Cruizer's Inside/Outside CFL Soil Growing Experience

Cruizer

Hi everyone! I decided it's time to start my grow journal. I have 6 plants that have grown from bagseed and I have been doing some training on them and now I'm at the point where I need help and would like to have input from you. My next step I believe is to take a clone from each one and label them accordingly. Here's some pictures to see where I'm at. Thank you for reading and your input. :thumb:

IMG_20150404_180117.jpg
IMG_20150404_180055.jpg
IMG_20150404_180040.jpg
IMG_20150404_180027.jpg
IMG_20150404_180019.jpg
IMG_20150404_180010.jpg
IMG_20150404_180410.jpg
IMG_20150404_180316.jpg
IMG_20150404_175909.jpg
IMG_20150404_175850.jpg

I like to d.y.i. and come up with creative ways of doing things, after all, that's how things get started. I was wandering around the dollar store and found a piece of garden art that was about the diameter of the growing planter i am using, so i thought inside planter scrog. This is what i made with pipe cleaner and garden art, don't laugh! :biglaugh:

IMG_20150404_212646.jpg
IMG_20150404_213427.jpg
IMG_20150404_213347.jpg
IMG_20150404_213629.jpg

I'm using RO water and replacing the low Calcium, Magnesium, and Potassium with diluted Coconut Milk/Water. I had some Fish Fertilizer but unfortunately the dog wanted to play with the bottle and it's now gone, lol. I need to make the hour trip to go get some more.

I will be growing the plants with as much sunlight hours on them as possible, and then under 18 each 23w cfl's (3 per plant) with a mixture of 6500k and 2700k at night. :thanks: for looking.

Thanks for stopping by PTSD 4 ME. Yes it was from early Lst, I did the tape the leaf to the pot technique for a while but they didn't hold for a long time. I also tied some pipe cleaner to them and stretched them for a while, trying to get them to the other side. I'm thinking I may like this plantar scrog for training the branches to the other side, seems easier to keep moving them from hole to the other. I may go buy some more supplies.

Some more information for the heck of it. I have 2 different strains growing, so pictures 6, 5, and 2 are the Purple strain, and 4, 3, and 1 are from another bag seed. The Purple strain is growing aggressively fast while the other strain appears slow with tighter nodes. I don't know if i want to wait that long in veg for them to get to the other side, while the purples get there quickly. Will I have a problem with the planter being heavy on one side once the colas build? or will i get enough stretch in flower to get them to the other side?

new pics coming. :thanks:

Moving right along, I made another planter scrog the way I initially intended. The first one I made, the tack weld on the stem broke so I improvised and drilled a small hole through a chopstick and used that. This time I was able to grab it with a couple pliers and bend it. I also shortened it so it sits lower on top of the planter. :thanks:

Here's some pics showing what I used and the height sitting in the planter.
IMG_20150406_234145.jpg
IMG_20150406_233745.jpg
IMG_20150406_233826.jpg

just stuff.. So I discovered through my first trial of using chemical fertilizer on my plants that I sucked at figuring out how much of what to mix with ml of gal. per litr. It was over my head and they ended up dying. I decided to try Organic fertilizer like, Fish emulsion and Organic Coffee for Nitrogen, and Coconut Milk/Water for Potassium, Phosphorus, and Magnesium, then Limestone or Egg shells for Calcium and found it is more forgiving for me to use, than trying to mix chemicals.

they are all dead?

No sir, alive and well. lol if you wanted an update all you had to do was ask :rofl::laughtwo:
Update: I made another planter scrog so that's 3 total and I put them all on the Purple strain. I decided to start stretching the other ones again too. Today, I put some organic coffee grounds I've been saving on top of the soil, then I watered with coconut milk and finally gave them a mist bathe. Now they are sitting in the sunshine for another hour. Tomorrow I chill... :surf: :thanks:
IMG_20150408_184231.jpg
IMG_20150408_184309.jpg
IMG_20150408_184317.jpg
IMG_20150408_184326.jpg
IMG_20150408_184425.jpg
IMG_20150408_235006.jpg

This threw me off.... all makes sense now :thumb:

just stuff.. So I discovered through my first trial of using chemical fertilizer on my plants that I sucked at figuring out how much of what to mix with ml of gal. per litr. It was over my head and they ended up dying. I decided to try Organic fertilizer like, Fish emulsion and Organic Coffee for Nitrogen, and Coconut Milk/Water for Potassium, Phosphorus, and Magnesium, then Limestone or Egg shells for Calcium and found it is more forgiving for me to use, than trying to mix chemicals.

Id leave her untopped unless you want to push flower into 9 weeks or mid of 8th. Topping will slow the grow and all energy is going to go to fixing the tops. When you go to flip you don't want her still recovering from the topping. 10 will give you a good amount of flowers in my opinion. I know people grow 20 plus but they also veg for a long time. Those top 2 are going to be your main colas and the others from the build of the plant will be a bit less then those two it looks. Almost there man congrats. I got 12 on mine and a few more are trying although I am guessing they will get the whack after the stretch. I figured I would rather a few less colas so that they are real developed and nothing really slacking.

Check out this grow. This is what I am going for with my colas. I am not training the same, but I love the look of his colas nice and fat and even. Not a shit ton of them but a good amount to get some nice potent smoke and still a good harvest.
SBG's Life In A Box - The Ongoing Saga of Producing Bud in a Box

Wondering if someone can :helpsmilie: me out...I have a plant on the 10th week of flower and checking the trichs with a 60-100x power microscope with the led light. I cut a tip off a sugar leaf and it looks all cloudy with amber. I don't know the percent but just on that tiny tip, every time I moved scope I saw amber with cloudy. Now I flipped it over and the only amber is on the outer rim of the piece with all cloudy for the rest. Do I go off the top or am I waiting for the bottom to amber up too? Did I explain that right :hmmmm:

Back
Top Bottom