Cops probing sewer problem sniff out pot operation

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
HERMAN, Minn. (AP) — Deputies investigating a sewer problem at a Minnesota home smelled something amiss — a strong odor of marijuana. Grant County Sheriff Dwight Walvatne said deputies went to the home in Herman this week intending to cite the owner for failing to connect to the city's main sewer line, in violation of a public health ordinance.

After noticing the smell of pot, they obtained a search warrant and found what they described as a large indoor pot growing operation.

They seized an estimated $10,000 worth of marijuana along with equipment to grow it, and charged a 21-year-old man with two felony drug counts.

Source

:hmmmm: since when do cops investigate sewer problems? my septic tank needs to be pumped soon i wonder if they do that?

since when do cops investigate sewer problems? my septic tank needs to be pumped soon i wonder if they do that?

Seems very out of place...

Good question... Although, if a deputy came to my house asking about sewer problems I would be suspicious anyway. Of all the people I know that have had sewer problems a deputy was never involved in any way.

right after i clicked post my mind went to an art festival my wife and i went to a few years back. it was in oakhurst cali in the sierra foothills outside of yosemite. i caught a nice buzz on the way there and the first thing we saw when we got there was a dunking booth for some local charity and the seats were occupied by LEO's, one was a c.h.p and the other was a local sherriff. the name for the booth was 'dip a chip' or 'drop a cop'. the line was very long and yes, i dipped a chip. so by now your wondering what does all of this have to do with this thread. its the connections my brain made . . .
cops
sewer
septic tank
dunking booth

^^ AHAHHA thank you for brightening my day.

seems like theyre practically make up any reason for a search warrant these days, id like to see if his sewer was really disconnected.

Back
Top Bottom