Damn panic disorder

old_smokey9483

Recently I've discovered I most likley have a panic disorder. I've been in and out of the hospital latley, dealing with differen't things that I though may be wrong with my body. Two nights I was so terribly convinced I was having a heart attack that I almost called 911 insted of just going to the hospital. The thing that really sucks is that smoking pot sometimes brings an attack on. For those of you who haven't read up on the subject, it is a un-stoppable huge wave of very intense fear and paranoia, usually lasting 15-25 minutes depending on how you deal with the fear. Anywho, just wanted to sort of ask if anyone else has this problem, and was sort of wondering if they have good ways of overcoming or shortening the attack. Sorry I know I haven't been on latley and these aren't medical forums.. :\ thanks.

I suffer from the same thing bro. I was diagnosed with agoraphobia and a anxiety disorder. (I'm also bi polar but I've known that for years.) I've been in therapy for over a year and it's really helped me a lot. What really helped me was just thinking out what's bothering you. Say you’re nervous about going to a store and you start to feel the panic. Just think through how the trip will go in steps and how everything will be fine. Like I will go out, drive to the store, go in to get what I need and drive home. Sounds stupid but panic is all in your head and you need to just work though it slowly. You should also try and see a therapist to talk through your problems. You ever need someone to talk to PM me.

thanks a lot, I feel better just hearing about others having the same shit (as dumb as it sounds). I'll try the steps method. Another thing though, since it started recently, does this mean I'll have it for a while or might it just go away in a few weeks? My job really stresses me out, I'm quitting soon anyway and going to work in a tobacco shop (yay) so hopefully that will help relieve some of my anxiety and stress. thanks again

yes i have an anxiety disorder, and yes all of a sudden i can be standing looking very normal and then the next second ill just have an anxiety attack and drop to the ground blacked out. it scares the shit out of me and to be honest

It doesn't go away. It's one of those things you learn to control over time. Gotta work at it but things get better.

I'm suffering from depression & panic anxiety disorder

I have to take 5 kinds of pills to get up and function in the morning and to sleep at night. (Zyprexa 5mg, Temazepam 30mg, Paxil 20mg, Wellbutrin SR 150mg, Methotrimeprazine 25mg)

I haven't been able to get hard because of the Paxil for over 3 months now (I'm afraid that my wife may have an affair with someone else if it keeps up)

I was growing 1 pound of weed in my basement because I found that it helped me relax and didn't feel the need to take all of these pills that fuck me up. But the cops came and busted me friday march 16 2007 and took all of my weed and equipment (besides all that they broke and messed up). Now I have more to worry about (criminal record, large fine, having to buy "shit-weed" from some dealer)

If anyone knows about quebec laws and cannabis please let me know...........

chris

I was recently diagnosed with panic disorder (to go with the bipolar- my brain is defective) and I've noticed that weed does relax me quite well, but it's not something to fuck with if you're right in the middle of an attack. I don't touch ganj unless I'm sure I'm not in any particular "state"

Meee 2, I have bipolar disorder, it was diagnosed 7 years ago, I too suffer with panic attacks! I have to take med's for both and I smoke weed my doctor says its a good thing to help my condition... he's a doctor and is supposed to know best!

Recently I've discovered I most likley have a panic disorder. I've been in and out of the hospital latley, dealing with differen't things that I though may be wrong with my body. Two nights I was so terribly convinced I was having a heart attack that I almost called 911 insted of just going to the hospital. The thing that really sucks is that smoking pot sometimes brings an attack on. For those of you who haven't read up on the subject, it is a un-stoppable huge wave of very intense fear and paranoia, usually lasting 15-25 minutes depending on how you deal with the fear. Anywho, just wanted to sort of ask if anyone else has this problem, and was sort of wondering if they have good ways of overcoming or shortening the attack. Sorry I know I haven't been on latley and these aren't medical forums.. :\ thanks.

I'd suggest less sativa and more Indica.

More couch chill, less creepy paranioa

yup...those sure are anxiety attacks.. Sorry to hear about everything unfortunately anxiety gets more the best of me also. We're all out here too don't worry man. My Dad and Sister have bi-polar disorder...sure sucked growing up haha

I have had panic attacks in the past....now i am perscribed an instant release benzo...if i ever feel one coming on, i just put a wafer under my tounge and instantly feel fine. I rarely use the benzos though, only under high stress situations.

The benzodiazepines (pronounced [ˌbenzəʊdaɪˈæzəpiːnz], or "benzos" for short) are a class of psychoactive drugs considered as minor tranquilizers with varying hypnotic, sedative, anxiolytic, anticonvulsant, muscle relaxant and amnesic properties, which are brought on by slowing down the central nervous system.........wikipedia

and a wafer is the form the pill comes in.
either way, I would rather just smoke some mj than have to take the wafers...I only take them when I really need them.

They are amazingly effective and do work instantly...I would get further in detail about them but this is a Marijuana website.

I'd suggest less sativa and more Indica.

More couch chill, less creepy paranioa

I agree you recommended this for me several months back. I have smoked nothing but indicas since and it took away all those what if's and fears. I have not had a bad outbreak in several weeks now. She knows what she is talking about.

