Curing while on holiday

Virandell

Hi guys I have a question when my plants will dry I will have to obviously stick them in the jar the problem is when they will be ready next day I will be going for holiday for 7 days I wonder if they will be alright without opening them for 1h for 7 days ? I am abit worried about mould. Maybe would be good idea to stick 1x silica bag to the jar untill I will come back from holiday ?
Sorry for my broken English hopefully everybody will understand me :D

Hi guys I have a question when my plants will dry I will have to obviously stick them in the jar the problem is when they will be ready next day I will be going for holiday for 7 days I wonder if they will be alright without opening them for 1h for 7 days ? I am abit worried about mould. Maybe would be good idea to stick 1x silica bag to the jar untill I will come back from holiday ?
Sorry for my broken English hopefully everybody will understand me :D
I think a silica bag would be bad for your buds. Have you hung and dried them already?

I think a silica bag would be bad for your buds. Have you hung and dried them already?
Not yet but everything I have perfectly planned :D
Other option is to keep plants abit longer and hang them to dry just before I will be going for holiday, but they might have to many amber trichomes. Probably better option for me would be to jar them before I will go for holiday

Other option is to keep plants abit longer and hang them to dry just before I will be going for holiday, but they might have to many amber trichomes. Probably better option for me would be to jar them before I will go for holiday
Ah, the life of a farmer. Gotta plan the vacations around the harvests because the plant will not plan anything around what we want to do.;)

I was thinking of this thread earlier and thought why not leave the plants growing until you return. Not sure why you would want to be concerned about to many amber trichomes.

Mr wings makes a good point.
Also I would never leave my girls hanging if I'm not there to monitor them.
A safer solution if you are able to dry and jar them, ive never had buds go moldy after being hung dry properly. No matter how many rookie mistakes I have made. Or low and slow fridge method if your not there to get a beer from fridge anyway. :thumb:

I would rather to avoid that technique I would probably mess up something + it can't smell as I live in a flat and it's illegal where I am growing :)
Experience tells me that as long as the refrigerator door stays closed the aroma stays inside.

One big question is how do you keep the smell of the flowers from being noticeable if living in the flat could be a problem.

Experience tells me that as long as the refrigerator door stays closed the aroma stays inside.

One big question is how do you keep the smell of the flowers from being noticeable if living in the flat could be a problem.
I would not leave plants alone for a week to scared with electric I don't like to much amber trichomes. I am drying and trimming my plants inside a tent so there's no smell.
So I have two options or leave plants abit longer and have eventually more amber and let them dry while I am on holiday or cut them on normal time dry them and leave them for 7 days with no burping even 1 time since jaring them

leave them for 7 days with no burping even 1 time since jaring them
as long as it been dried & jarred. if you put them in the fridge or as cool as you can get (below 70 f) they should be alright for the 7 days till you get back
edit; not sure if you have the time or ability some thing you can try

You buds in the jar will be ok as long as they are dry enough. The reason for burping is so we can let excess moisture our during the early phase of curing.

I've found it not absolutely needed IF my flower was dried well before going into the jars.

I've got 3 plants now that dried more during the hanging than usual. I trimmed them when they were pretty dry but not over dry and I only opened them 1x to check and really didn't need to do that.

Its interesting to note the smell changes while curing tho. I sorta kinda like that experience.

IF I had 7 days before I hadda go on holiday and a crop ... tough call. Harvest today and hope they dry good - if the RH in drying room is lowish (less that 50%) that wood help a lot.

You buds in the jar will be ok as long as they are dry enough. The reason for burping is so we can let excess moisture our during the early phase of curing.

I've found it not absolutely needed IF my flower was dried well before going into the jars.

I've got 3 plants now that dried more during the hanging than usual. I trimmed them when they were pretty dry but not over dry and I only opened them 1x to check and really didn't need to do that.

Its interesting to note the smell changes while curing tho. I sorta kinda like that experience.

IF I had 7 days before I hadda go on holiday and a crop ... tough call. Harvest today and hope they dry good - if the RH in drying room is lowish (less that 50%) that wood help a lot.
Thanks alot buddy I think I will chop them day before going in a holiday

Back
Top Bottom