Damn sneaky devils

pending

Not sure how this happened.. I had an end date, 8 weeks, 11/26, had even decided what plant was coming out first.. They're done, plants are exhausted, half the shades are gone, all are yellow and finished.. Got my trimming shears out, moved some plants around, removed some more leaves.. Watered them and closed the door.. you see.. they ain't finished.. The buds, which looked like spears till now, have started to bust open and the resulting cola's are starting to resemble pine cones.. That and the fact that I don't think there's a single stigma that's turned in the whole garden.. I mean, unless my clumsy ass has bonked it moving plants and pruning.. Shouldn't some of these stigmas be going out, it's always been my experience.. The garden runs a little cool, a new experience for me.. Could/does that slow things down.. the plants are Gorilla Glue.. well there's some peanut butter kush & my a lil 'Mexi girl but they aren't ready either.. How long would y'all let them run?? Next Fridays nine weeks.. thanks, laters

Never go by what the seed seller says! They want to sell seeds, so I think they fudge the “done by” date. It’s amost always longer than they say. They’ll be done when almost all the pistils are brown and 10-30% of the trichromes are amber. If you don’t have one, get a jewels loop so you can see the trichromes up close. Keep giving nutes,!

Not sure how this happened.. I had an end date, 8 weeks, 11/26, had even decided what plant was coming out first.. They're done, plants are exhausted, half the shades are gone, all are yellow and finished.. Got my trimming shears out, moved some plants around, removed some more leaves.. Watered them and closed the door.. you see.. they ain't finished.. The buds, which looked like spears till now, have started to bust open and the resulting cola's are starting to resemble pine cones.. That and the fact that I don't think there's a single stigma that's turned in the whole garden.. I mean, unless my clumsy ass has bonked it moving plants and pruning.. Shouldn't some of these stigmas be going out, it's always been my experience.. The garden runs a little cool, a new experience for me.. Could/does that slow things down.. the plants are Gorilla Glue.. well there's some peanut butter kush & my a lil 'Mexi girl but they aren't ready either.. How long would y'all let them run?? Next Fridays nine weeks.. thanks, laters
Hello @pending hope you are well my friend.
Pics would help.
But start by looking at pistols.
When there isn't any white pistols left she is finished flowering and building for you.
Once they all crinkle in and turn red check your tric's.
Clear/ milky tric's energetic feeling, milky / amber more relaxed feeling.
Don't trust seed company projections, they aren't always accurate.
Sometimes they fudge the numbers to help with sales.
Happy growing.

Stay safe
Bill

I had an end date, 8 weeks, 11/26, had even decided what plant was coming out first..
Was this end date because of the seed breeders say-so or because of watching the plant grow? Don't see where you are going by the seed sellers time-line.

How long would y'all let them run?? Next Fridays nine weeks.. thanks, laters
I go by what the plant shows. I really have a hard time seeing amber trichomes though I understand why it is a good way to determine ripening. I just go by how the overall appearance of the buds and when/if I see the occasional amber. It works for me and I have not had anyone complain.

And '9 weeks' is not all that much longer than '8 weeks'. Just imagine if you were growing something that tends to take 11 or 12 weeks.;)

The garden runs a little cool, a new experience for me.. Could/does that slow things down..
Yes. If it gets cool enough it will slow the growth and the more often it cools down the more likely it will add a few more days before the buds are ripe.

Was this end date because of the seed breeders say-so or because of watching the plant grow? Don't see where you are going by the seed sellers time-line.

I go by what the plant shows. I really have a hard time seeing amber trichomes though I understand why it is a good way to determine ripening. I just go by how the overall appearance of the buds and when/if I see the occasional amber. It works for me and I have not had anyone complain.

And '9 weeks' is not all that much longer than '8 weeks'. Just imagine if you were growing something that tends to take 11 or 12 weeks.;)

Yes. If it gets cool enough it will slow the growth and the more often it cools down the more likely it will add a few more days before the buds are ripe.
My lil Mexi girl is about 15 weeks in.. Hehe!! Too small container, waiting on some seeds that never came in.. she greened up at 12weeks when top dressed w/ash/egg shells & coffee grounds

DOOM! DOOM I say!! Couple of nights ago power pole was hit across the street from my house.. Power was out for about four and a half hours right in the middle of my flower cycle.. Ruined!! The whole gardens probably gonna go morphadite.. It's a total lose.. Decided to try and trick them into finishing by changing the light while the lights were out.. I figured they thought their Sun had gone out probably forevermore.. I'm sure the stress was killing them.. So, you see, I swapped the light to metal halide so the light was a different colour.. they finished off the day and got one more full day of MH then I swapped back to HPS today.. also, I backed into the room when I entered tonight and acted like none of it ever happened..