I know just from my experience that the few times that I did smoke I got seriously paranoid. I am not a people person even though I work with the public. I am bipolar/a.d.d., hate crowds,would never leave my house if I didn't have to. I have been on edibles for the past 11 months and it has helped a lot with me being able to relax enough to deal with being around others including in a large group of 1,000-10,000. Also, once I admitted to my friends what was going on and why I would disappear/leave a party without telling someone that helped as well as they were very understanding. Haven't been to a therapist in quite a while. Brownie therapy now. ;)

I used to have panic attacks and scary thoughts when I was young and raising my kids.

One time I thought I was having a heart attack and checked into the ER. They took me very serious and started helping me right away. It was not the first time I had one of these and my heart rate was racing. While I was there a man come in that Was having a heart attack and it was a good learning experience. He was overweight, holding his left arm, sweating and apparently in a great deal of pain. His was not in there because his heart was racing... He was in severe pain. I watched them (heard them) treat the man on the other side of a privacy screen for what seemed like hours. By the time the doctor got around to me I was starting to calm down. He looked at an EKG tape for me and said I had sinus tachycardia (racing heart is all that means). He asked if I was taking any drugs (like cocaine or something) to which I said hell no. They gave me Xanax for awhile and eventually I just outgrew it. I mean I outgrew the panic attacks. They just stopped. I do not know why I had them, why they stopped or if anyone really knows. I will say this, you just need to relax and not worry about life and death. Death will happen one day to all of us and worrying about it ain't gonna change it. Play some golf, go cliff diving, fly to fun places. Life is short and you do not want to spend too much of it worrying about stuff you cannot change. If something you do sets them off (weed, coffee etc) you may want to curtail those until you stop getting the attacks.

I know just from my experience that the few times that I did smoke I got seriously paranoid. I am not a people person even though I work with the public. I am bipolar/a.d.d., hate crowds,would never leave my house if I didn't have to. I have been on edibles for the past 11 months and it has helped a lot with me being able to relax enough to deal with being around others including in a large group of 1,000-10,000. Also, once I admitted to my friends what was going on and why I would disappear/leave a party without telling someone that helped as well as they were very understanding. Haven't been to a therapist in quite a while. Brownie therapy now. ;)

Are you saying that edibles work better for you than smoking for your anxiety? I have never had a chance to try edibles, but have heard it is much smoother than smoking on the nervous system do to the big punch of thc from smoking.

I also was prescribed anti-anxiety benzodiazepines and took them for years until I starting suffering from seizures. Whether the seizures were brought on by the benzo's or lack there of, nobody can say. I started smoking Medical Marijuana and stopped using benzo's altogether along with heavy muscle relaxers and anti-convulsants. I have not suffered a panic attack, crippling spasm, or seizure while able to use MMJ. There was a period of time (40+days) I could not use Medical Marijuana because I was held without bail in prison after being Busted on Medical Marijuana Charges. I was forced to suffer seizures, panic attacks and know that Marijuana is my best hope!!:goodluck:

Wingman,I am also on Xanax and Librax and really would like to dump them. Would you mind sharing HOW you got off them and some details,like how you felt after you stopped them? Since I cannot take any opiates or NSaids for pain,the benzos and MMJ have helped deal with it. I don't have a Dr to talk about this with. Only one even knows I am a MMJ pt. My dose is 1mg BID for the Xanax,up from 0.5 mgs I was taking before. I am afraid of seizures. Dudette

I was prescribed Xanax for many years. Over the years I was taking less and less of them and maintained the prescription. There were times that I had stockpiled a huge amount. I do know what happened, but I just stopped needing them.

When I was prescribed the Xanax I was terrified of everything... Being in closed in spaces, crowds, driving across the country or flying. All these things I had to do a lot for my work and I just forced myself to do them. I really think that was the key. To be honest, I think I also started to drink a bit. I spent all my child raising years a straight arrow that never drank or smoked. Once my kids got older I started to relax and have fun in life more. I started to drink beer a bit, and I would never drink beer and take a Xanax. The beer would make me feel like a tough guy and over time I just quit taking the xanax altogether. I am not suggesting beer as a replacement for xanax because that has it's own problems. I think that as my children grew and my career got better I developed confidence and trust. I quit worrying about every little thing and started to experiment with my fears. I got to where I would love to take long flights and take vacations in Hawaii and places. I started doing things that were dangerous again (like before I started having kids). At 45 I am boding surfing on monster waves and diving off of cliffs (into the ocean) that scared other people. So what I am saying is that facing my own fears over and over helped me beat panic disorders. And if I have a weird pain someplace I do not worry about it. I just let it go. I do not think it is something that is leading to my end and force my heart to race. Fear will make your heart race and your heart racing will cause fear. It is much safer to just relax, just be, and soon it will be over.

Here is one thing I think is really important. Drink good water. Water is the best thing for you and many do not drink enough of it. Water well hydrate the spongy things between your bones (I forget what they are called) and make you feel better. You must hydrate all the parts of your body. So many people drink coffee or soft drinks instead of water. The chemicals in those things are not good and they do not hydrate you... actually quite the opposite. When I drink lots of water I feel so much healthier and that really helps. Do things for You. You only live once and so many people do things to please everyone else. Take up golfing or whatever you like. I say golf because it is a huge distraction, it gets you outside for many hours and it is a light form of exercise. I am a huge fan of the benefits of golf.

Back
Top Bottom