Couple questions about Revolver

EventHorizon

Hey there. I had some Feminized Auto-flowering Revolver donated to me and I was just wondering... about how many weeks into veg does it start to flower? Also, how tall does it grow? Should I bother topping it?:high-five:

Thanks. :)

You do not top an auto! If anything you can LST it. Any auto flower will or can start to flower when it matures, from 3-5 weeks depending on strain. I have had some fussy revolver seeds that had to be 12/12 before they flowered, they are a relatively short bushy plant with many side branching. But all depends on other variables such as lighting and nutrients. They smell like sweet diesel.
Hey there. I had some Feminized Auto-flowering Revolver donated to me and I was just wondering... about how many weeks into veg does it start to flower? Also, how tall does it grow? Should I bother topping it?:high-five:

You do not top an auto! If anything you can LST it.

Actually, although received wisdom is that you can only LST autos, you can top an auto and do other kinds of HST. I just topped one of my girls and she's doing beautifully . You should check out what one of the amazing members of this site, Light Addict, is doing with advanced training of autos. He's fluxing them (his name for mainlining - manifolding)! Amazing stuff :)

Well I guess you could do anything you wanted to an auto, but the aim of everything you do to a plant is to promote yield and quality, as autos have a built in clock it is in their genetics to go through their life cycle in a predetermined time frame and I question if it would be advantageous to be slowing the growth and shocking a plant in this fashion? But I guess I will have to see the results of the yield and quality! I think in order for this to work you would have to keep the auto in veg as long as possible and that defeats the purpose of buying auto seeds in the first place! And shocking a plant like that I would also be concerned that it would hermie.

PS: Why do you think you don't take cuttings from a auto? Because the cutting would be the same age as the mother is and would flower when it is still small in stature! Producing small yield of impotent buds. Just Saying!

Actually, although received wisdom is that you can only LST autos, you can top an auto and do other kinds of HST. I just topped one of my girls and she's doing beautifully . You should check out what one of the amazing members of this site, Light Addict, is doing with advanced training of autos. He's fluxing them (his name for mainlining - manifolding)! Amazing stuff :)

LJJ2, welcome to the magazine of endless possibilities.

You're making rather bold statements my friend. There are a number of member around here that are growing autos in record time with record yields. Light addict is just one of many. Take a few minutes and look around and see some of these flowers doing wonderful things!

It's amazing what happens around here everyday. I find myself getting blown away all the time!

All the best and lots of love :love:

I find that growing Revolver to be a nightmare. I think the genetics are bad. Only 2 out of 10 plants flowered!!! I've pretty much given up trying to grow it. If it hasn't flowered within 8 weeks I toss it. I've got one last plant that is miniature. the one before that had the same problem and I eventually tossed it as well

Interesting RiceMan.... Back in Feb this year I got my 1st ever SEEDS from CKS... The
Dwarf Low Flyer (short auto fem) 10 seeds germed but died as did the 5 seeds of Northern Lights (auto flower fem) but my Jack Herrer (auto flower fem) WOW !!!! 3 plants same mix of soil ( 420 Soil , worm casings , perlite , & a bit of coco coir ) and same pots and I have 3 different size plants !!!! It is truly amazing to me how fast they can grow... Started with cfl in a stealth box and now have Tao Tronics LED ufo and the Tao Tronics LED GL14...... in 24 hours of switching to LED I could see a change!!!! I have to read more here at 420 to make sure I do not screw up Again ( I say again cause I had to have screwed up the first 15 seeds based on what I read in this thread ).... I am stoked, excited and Grateful to CropKingSeeds for giving this 58 year old 100% disabled American veteran HOPE & for making it possible for me to make my MEDICINE ( true I have been trying nonstop since Feb 2015 but it is my errors now that will keep me growing with CKS for the rest of my Life).......Thanks for letting me share.....

As the name suggests, autoflowering cannabis strains automatically flower with time, no matter what light schedule is received. However, ensuring they get enough light is essential if you want a decent yield. These plants keep things simple for growers, and can be a great start for beginners. Photoperiod plants, which many growers are familiar with, are the opposite and require special light schedules to jump start the plant into flowering mode. Let's take a closer look at autoflowering cannabis, and how to provide enough light to create the optimum conditions for a potent and high yielding harvest.

Most agree that giving 18-24 hours of light is ideal for auto-flowering plants.

A LOOK AT 24 HOUR LIGHTING

As autoflowering plants do not rely on hours of light to tell them when to flower, they can be subjected to a 24- hours of light throughout their growth cycle. In fact, many growers believe 24 hours of light is crucial when growing autoflowering plants, as it may give them the best chance to grow bigger in the vegetative stage and then eventually flower accordingly.

Cannabis is classed as a C3 plant, meaning it can absorb CO₂ during periods of light for photosynthesis. This theoretically eliminates the need for darkness, as they do not need periods of dark to photosynthesis, unlike C4 plants. Autoflowering plants have also evolved in the northern areas of the world where they receive near to 24-hours of light as standard during the seasons of growth. As such, it is safe to say that autoflowering cannabis can thrive under 24-hours of lighting.

CONSIDERATIONS FOR 18 HOURS

autoflowering light schedule There are a couple of reasons you may opt not to use a 24-hour light cycle. Firstly, while some believe 24 hours gets the best out of the plant, others believe a period of darkness allows the plant a period of rest and recuperation essential to healthy growth.

Also, having lights on for 24-hours a day may be unpractical for some. Using such a schedule will increase the heat of a grow room, so if you live in a very hot and dry area, this can be hard to manage. Having lights on permanently can also rack up energy bills. Using an 18-hour light cycle allows you to shut the lights off during the hottest hours of the day, saving energy, money, and potential problems.

SO WHICH IS BEST, 18 OR 24 HOURS OF LIGHT?

When it comes to picking the right light schedule, you need to weigh up the pros and cons to assess which is best for your situation. Personally, we have grown more under 18-hours of light, but the ones we have done under 24-hours have been very successful as well.

Some even like to take the middle ground, using a 20-hour light cycle. This offers the best of both worlds.

One thing is for sure; you do not want your autoflowering plants to receive less than 18 hours per day. This is the minimum, and anything less will adversely affect growth.

At the end of the day, each grower needs to do what works for them. It is worth experimenting with both light cycles (on two separate grows), to see what gets you better results, and what suits your grow situation better. 24-hour lighting offers greater potential, but it may not always be practical. Either way, both light cycles will see your autoflowering cannabis flourish, so happy growing!

Back
Top Bottom