Here's some more pics of the plant today. It doesn't seem sick but I've ordered some need oil so hopefully that gets here soon.

Attachments

• IMG_20190328_183840.jpg
    IMG_20190328_183840.jpg
    330.5 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_20190328_183319.jpg
    IMG_20190328_183319.jpg
    324.2 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20190328_183252.jpg
    IMG_20190328_183252.jpg
    385.1 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_20190328_183241.jpg
    IMG_20190328_183241.jpg
    384.5 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_20190328_183221.jpg
    IMG_20190328_183221.jpg
    371.1 KB · Views: 91
Looking good to me! You know sometimes I find with my plants with leaves that close together that moisture gets trapped and I'll move what appears to be a entirely dry plant and find a leaf or two with condensation on it because it was hiding behind another and didn't have the circulation to dry. I wonder if it could be something like that making drying marks?

it looks like a mildew to me, either powdery or brown... hard to tell. There are several methods to get rid of this and I suggest checking out some of our sponsors if you don't wish to go more DIY. You said you have plenty of ventilation, but how about an oscillating fan there in the grow area? Are you moving those leaves around in the breeze? That is the best way to prevent mildew problems.

I had/have a Heisenberg that did this too. Those spots will turn brown and die. I believe my problem was I got some fish and seaweed fertilizer on those spots and it ate through the leaf...wasn’t a strong dose Esther. I’d stop the foliar spray for awhile and see if that helps clear it up.
I’m new so don’t take my word as gold. Just some input

So this I my grow room it is a 3x4x6 I have a 100watt light and a 250w. I also have a 600w MH/sodium lights just more for later in the grow. When I switch both 100w and 250w on at the same time the plant started hoping signs of light bleaching so I turned the 250 off and it went back to a green instead of a yellow at the top. Anyways..

I have intake blower in the bottom corner which gets air directly from window I turn it on for a couple hours a day. The fan you see in the corner is on 24/7. Both the blower and reg. Fan both on both side of the plant. The vitamin spray is just one I picked up at the hydroponic shop it's a foiliate spray and the patch with name is fallen off somewhere so I couldn't tell you exact name but I had stopped using it once I started seeing this. I have ordered some new cleaning spray that's suppose to help clean pest, mold, ect. Off of leaves. So unless there is another opinion on what might help? That's the only option I have.

As for leaf moisture, the leaves do feel moist but better then dry if that makes sense.

Other then that I've followed your advice emilya and the wet dry cycle is been great I only feed when the plant shows me she needs it. She has taken well and growth has seemingly been back on track at least from what I can tell. Other then this weird stuff on the leafs, it seems to be fine, and growing. I don't know how much leaves I can take off before it hurts the plant too much so I only take a small palm full every month. (This little thing gets bushy!)

But that's all the info I got for now. Anything else?

Attachments

• IMG_20190329_131013.jpg
    IMG_20190329_131013.jpg
    360.4 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20190329_131004.jpg
    IMG_20190329_131004.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20190329_130924.jpg
    IMG_20190329_130924.jpg
    391.4 KB · Views: 75
Here's the curve in your theory, it started I would say a couple of weeks after first set came. I would say probably third or fourth set, once it started getting big fat leafs. I thought humidity but I'm at bout 40-45% which isn't great but I wouldn't think it would do that. And I stopped using the spray when we last spoke about the over/under watering stuff.. it just weird

Powdery Mildew.. You should be able to spray plants with water anytime. Add in some FRESH goodies thats even better.

Don't use neem products unless you have a reason to do so. Its pretty strong stuff.

There are other better products to use for your IPM routine, should you decide to implement one.

Also keeping your grow space relatively clean is helpful. If ya got some old moldy socks or something, throw them in the wash.

It's has it's own room made of plastic that gets vaccumed once every two weeks. I like to think I keep it pretty clean. All in all I see it as genetics as I've never had these problems until I order seeds online. Never seen leaf deformations nothing. That and I was organic and thought I would try the chemical way since people say its faster. But next grow will more then likely be organic again. Chemicals suck for soilless. That's for sure.

No-till soil FTMFW :passitleft:

Got no complaints with my organic soil. I'm in my 20th round with my current mix.

Amend and transplant and water for the win.

No worries.

I do an IPM regime, specially at season changes outside. We get a few pests from time to time. Plants grown organically fight them off pretty well. But not completely, sadly. lol

Edit:

Start a journal in the growers lounge.

Lots of friendly folks over there.

nutes and organic - 420mag has it all.

Back
Top Bottom