Cupping and spots need advice

I have grown 7 really nice plants in the last year with these nutes and never had a major problem - they were all photo plants and here I try a auto fem plant and is driving me crazy.lol

they say full strength in veg is 2.5 ml /litre , I am at 2.0 ml per litre plus 3 ml of cal mag per litre, plant is only 6 inches tall .

Haha that stubborn girl!

Honestly try raising the light, its the easiest and quickest way to check whether or not that's the problem. And if it is, easy fix! Boom

You seem to know what your doing with your nuts so I wouldnt go crazy trying to change a bunch of things..

you and me both , can genetics do this kind of heavy spotting and the edges of the leaves are brown ? and extreme cupping ?, this pic is from about a week ago and it has only gotten more edge burn and cupping .

Attachments

• 20190208_084603.jpg
    20190208_084603.jpg
    610.4 KB · Views: 21
Given the info, I would assume the damage was already done. Pretty typical synptoms for calcium and magnesium deficiency. Combine that with led, coco, and underfeeding.

Patience and focusing on new growth is the key here. Old leaves will never get "better", and spots that are already damaged will be more pronounced as time goes on.

Often you will see dark spots in the leaf that are very hard to spot. Simply put they look like little shadows. These will develop into those rust spots. You can't stop that. What's done is done.

Now that the plant is stressed out it would make more sense to raise the light even more than what a healthy plant would want and correct the problem. Wait for recovery and then carry on.

Being impatient and throwing a mix of random stuff at it "just to see" is going to compound issues.

RO water. Led and coco are all individual reasons you would want to run calmag. So with all three. You'll likely want to run close to the full dose strength vs the quarter or half dose strength many people can get away with.

(I have no experience with led. But see plenty of journals where people have to run heavier on the calmag than they have in the past under hid or CFL)

I'm also curious of your ratios.

When in doubt. Mix everything at full strength according to bottles. Then dilute with plain water to achieve your desired ppm.

Less room for error. And larger doses are easier and more accurate to measure.

Ratios are important.

Make sure you add them in the proper order, and mix thoroughly before adding the next. Bonus points for adding the concentrated nutes to some water prior to adding to the res.

Silicon first if you use it. Mix it up. Let it mix for up to an hour.
Calmag next. Mix it well. Spend 5 min mixing it.

And so on. (For a 2 part, a... Mix.. b... Mix..)

Making sure everything is mixed very well prior to adding the next one is also important.

Never add concentrated nutes to an already mixed res. Expecially if your having issues. Add it to water first and then into the res.

Other than that I can't really think of anything else

Back
Top Bottom