Dark spots on seedling leaf

So I read about ppm. With only using 1/2 strength then there would be no way to active what is recommended. Is that right?

not sure what you are asking...

not sure what you are asking...
That was very poorly worded and I apologize it was late. The question was if I'm only using 1/4 to 1/2 strength then feeding based on a PPM schedule cannot be accurate. If a chart says 300 to 500 PPM and I'm only mixing it quarter strength and there's no way to achieve that PPM.

That was very poorly worded and I apologize it was late. The question was if I'm only using 1/4 to 1/2 strength then feeding based on a PPM schedule cannot be accurate. If a chart says 300 to 500 PPM and I'm only mixing it quarter strength and there's no way to achieve that PPM.

no worries.

i don't use nute company recommended measurements or ppm.
i use their charts as a suggestion of the ratio of each nute to use.
i feed between 1/4 to 1/2 of recommended strengths.

i have a tds meter and use that to get to my target ppm.

i am the one who determines what the target ppm is.
it is not written anywhere. i change ppm based on plant needs and my own observance.

hope that makes sense for you. :)

no worries.

i don't use nute company recommended measurements or ppm.
i use their charts as a suggestion of the ratio of each nute to use.
i feed between 1/4 to 1/2 of recommended strengths.

i have a tds meter and use that to get to my target ppm.

i am the one who determines what the target ppm is.
it is not written anywhere. i change ppm based on plant needs and my own observance.

hope that makes sense for you. :)
It sure does and I'm assuming that comes from experience. This is my first a grow so I don't have that feel yet. Thanks!

no troubles.. it takes a bit of getting used to.

it's not hard tho, and you'll get there.

do you use a tds meter ? just realized you may not be using one. i recommend having one. at first you'll find yourself relying on it. once used to mixing the nutes you'll find yourself needing it less.

no troubles.. it takes a bit of getting used to.

it's not hard tho, and you'll get there.

do you use a tds meter ? just realized you may not be using one. i recommend having one. at first you'll find yourself relying on it. once used to mixing the nutes you'll find yourself needing it less.
I do have a tds meter but don't understand how to use it. So based on this chart my solution is suppose to be 600-900 ppm. So if I am only using half strength then my ppm per feeding is 300-450 right?

If I am low on PPM then I add the 3 nutes (using Flora series) in the recommended ratios to get it in the target range?
Capture.PNG

how close is your lights and how many actual watts
and also how many hours a day are your lights on
is that one with a veg bloom switch
My light is about 18 inches from the yellowing leaf. The light I am using is the VIPARSPECTRA Reflector Series V300 300W, it does't have a bloom/veg switch, all or nothing. I am on a 18/6 cycle right now.

its light stress.

your DLI is at 57

your ppfd is at ~893

for comparison
40 DLI is max without co2
i am currently pushing my flowering plant to 950 max ppfd

#1 you are frying your seedling
#2 the closest you want that light at a 18/6 lights on schedule is 26-27 inches
#3 move your light up to 30 inches to give the plant room to grow up

i GUARANTEE thats your main problem.

when plants get too much light it messes with the uptake of nutes

I am growing in Mother Earth Coco 70% + Perlite 30%.

i use mother earth cocopeat

dude trust me, your light is too close.

i bet money most problems with people using blurples is light burn/stress from the crappy ass diodes in that junk led.

they just dont realize it because they dont have a light meter for one, and for two noobies dont realize theres such a thing as too much light.

pull your light to 30” and your plant will start to recover, ideally put it up to 36 inches to ease up on the little lady, she is stressed to shit.

Sounds logical to me. I will move the light up and report back in a week or so on the status. This "noobie with the junk LED" appreciates the help. :thumb::thumb:

i just hate blurples, no offense, i just hate seeing people have problems with them because i went through the same thing.

its well documented in my posts lmao.

but seriously, it will stress/burn your plants especially at a young age

No offense taken. I will search for those posts to get a better idea. Thanks again.

pretty sure the admin deleted them when they gave me my last ban for a week lol.

but yeah if you need any advice on lught distance send me a message and i can help you out, or you can use this calculator and plug the numbers in yourself. i know its pretty accurate because i have a light meter i have tested the readings on

pretty sure the admin deleted them when they gave me my last ban for a week lol.

but yeah if you need any advice on lught distance send me a message and i can help you out, or you can use this calculator and plug the numbers in yourself. i know its pretty accurate because i have a light meter i have tested the readings on

Not sure how to send direct messages and can't find any information on it.

Top of the page - Inbox- start conversation

Back
Top Bottom