dark stems?

egs420

i have two plants and one of them the stems on some of the leaves are turning kinda purple, or just getting darker. is this ok? or am i doing something wrong?
P10105501.JPG
P10105483.JPG
P1010547.JPG

Purpling in the stems seems to be an inherited trait is some strains, but often it is a sign of stress. If they haven't been fed yet they are likely hungry. Is there a grow shop you can patronize? Go get some plant food and a pH meter. You want a simple system until you learn enough to know what you want to do. How much light and what kind?

No need to panic though. They look properly watered. They won't die tomorrow, but if they don't find or get food, they will waste away, and the right pH will help immensely.

:peace:

they get great sunlight for about 16 hours, it gets that beautiful cali sun!!!! but i will have to look into a shop thanks for the info:morenutes:oh yeah i also use well water and have used fish emulsion a few times,and that made them huge, but thats all ive used

I agree, Looks like the Purple strains to me. Current grow has the same coloration to the stems. Do you know the strain? It would be very helpful if you know instead of just saying it is Nitrogen that the plant needs.

:peace:

Phosphorus (P) deficiency:Fan leaves are dark green or red/purple, and may turn yellow. Leaves may curl under, go brown and die. Small-formed buds are another main symptom.
Phosphorus deficiencies exhibit slow growing, weak and stunted plants with dark green or purple pigmentation in older leaves and stems.
Some deficiency during flowering is normal, but too much shouldn't be tolerated. Red petioles and stems are a normal, genetic characteristic for many varieties, plus it can also be a co-symptom of N, K, and Mg-deficiencies, so red stems are not a foolproof sign of P-deficiency. Too much P can lead to iron deficiency.
Purpling: accumulation of anthocyanin pigments; causes an overall dark green color with a purple, red, or blue tint, and is the common sign of phosphate deficiency. Some plant species and varieties respond to phosphate deficiency by yellowing instead of purpling. Purpling is natural to some healthy ornamentals.

Back
Top Bottom