TSG 400 Watt HPS & 2700K CFL - 4x4 Tent Grow - Scrog

TheStruggle

Hello everyone, after a failed grow experience I've decided to start fresh and go all out and really take a shot at growing cannibus. I've literally been reading through the forums for days probably weeks trying to get all the information I can as I can see questions annoy you guys quite a bit lol.

Anyways I have an 400 watt HPS light I got from Home Depot and some cfls from a previous grow. My plan is to buy one of those tents from virtual sun there's a 4x4x6 tent and get a ballast to put in the center. The tent has vents but I'm going to buy fans and some air ducts to bring fresh air in. Right now I'm on a 600$ budget hopefully I don't have to spend that much? Before I buy everything I want some input on from you guys? What do you think of my setup

As far as seed and medium go I have some bag seed ( I don't wanna waste good seeds because this is my first grow) and I was reading a lot about the DIY DWC buckets a lot of them have me really interested although I've read hundreds of time on this website alone that hydroponics is not recommended for beginners so more than likely I'm going to get some Fox farm off the internet + some nutrients.

Please give input I'm buying everything tonight so if you guys have any recommendations/ideas/modifications put out there ASAP.

Just a quick follow up on what I have right now
7 2700k CFL
400 watt HPS Light
600$ budget
Thanks in advance!

:peacetwo:

Re: TSG 400 Watt Hps + 2700k CFL 4x4 Tent Grow (Scrog)

This Is the Tent I'm ordering TONIGHT anyone have any experience with these? Or any other tent suggestions.

image7907.jpg

Update
I germed 3 seeds in rockwool, they sprouted about 3 days in..
Okay I wasn't sure whether or not they were ready for light so I took the worst looking one and put him in a bucket with cfls in there(from a failed bucket grow) and left her in there overnight, probably about 10 hours.
Came back the next morning and she had some small leaves, you can see in the pic above.
So I decided the other two were ready and decided to put them under the 400w MH on an 18on 6off light schedule.
I haven't given them any nutes only tap water and light.

image8666.jpg

The MH light is on 50% idk if this is too much light at this stage I think it's sufficient for them?
The one that went under the CFL(closest to camera) did nicely so I was thinking of putting the rest of them under cfls, but we'll see.

They are sitting in hydroton which is filling up a 6 inch net pot sitting in a Rubbermaid container filled about 1/3 of the way with tap water. It should be barely touching the rockwool cubes I believe?

image8668.jpg

Alright quick update..
The girls have taken to the light pretty well they look better after only 3 hrs under them.. I'm worried if the height of the light is an issue as I don't have a vent sucking the air out yet.
Btw I went ahead and took my air pump and ran the hose to the bottom of the container.. You can hear it bubbling through the hydroton . Idk if it's to early for this or not.

Ppm ranging from 900-1300
All ph constantly staying 5.6-5.8
Barely over 3 wks

Hell no i think it was too weak and caused my seedlings to do unnecessary stretching. I put the ballast on 100% at like day 3.

Looking good. Are you going to start them on light nutes pretty soon?

Oh dang forgot to mention lol, ive been running 1/4 lucas formula ive fed them twice in the past 5 days.
Today i gave them a third feeding and upped it to 50% strength lucas formula using Florabloom and floramicro.
Trying to see of they can handle higher strengths

Biggest girl lst'd with cable ties
Her stem is super thick i had accidentally broke it while trying to fit her under a screen i was planning to use(decided to tie down instead LOL) not only did i completely snap the stem i also damged some new growth and fan leaves pretty badly. But all in all come to find out i had supercropped her and she grew back alot stronger after only a few days..so i did the same to the other two.
image9514.jpg

Unfortunately my ballast went out a few days ago but i have a new one on the way, using cfls now.
image9515.jpg

Also got 4 new bagseed planted hopefully they can be used as mothers when theese guys are done flowering.

re: TSG 400 Watt HPS & 2700k CFL - 4x4 Tent Grow - Scrog

20140831_144304.jpg
Last plant of the original four, others were males and removed from tent. Definitely ordering fem seeds for the next grow.

Back
Top Bottom