Couple of questions about late flowering

mickliam

ive been told that my 2 plants are 6week flowering, they are master kush and ice cream. i not sure and think they could be 8 week if im wrong will it hurt by going over 2 week? ive also been told that increase the 12/12 back to 18/6 photopeiriod in the last few weeks will increase the yeild is this true??

I'm just a little confused. Someone told you what week your plants are in, and you think differently... What do the trichs look like? That's the real way to tell when your plants are ready. I wouldn't suggest you going back to 18/6.

put in another way! ive been told that the 2 strains of plants im growing are of a 6 week flowering period, thats what the grower i had them from swears by it. i always thought flowering is 8 week period. the white hairs are still white and the plants are in week 6 this tuesday

Variations in strains is common, but it's also common for variations to happen with cannabis plants within the same strain. That's why I say to getcha a scope to look at your trichs to see exactly what's goin on. ;-) I got mine from Radio Shack for $12.

If one person grows a strain and it takes 8 weeks for flowering does not mean that yours will. Genetics, Growing Conditions, Lighting, Fertilizers,Trichrome production, etc, all play a part in when its ready to harvest. Yes, looking at the Trichromes close up tells many things, like the clear/ amber, cloudy production of a plant and when it is available to pick. Certain progressive characteristics of Trichromes and the coloring and formation of them, tell alot about a plant and what the effects it has on the user. Personally I cut a little bit every couple of days near cycle ending and study the trichromes and how it effects me when smoked. Sometimes due to conditions, they get taken earlier than usual. I like to let them go as long as possible, without ending up with smoke that makes one too lethargic or sleepy, that is when I find the Trichs are a heavy cloudy milky and amber color almost falling down and laying over flat. Clear with a hint of amber is what I try for. But also letting them go another 10 days or so when I think they're ready gives me another 25%+ weight factor too. So many options too few plants.

Growing them till the trics are just perfect is when you harvest not by the day.

My first grow is on its 113 day of life today. Thats counting when i put the seeds in a cloth to germinate them. Its almost day 68 of flowering for my grow. Its getting close, But the hairs have been this red/orange color for a while now. Im liking how it smells too, fruitier by the day. But im still getting tric production so im not worried.

Its a Sativia dominan strain so it should be good. I believe its some sort of Thai. The strain was called Red Thai when I bought the bud. Smoked good so im not complaining. Hit me up if you have heard of it before, it was my first Thai so i know nothing. :bong:

Personally I cut a little bit every couple of days near cycle ending and study the trichromes and how it effects me when smoked.
That sounds like good advice and is my approach as well. From what I've read, trich color is can also be driven by genetics. Some strains are not amber but other colors, such as purple-ish and other strains show a very light coloring. If I'm growing something unknown, doing a smoke test every few days toward the end works for me, then note the state of the trichs for future grows.

:peace:

Harry

i smoked a bit at weekend, it was a good stoner. ive got hold of a scope later on in the week so il see wots going on then.

Back
Top Bottom