Cupping and spots need advice

Well she was really sneaky I spend hrs looking at my plants -more than I do with my wife , , I know my bad , but this one was in stealth mode .

AH just had a brilliant idea , maybe it was because I just changed all the filters on my r.o. system about a week ago , but I did let it run for 24 hrs before using the water from it but the ppm`s of the water were only at 6 ppm when I tested it so I thought it was fine to use .Is there such a thing as too pure of water ?

The ppm`s of the water before I changed the filter was about 23 ppm , maybe they just liked what those dirty filters were providing or they just don't like change ? Maybe sometimes better isn't more ? Note to self , don't change r.o. filters mid grow .

You can't judge led output by heat. The hand test doesn't work, that's for hps/mh. Two different animals. Either go by mfg. suggestions or learn to watch for light stress and move your light accordingly.
Tacoing, leaves flipping over or twisting away from the light are all clues that they are getting too much light intensity. The more light intensity, the more mag you'll end up giving her as well.

You can't judge led output by heat. The hand test doesn't work, that's for hps/mh. Two different animals. Either go by mfg. suggestions or learn to watch for light stress and move your light accordingly.

I notice this with cmh as well. With proper circulation you can get those suckers within 4-6 inches and be a little warm on the back of the hand. Or around 9" and not feel it. However anything lower than around a foot and a half and theyll start bleaching and cupping.

I've started to use an Android lux meter app on my phone .... I'm getting 60,000lux at 16" height above the top of the plant, at 17" the lux are reduced to 54,000 ... fwiw ... the light is a cheap-o King 1000 LED, my lux reference is
< 15,000 lux – plant isn’t getting enough light
15,000 – 50,000 lux – good amount of light for healthy vegetative growth
45,000 – 70,000 lux – optimal amount of light for cannabis plants in the flowering (budding) stage

The max reading for the app is 65,536 but free is free and don't need to measure much more than that anyway...

Well back to the drawing board as , the cupping is worse and so are the rust spots on leaves ,something in my gut tells me this plant isn't gonna make it , lights have been at 24 inches for 36 hrs and the calmag has tripled, ml so 8 ml per gallon r.o. water and total ppm is at 450 , things have only worse .ph is a constant 5.8 -5.9 , not even sure what to do next , I didn't expect to see that plant get better that quick but I did expect this heavy change to at least halt the poor looking leaves , so what next ?

This cupping is not light stress , I have tiny green pepper plants in the same tent beside my candy cane plant and they are growing like crazy - 3 inches tall in the same coco mix etc and same r.o. water , just a lot less nutes but the same kind and brand .And same ph , 5.8-5.9 .

Id raise the right. If it starts to stretch more than your like then lower it. try going up to 30" and see if that helps at all. canoeing is a classic sign of light/heat stress.

Also LED's focus all that light straight to the plant which can be a lot more intense than a t5 for example. Also different plants can handle different intensities. I've had vegetables get really close to lights and love them while other plants will fry..

Not sure I`m getting this as I have plants(4) in my flower tent 4 ft tall running of the same rez and not a mark on any of the leaves and flowering like crazy , so how can a plant I/5 th the size need 1000 ppm and yet a 4 ft plant only needs 380-400 ppm ?

71fICyzkdoL._SL1024_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom