Cruizer's Inside/Outside CFL Soil Growing Experience

I forgot to mention I'm going for an even head and body high. She still has white pistils popping out and appears to still be putting weight on the buds, she's fattening up. I guessing she's a sativa dominant hybrid, so up to 14 weeks then. How many different spots should I be checking, like every other bud site? Going to let her amber up some more.

Well I'd say start with the biggest ones first as some sites my take longer to fully mature than others. Just keep a close eye and make sure that each bud site is at least 80% amber. Tho you could harvest a bit earlier in my exp. If you harvest with just about 25% amber 75% white you will get a more energetic buzz, and your mouth tends too water rather than cotton mouth. And this is just my personal exp. keep up the good work.

Everyone likes pictures, so here's and update... 54 days in veg. I will be moving to a new place and decided to wait to flip until after May 1st. My current grow space 24"Lx24w"x13" to bottom of the lights. I chose this because of the cfl's, I wanted a tighter space to get as much light per sq.ft as possible. My new place I will be sharing a with a DWC grower with HPS set-up. Should be fun! He will be growing Autos. I can't wait to learn something new :thumb:
IMG_20150413_170656.jpg
IMG_20150413_171255.jpg
IMG_20150413_170854.jpg
IMG_20150413_171535.jpg
IMG_20150413_171625.jpg
IMG_20150413_171008.jpg
IMG_20150413_171806.jpg
IMG_20150413_172040.jpg
IMG_20150413_172047.jpg

Thanks Antics, remember a while back I asked if anyone has seen branches coming out of the Cotolydons? New Growth From Cotyledons? My girl named her Pandora and she's the #4 & #5 pictures up above. I believe you said she was going to be a vigorous grower. She has 12 tops with a bunch more along the length of the branches. So stoked!

I remember :) It looks like she's doing really well too!

As for harvesting, make sure you're looking at the buds, not the sugar leaves. On some strains the trichomes on the sugar leaves will mature much, much faster than the buds. Most people trim the leaves off, so if that's the same case for you, harvesting according to what trichomes look like on the buds will ensure an accurate harvest.

On my Cali Jack that I grew recently, the trichomes on the sugar leaves were 50% amber, and I was thinking I missed the window and waited too long, then when I checked the buds, not a single amber anywhere. I actually had to wait longer.

I also like to check trichomes on several bud sites, at various heights on the plant for the same reason, some can mature faster than others. Then you have the option of harvesting part of the plant that's mature, and leaving the rest to mature longer, you can average it out between all the bud sites and harvest when the average works out to where you want it, or you can just harvest when most of the trichomes are where you want them.

Or anything in between them really. It's totally up to you.

Thanks for that Antics, I'll look at the buds. that would explain why my other plant I harvested has a speedy high. I like to mix it up anyways so I'm happy with it. I grew it, tastes good, gets me high! and i get shit done, lol.

Now I'm glad I waited with the other one and now will get more amber on her before harvest. Right on!

I decided to go ahead a top them since i'll be flipping to flower later than I planned.

Do i top the tallest ones first and let the other ones catch up or do i top them all at the same time?

^^ Probably the best answer, if you're growing them all in the same space.

You also have the option to top them all at the same time, but you'll need some more LST to keep them even.

As for me, taking my 2 Vegging plants as an example, which are both different sizes, and about a week apart, I will be topping the bigger one first, then when the small one catches up, topping that one, then LST as each becomes ready. I just use boxes or whatever to raise the height of the pot with the shorter plant.

Thanks, I went ahead and topped the tall ones. That's the goal an even canopy.

went to shut down my laptop last night and it said Update and Shutdown. So I did, woke up this morning and was locked out of Windows 8.1 because of their Update. Something in the update disabled my keyboard and touch pad. I tried everything and including safe mode still couldn't use the keyboard no matter what I tried. Finally had to restore back to factory settings, very pissed about it but luckily there was weed nearby and the laptop was saved from doom and the floor. Awwww the calming effects of cannabis. Lost some stuff that can be replaced but it's like losing your wallet and have to go through all the b.s. to get your shit back in order. Like that. :roorrip:

Man that's a bummer bro, had that happen to me not to long ago...ah the headaches! Glad to hear you at least got it working again, keep up the good work cruize. Oh before I go, what's your take on scrogging outdoor plants that are in the ground? Don't want to do it now as I have a lot of growing months ahead and they will get a lot bigger!

It's been a great laptop, going on 3 yrs old, had to get a new battery pack that is now duck taped in, super glue the lid hinge back together. I use it to watch t.v. shows and movies through hdmi on the t.v. Because my PS3 died and that had a media server on it. I buy a PS4 and that thing doesn't as of yet, so frustrated at Sony, i just assumed it had a media server and also got excited about the game H-Hour. Now going to look for another PS3 :loopy:
Anyways the laptop is a Samsung with i5 processor 2.5ghz. I'm thinking it's windows 8.1 problem so I'm going to leave it at the factory windows 8 and see.

okay back to work, the plants want to wake up in the sun. :surf: up! gotta get to the beach today.

Well to bad you so far away I'm actually trying to sell my ps3, got me an Xbox one now so don't ever play it. And it's sounces like you have some good weather out there. It sucks here man, the news said another 4/5 days of off and on rain! Wich also made it a bit colder than normal around here. Hope it doesn't affect my babies too much. My plants are still preflowering like crazy, wondering if It Was auto flowering plant, could be as both my big girls were from bag seed. Do you know if autoflowering plants revert back to vegg or not as I do know they grow and bloom a lot faster than non-auto flowers.

my understanding on Autoflowers is they are on auto cycle from start to finish then die. My next grow will be from seeds from a seed bank, ive been experimenting with different things with the bagseed and i'm doing 2 different strains and seeing they like different strength doses of coconut water. I can't wait to get some seeds that I can read about :thumb:

I would throw a scrog out there, you have the room and it'll be fun watching a side by side. When i have my flowering plants in the window sun light i take a length of pipe cleaner and wrap around the stalk and pull the cola back and clip it to the planter. kinda like when you see people sunbathing using those adjustable chairs you can change the angle on.

I grew up and live all my life in the Pacific Northwest and I know what you mean about crappy weather, LOL I feel mucho better with all the vitamin D i'm getting now. I had Depression months living in O (ducks) from Nov-Feb, it sucked! i was on medication for it and taking extra vitamin D.

Here's some nugs from the Purple strain.
IMG_20150404_220138.jpg

and more of planter scrog.
IMG_20150406_000318.jpg
IMG_20150406_131647.jpg

I want dense purple like that..
we should all lolli pop ..

Back
Top Bottom