DOOM! DOOM I say!! Couple of nights ago power pole was hit across the street from my house.. Power was out for about four and a half hours right in the middle of my flower cycle.. Ruined!! The whole gardens probably gonna go morphadite..
I hope you are joking.;) If the "...middle of my flower cycle..." means while the plant was in the dark then nothing changed.

The plants go into flowering because of a 12 hour or longer period of low or no light. It takes the 12 hours of low/no light for the hormones to start building up to a level that it changes the plant from a plain "grow more leaves" cycle. It takes more than 12 hours of light for the plant to use up all the hormones and switch back to a veg state.

During the "lights on" period photosynthesis is going on and the plant building up a storage of sugars that will be used for growth while there is no available light. If "...middle of my flower cycle..." means while the lights were on then what happened was the plant had less light and therefore less time for photosynthesis so fewer sugars being stored.

.. I'm sure the stress was killing them..
More likely the stress from worrying about this is more likely to cause a stroke or heart attack and kill you than it is to be no more than a blink in the cosmos for the plant.:)

I hop you are joking.;) If the "...middle of my flower cycle..." means while the plant was in the dark then nothing changed.

The plants go into flowering because of a 12 hour or longer period of low or no light. It takes the 12 hours of low/no light for the hormones to start building up to a level that it changes the plant from a plain "grow more leaves" cycle. It takes more than 12 hours of light for the plant to use up all the hormones and switch back to a veg state.

During the "lights on" period photosynthesis is going on and the plant building up a storage of sugars that will be used for growth while there is no available light. If "...middle of my flower cycle..." means while the lights were on then what happened was the plant had less light and therefore less time for photosynthesis so fewer sugars being stored.

More likely the stress from worrying about this is more likely to cause a stroke or heart attack and kill you than it is to be no more than a blink in the cosmos for the plant.:)
Come on now, I said I walked/entered the room backwards to trick the plants.. I'm sure they've gotten over their trauma..

So, the gorilla glue is nine weeks along.. most all of the shades are gone everything is going yellow.. mostly making resin, getting really frosty.. at 8weeks I decided I'd look at them again in 10 days sooo.. might take one Monday.. who knows.. I'll try & grab some pics but I'm never happy with them so chances are...., Laters

Chopped one of them down today.. Well, the peanut butter kush &the lil Mexi girl don't really count.. they were just for funzies, seeds didn't take, didn't have room for they.. the lil Mexi girl is Rogue One.. she came up in the flower room.. Rouge 2 is going in tonight.. it's a gorilla glue or Hayes Xtreme mom X a gorilla glue or Northern lights dad.. Sadly rogue 3 died when transplanting.. Rouge 4 showed tonight growing from a drain hole in a Hayes X pot.. I made a lot of seeds & lost some to the soil.. Soil's starting to be recycled now hehe!! What fun.. The Gorilla Glue is 68 days along today.. They're all pretty much played out, looking for some colour now..

Hello - are you using any bloom boosters? Just curious
I'm trying half a dozen different things to supplement the soil.. Ash, egg shells and coffee grounds.. Currently running potassium poor starting about 4/5 weeks into flower.. I was a bit disappointed with the performance of my soil till I realized I was running/growing bigger plants than I did in the past.. so, I just started with a 4/12/4 MG quick star solution and a Organic 3/5/6 bone/feather something or other.. Made a tea.. This first set was/is tired out, exhausted and suffering a bit on the finish.. Second set, well (5) are a month behind.. Watching them fade early I realized growing bigger plants then cutting them back a week or two before flowering to get the shape/spacing, whatever, I was/am wasting a lot of the soils energy.. Also have some a.p. MG 24/8/16 that breaks down to 3/1/2 at one eighth strength Soo.. The quick start solution chased all the red from the stems & greened everything up..

Back
Top Bottom